Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
since it was mentioned that the thunder contacted the warriors about a james harden trade..

what do you guys think would have been the most the warriors would have given up for harden?

the rumors are klay thompson was the main piece the thunder were interested in

and do you guys think a deal like say harden, maynor and pick(s) (i guess other throw ins could be added to make it work) FOR thompson and curry   would work?

Couldnt he have just not signed an offer sheet and became an unrestricted FA next yr? He wouldve had to play one more yr here but would have his freedom. He has no leverage.

Im more surprised he wanted to play for the Suns more than the Hornets...their future looks way brighter.
Because that's not the smart financial decision.

since it was mentioned that the thunder contacted the warriors about a james harden trade..

what do you guys think would have been the most the warriors would have given up for harden?

and do you guys think a deal like say harden, maynor and pick(s) (i guess other throw ins could be added to make it work) FOR thompson and curry  would work?

There's no way in hell they would have included Curry in that.

and do you guys think a deal like say harden, maynor and pick(s) (i guess other throw ins could be added to make it work) FOR thompson and curry  would work?

The Thunder trading picks would make no sense though... Presti rarely makes trades where he has to give up picks..

Also doubtful Curry would be in.

Last edited:
Couldnt he have just not signed an offer sheet and became an unrestricted FA next yr? He wouldve had to play one more yr here but would have his freedom. He has no leverage.

Im more surprised he wanted to play for the Suns more than the Hornets...their future looks way brighter.
Because that's not the smart financial decision.
Of course it's a risk but you have to accept the fact that you will most likely get locked up long term to the team that has your rights. Can't have it both ways. If he didnt want to play there then dont sign an offer sheet.

It would have been difficult to pull off because of the difference in salary between Harden and Thompson this year, plus the Warriors don't have anything else to offer.

The Bobcats also called about Harden last week.

Some highlights from Jordan’s 23-minute interview:

--He said the franchise is open to a nickname switch should New Orleans Hornets owner Tom Benson follow through on changing that team’s name. Some fans want the Hornets name and logo back in Charlotte.

--He said the Bobcats “made a couple of calls’’ about shooting guard James Harden’s availability before the Oklahoma City Thunder traded Harden to the Houston Rockets this week.

Morey will get another max player to Houston the same way he got Lin, Harden, and Asik. Is it possible for him to steal Dwight with one of those backloaded contracts? I'm pretty sure the Lakers would match but can one of you capologists confirm or deny?

If Wade would have swung on Rondo, I think KG would have went crazy lol

KG would have went crazy on the smallest guy on the floor and probably make his teammates hold him back to look even crazier...still waiting for someone to put him in his place.

carter_vince9f.jpg

Vince_Carter.jpg

Vince-Carter-New-Jersey-Nets.jpg

You guys are bringing back a dark time in my life, I was slowly starting to get over this.

I just wonder what other teams would have been willing to offer for harden..

I figure the thunder would want more than just klay and picks.. and klay and curry wouldnt work for the warriors for harden..

so i figure harden, maynor and picks

Last edited:
Assuming the Shard trade didn't go down...

Seraphin
2013 top-3 protected pick

Wall
Harden
Bum
Nene
Bum

I was at the Clippers game last night. Chris Paul is probably the 2nd best player in the game now. As long as the game is close in 4th quarter, he's gonna win you that game.

This is coming from a Lakers fan too....every time I watch CP3 play, I spit on David Stern's picture.

If Wade would have swung on Rondo, I think KG would have went crazy lol
KG would have went crazy on the smallest guy on the floor and probably make his teammates hold him back to look even crazier...still waiting for someone to put him in his place.
Not even the smallest guy on the floor.... he'd make a beeline to the Heat bench for like Jorts or something (laughing smiley emoticon.... I only have 3 emoticons working)
Some highlights from Jordan’s 23-minute interview:

--He said the franchise is open to a nickname switch should New Orleans Hornets owner Tom Benson follow through on changing that team’s name. Some fans want the Hornets name and logo back in Charlotte.

--He said the Bobcats “made a couple of calls’’ about shooting guard James Harden’s availability before the Oklahoma City Thunder traded Harden to the Houston Rockets this week.

Wasn't there rumors of Harden for the #2 pick before the draft? Soooo we can assume it was for MKG?

and do you guys think a deal like say harden, maynor and pick(s) (i guess other throw ins could be added to make it work) FOR thompson and curry   would work?
The Thunder trading picks would make no sense though... Presti rarely makes trades where he has to give up picks..

Also doubtful Curry would be in.
Harden for Thompson and Jefferson and picks? That'd be a sucky trade for OKC.....

I just wonder what other teams would have been willing to offer for harden..

I figure the thunder would want more than just klay and picks.. and klay and curry wouldnt work for the warriors for harden..

so i figure harden, maynor and picks

and with the bobcats, i guess it would be beal and picks?
I favored Klay Thompson too if we were going to do something. I wanted Rush too, and yea I'll take a pic too. You take the same scraps we sent along with James too. Presti said he and Morey had talked about James before and morey admitted he had been trying to figure out how to get James for a while so I guess that was the quickest, easiest deal for both of them to make and leave time before the 10/31 deadline.

I don't think we would've offered mkg i'm sure it would've been Henderson + picks which is why something didn't get done. We have the picks to have gotten a deal done but likely couldn't come to an agreement on players

i would love to have klay on the thunder.. but a straight up trade of harden for thompson wouldn't work

Anything Clipper-related gets posted, mjshoefanatic has to come rushing in with his cape on, even if it's a compliment.

tumblr_mbcqe3TzBx1qml34n.gif

Dwight wears the cape not me.

and I agree that Lebron is the #1 player in this league. :lol:

:rofl: @foamin

that won't happen until this friday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom