Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: at folks discrediting both Westbrook and Harden. You guys are comparing one to the other......like they both are not great players. No one is a bum in this equation or head and shoulders above the other.

Cases can be made for both.

This is like having to choose from Tamia or Claudette Ortiz to take home with you......you are winning either way.

Well it has been said that Harden would be a better fit at PG than Russy. Even though it was one game, Harden proved his worth.

Russy still averaged 8+ assists twice in his career, and has a career high of 16 assists. Its just one game, they dont need to be compared to each other, they are both excellent

JJ's career numbers are better than Manu's
No they aren't.
and his stats were MUCH better than Manu's last year.
Manu got hurt and missed half the season. When he was playing he was pretty clearly better than Joe Johnson.

:lol: at folks discrediting both Westbrook and Harden. You guys are comparing one to the other......like they both are not great players. No one is a bum in this equation or head and shoulders above the other.

Cases can be made for both.

This is like having to choose from Tamia or Claudette Ortiz to take home with you......you are winning either way.

OMFG....LMAO....Preach brotha preach... :lol:...

Seriously though, Tamia or Claudette Ortiz is nice like rice...

Well everyone thought Westbrook was such a prolific scorer, but Harden just put up 37 and 12assts when he was the man. Hes taller, shoots better. Plays smarter basketball. I don't understand whats not to like of Harden over Westbrook for OKC.

Yeah people just love getting carried away.

I love The Beard, but it was one game dude :lol:

And he's taller? What kind of argument is that?

Ummm yes they are...look them up
*checks again*

No, they're still not. Manu is about as productive in his 28 mpg as Joe Johnson in his 37. Look at anything beyond basic per game numbers and it's kind of a landslide, and that's without even factoring in prime Manu's elite defense.

Last edited:
*checks again*

No, they're still not.

So JJ's 17.8, 4.2, 4.4 isnt better than Manu's 15.2, 3.9, 4.0?

and last year when healthy, the 12.9, 3.9, 4.4 that Manu put up was better than the 18.8, 3.7, 3.9 that JJ put up?

not favoring either player...but JJ's career numbers are better than Manu's, and his stats were MUCH better than Manu's last year. They are also very different players

Yeah they are very different one is a HOFer the other is just a very good 2 gaurd.

Dude Manu comes off the bench and has played in a very slow tempo offensive system, on a per possession basis JJ has never in his life sniffed Manu's zone of efficiency, he gets to the line, shoots threes and is insanely creative on the pick and roll. 2 years ago they ran the offense through Manu and they won 61 games Joe Johnson has never ever at any point been better than Manu.

Another thing people always seem to forget about Manu is how good he is defensively, he has been an elite defender the vast majority of his career.

JJ better player, manu more effective player. if that makes any sense.
that being big shouldn't be an excuse to not be able to hit free throws?

Who said it was an excuse? I just said that TRADITIONALLY big men shoot poorer than smaller players.

So JJ's 17.8, 4.2, 4.4 isnt better than Manu's 15.2, 3.9, 4.0?
and last year when healthy, the 12.9, 3.9, 4.4 that Manu put up was better than the 18.8, 3.7, 3.9 that JJ put up?

Are we factoring efficiency into this or just raw numbers?

not favoring either player...but JJ's career numbers are better than Manu's, and his stats were MUCH better than Manu's last year. They are also very different players

Yeah they are very different one is a HOFer the other is just a very good 2 gaurd.

Dude Manu comes off the bench and has played in a very slow tempo offensive system, on a per possession basis JJ has never in his life sniffed Manu's zone of efficiency, he gets to the line, shoots threes and is insanely creative on the pick and roll. 2 years ago they ran the offense through Manu and they won 61 games Joe Johnson has never ever at any point been better than Manu.

Another thing people always seem to forget about Manu is how good he is defensively, he has been an elite defender the vast majority of his career.

When did I say he was better? I said his stats were better (which they are). I definitely think Manu is the better player, but the JJ hate on here is unreal

Oh, and I feel like JJ's career shooting percentages of .444 and .368 from 3 are "sniffing" Manu's .452 and .373

When did I say he was better? I said his stats were better (which they are). I definitely think Manu is the better player, but the JJ hate on here is unreal
Oh, and I feel like JJ's career shooting percentages of .444 and .368 from 3 are "sniffing" Manu's .452 and .373

1. Dude basic box score stats are tell like 1/10th of the story

2. Manu shot DOUBLE the amount of FT's so no JJ aint sniffing him.

The appraisal of JJ is completely justified, He barley deserved the first max deal, didn't deserve the second one and isn't as good as Manu or James Harden.

He is a good SG thats it.

Last edited:
is it worth noting that manu comes off the bench and it instantly becomes his offense? has the ball every possession and seems like he takes or creates every shot while he's in the game.

1. Dude basic box score stats are tell like 1/10th of the story

2. Manu shot DOUBLE the amount of FT's so no JJ aint sniffing him.

The appraisal of JJ is completely justified, He barley deserved the first max deal, didn't deserve the second one and isn't as good as Manu or James Harden.

Like I said, I NEVER said he was better lol, just that his stats were better (which they are), and shooting percentages are near even.

Son, your not factoring in the fact that JJ plays 8-10 minutes per game more than Manu. Per 36 minutes, Manu beat JJ in every category. Not saying either one is miles ahead of the other. But Manu is the better player at the end of the day.

Son, your not factoring in the fact that JJ plays 8-10 minutes per game more than Manu. Per 36 minutes, Manu beat JJ in every category. Not saying either one is miles ahead of the other. But Manu is the better player at the end of the day.

Son, I never said JJ was better than anyone lol

Must be a slow day......We have folks going tooth and nail over Joe Johnson and Manu. :smh:

Numbers don't tell the whole story. People fixate on stats way toooooooo much. Nick Young put up points on the Wizards, but he is a bum.

I tend to look at the intangibles a player brings to the game/team and what else they offer besides just ppg.

Must be a slow day......We have folks going tooth and nail over Joe Johnson and Manu. :smh:

Numbers don't tell the whole story. People fixate on stats way toooooooo much. Nick Young put up points on the Wizards, but he is a bum.

I tend to look at the intangibles a player brings to the game/team and what else they offer besides just ppg.

Definitely. I love Manu's activity and his ball handling skills. I think him and TP compliment each other and feed off each other so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom