Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, have you guys noticed how TNT Inside the NBA is gradually getting their viewers acclimated to not seeing Charles, Kenny and Ernie together in the show recently?

Guess it's going to be inevitable for Chucks departure from the show. I still think thats why the producers elected to bring Shaq on the show as well. They needed someone to replace to Chuck. I think if Chris Webber can be a regular with Kenny and Shaq--the show won't be in trouble.

Dude, you're reaching. Barkley and Kenny Smith are doing the NCAA tournament until the final game. Working overtime. They'll be back, chucks going no where. This has been the schedule for a couple years now.

IDK, man. I really think Chuck has "grown out" of Inside the NBA. He's done and achieved everything that he possibly could have being on the show.

It's time for him to move on and seek other challenges in his life or whatever endeavors he seeks in the future. Some people think he really wants to be a GM for some NBA team one day.

But lets not think he hasn't talked about leaving Inside the NBA. There's been reports about this for a couple of years now.

Last edited:
IDK, man. I really think Chuck has "grown out" of Inside the NBA. He's done and achieved everything that he possibly could have being on the show.

It's time for him to move on and seek other challenges in his life or whatever endeavors he seeks in the future. Some people think he really wants to be a GM for some NBA team one day.

But lets not think he hasn't talked about leaving Inside the NBA. There's been reports about this for a couple of years now.

Charles Barkley has said multiple times, he has the best job in the world. He gets paid millions of dollars to talk about and watch basketball. He has also said he never had a real job, nor does he want one.

Chuck ain't going no where, book it. Dude is going to go down in history as best TV basketball personality for the NBA and now NCAA.

BTW, have you guys noticed how TNT Inside the NBA is gradually getting their viewers acclimated to not seeing Charles, Kenny and Ernie together in the show recently?

Guess it's going to be inevitable for Chucks departure from the show. I still think thats why the producers elected to bring Shaq on the show as well. They needed someone to replace to Chuck. I think if Chris Webber can be a regular with Kenny and Shaq--the show won't be in trouble.
Dude, you're reaching. Barkley and Kenny Smith are doing the NCAA tournament until the final game. Working overtime. They'll be back, chucks going no where. This has been the schedule for a couple years now.

Make up your mind, first TNT is trying to slowly get watchers accommodated to seeing less Chuck and more Shaq. Now you're saying he's achieved everything possible on the show? Stop reachin'...

You ever think he might just love his job, you know, sitting around one night a week watching/talking basketball for a few hours an collecting a stupid check?

Lol, they're doing the NCAA tourney man everything will be back to normal in a week or two. They do this every year.

easy money for chuck. TNT will accommodate him since they got guys that fill in from nbatv. Prob more days off and him doing a few more commentary at gms

I think you guys are just in denial. I mean, I'm not trying to take any jabs at anyone or anything, but the buzz has been around for quite some time now. This is nothing new.

I understand where you guys are coming from though. I love watching Chuck on the show as much as the next guy, but let's be realistic here.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nb...-leave-‘inside-the-nba’-before-contract-ends/

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/sto...-the-nba-open-court-shaquille-oneal-chris-web

http://www.thesportsfanjournal.com/...an/is-charles-barkley-leaving-inside-the-nba/

There are a TON of articles and reports that all say the same thing.

People grow out of things and eventually Chuck will move on to something else. I feel like if he the opportunity came up to Chuck (Being a GM or front office job for the right team), he'd take it and leave.

If you guys HONESTLY believe he'll be doing this for the rest of his life, then you guys are more delusional than Laker fans thinking they'll make the NBA finals :lol:

BTW, I'm not saying Barkely is leaving Inside the NBA tomorrow. I'm saying he's going to eventually leave sometime in the near future. You guys are acting like I'm saying dude is gone already.

Last edited:
To my knowledge, this was the last time Chuck spoke about his job (right at the start of this season):
Asked how long he wants to continue in sports broadcasting, Charles Barkley told SI.com something shocking: He's almost done.

"I love my job," Barkley said. "I love the people I work with. And I'm going to try to do things to keep me engaged. But I have four years left on my current deal and to be honest with you, it's going to be a struggle for me to make it for the whole four years. I really don't know how much longer I'm going to do this. I need something more, or something else to do to be honest with you."

In an extended interview with SI.com, Barkley was contemplative about his future as a broadcaster. The TNT NBA analyst has uttered similar things before -- including plenty of talk about an Alabama gubernatorial run -- but he offered extended remarks about needing a new challenge. "I only thought I would do this for three or four years but now I have been doing it for 13 years," Barkley said. "When I got to my fifth year of broadcasting I was like 'OK, I'll do this a couple of more years.' But now I'm like, 'Dude, you have been doing this for 13 years and if I make it to the end of the contract it will be 17 years.' Seventeen years is a long time. It's a lifetime in broadcasting. I personally have to figure out the next challenge for me."

Last year Barkley told his Turner bosses that he needed something to re-engage him. He asked to do more games onsite as an analyst and last January Turner assigned Barkley to the Heat-Hawks game in Atlanta with Kevin Harlan and Reggie Miller. Barkley loved it. "When I did the game with Kevin and Reggie I had a blast," Barkley said. "And judging by the feedback we got, I think the fans liked it too. I am excited to do that this year."

Barkley is currently scheduled to call two games as a game analyst in the first half of the season. He'll be in Miami for the Spurs at Heat (Nov. 29, 8 p.m. ET) and New York for Lakers at Knicks (Dec. 13, 8 p.m. ET).

Asked for something in broadcasting he'd like to do before he moves on to another profession, Barkley said he wants to call a college basketball game with ESPN's **** Vitale. He even went so far as to tell his bosses at Turner about his wish. What was their response? "They kind of just blew me off a little bit," Barkley said. "But I don't get my ego caught up with that. **** does a great job with college basketball and we do a great job with the NBA. I just think it would be fun for **** and I to do a game together."

For his part, ESPN's Vitale said he'd be up for it. "Let's get it done with Dan Shulman at the controls," Vitale said. "Love the Round Mound of Rebound."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...les-barkley/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a1

Last edited:
To my knowledge, this was the last time Chuck spoke about his job (right at the start of this season):

Asked how long he wants to continue in sports broadcasting, Charles Barkley told SI.com something shocking: He's almost done.

"I love my job," Barkley said. "I love the people I work with. And I'm going to try to do things to keep me engaged. But I have four years left on my current deal and to be honest with you, it's going to be a struggle for me to make it for the whole four years. I really don't know how much longer I'm going to do this. I need something more, or something else to do to be honest with you."

In an extended interview with SI.com, Barkley was contemplative about his future as a broadcaster. The TNT NBA analyst has uttered similar things before -- including plenty of talk about an Alabama gubernatorial run -- but he offered extended remarks about needing a new challenge. "I only thought I would do this for three or four years but now I have been doing it for 13 years," Barkley said. "When I got to my fifth year of broadcasting I was like 'OK, I'll do this a couple of more years.' But now I'm like, 'Dude, you have been doing this for 13 years and if I make it to the end of the contract it will be 17 years.' Seventeen years is a long time. It's a lifetime in broadcasting. I personally have to figure out the next challenge for me."

Last year Barkley told his Turner bosses that he needed something to re-engage him. He asked to do more games onsite as an analyst and last January Turner assigned Barkley to the Heat-Hawks game in Atlanta with Kevin Harlan and Reggie Miller. Barkley loved it. "When I did the game with Kevin and Reggie I had a blast," Barkley said. "And judging by the feedback we got, I think the fans liked it too. I am excited to do that this year."

Barkley is currently scheduled to call two games as a game analyst in the first half of the season. He'll be in Miami for the Spurs at Heat (Nov. 29, 8 p.m. ET) and New York for Lakers at Knicks (Dec. 13, 8 p.m. ET).

Asked for something in broadcasting he'd like to do before he moves on to another profession, Barkley said he wants to call a college basketball game with ESPN's **** Vitale. He even went so far as to tell his bosses at Turner about his wish. What was their response? "They kind of just blew me off a little bit," Barkley said. "But I don't get my ego caught up with that. **** does a great job with college basketball and we do a great job with the NBA. I just think it would be fun for **** and I to do a game together."

For his part, ESPN's Vitale said he'd be up for it. "Let's get it done with Dan Shulman at the controls," Vitale said. "Love the Round Mound of Rebound."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...les-barkley/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a1

Thanks for posting this. Barkley is saying exactly what I said earlier tonight.

You can just tell that he's looking for a new challenge. I mean, it's a very human thing to do. When you've done something for so long and accomplished everything that you can possibly accomplish in your field of work, you're inclined to move on to something else. It just happens.

Last edited:
On another note: Did you guys noticed how they had Shaq's jersey on backward when they retired it? They have the front of the jersey shown instead of the back like all the other retired jerseys.

^LOOL.. that's what happens when you rush dude's jersey retirement

How could we forget, the nightly John Wall highlight :lol:

1:34 another highlight block

Last edited:
Kobe played 47 minutes tonight, man. Fo' Seven.

***** is gonna die on the court if they reach the playoffs.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Barkley as a GM?

steve-nash-no-thanks-o.gif

I don't think a FO job is his calling....

*edit*

Here's the craziest part of the Javaris Crittendon article:

Former Georgia Tech basketball star Javaris Crittenton, who police say joined a Los Angeles gang after being a first round draft pick of the NBA Lakers, was indicted Tuesday on murder charges, accused of killing an Atlanta mother of four while trying to strike retribution at a rival gang member.

Homie joined a gang AFTER being drafted in the NBA. :smh:

3.5 GPA in HS...good student at GT... and then messes his life up by joining a gang...idiot.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/crittenton-indicted-for-murder/nXBDF/

Last edited:
I ended up falling asleep, woke up saw this thread had like 9 new pages and went to check the box score.....
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Mavs

Javaris was that dude in NBA 2k9, he had a crossover that just allowed him to slip past anyone.

Last edited:
I think Utah will beat Denver tonight. Its hard winning in Utah, Denver sucks on the road and they're without Lawson.

Now, if I can just get Memphis to capitalize in Portland for once, they will be in 3rd again. I want that 3rd seed >:

3.5 GPA in HS...good student at GT... and then messes his life up by joining a gang...idiot.

the hell :rofl:

Fans during the time were like F Kobe, trade him if he wants, we got the future right here - Farmar, Crittenton, Turiaf and Bynum

Little did they know he could care less about being the next Kobe, he was trying to get initiated into gangs

Last edited:
Barkley as a GM?

steve-nash-no-thanks-o.gif

I don't think a FO job is his calling....

*edit*

Here's the craziest part of the Javaris Crittendon article:

Former Georgia Tech basketball star Javaris Crittenton, who police say joined a Los Angeles gang after being a first round draft pick of the NBA Lakers, was indicted Tuesday on murder charges, accused of killing an Atlanta mother of four while trying to strike retribution at a rival gang member.

not enough :smh: in the world for him

so apparently ariza is javaris now

Last edited:
Kids cry themselves to sleep at night praying for an opportunity to escape that lifestyle and this little piss ant was never involved and jumped down by choice AFTER making it to a level where he would never have to see that atmosphere ever again? Throw his stupid *** UNDER the jail. :smh:

Kids cry themselves to sleep at night praying for an opportunity to escape that lifestyle and this little piss ant was never involved and jumped down by choice AFTER making it to a level where he would never have to see that atmosphere ever again? Throw his stupid *** UNDER the jail. :smh:

I know, right?

From everything that I've read, he grew up decently. Two parent household, private school education...great student. Pissed it all away to join a gang once he made it to the league. I just don't get it. What void was he trying to fill here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom