Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only imagine what the Lakers' thread is like right now.

:lol:

man okc..... i know it was the pistons but harden looking like a superstar...

or maybe thats just the rockets announcers propaganda actually working :lol:

seriously, why didnt okc give harden what he wanted?

:lol: at zbo's fat, dirty, eddie winslow, donut eating, one inch vert, self trying to get under Blake's skin.

We still have memphis' number. Hope we match up against them in the playoffs again and send them home. Again.

Stalles was crazy tonight.

Harden :pimp: :wow:

Dwight :pimp:

Wow @ Harden. I didn't know dude had it in him. Straight up, I saw glimpses of a superstar tonight. The little things were there, moving without the ball/ floor spacing, disrupting the passing lanes. Gonna be a fun season.

I feel like Harden is one of those dudes that can put up 30+ then 12+ points the next game.. I want to see him play against a better team

you guys all need to calm down, it was one game.

not saying he wont play well but still. hes def a good player. not sure who was saying he wasnt.

:lol: A lot of people were saying that he wouldn't be a productive stater. Harden has the skill, and now that he's in a role where he's the number one guy, He'll be taking more shots and scoring a lot more points. I'm honestly more impressed by the assist numbers than the points. Everyone knows that he can score. Still want to see him play better defensive comp than Rodney Stuckey, though.

Last edited:
The only people who should be surprised at Harden's output last night are those who had no clue as to the work he was putting in while coming off the bench in OKC. Yall REALLY want to sit there and question why he got a max deal? Proof was in the pudding last night. Kid is only 23 and will get better. That's the scary thing. He can facilitate the offense and he's pretty much unstoppable in the open floor or when getting to the rim. I'm sure there are going to be folks out there discrediting his performance because it was only against the "Pistons" etc., but at some point, you have to give credit when it's due.

The only people who should be surprised at Harden's output last night are those who had no clue as to the work he was putting in while coming off the bench in OKC. Yall REALLY want to sit there and question why he got a max deal? Proof was in the pudding last night. Kid is only 23 and will get better. That's the scary thing. He can facilitate the offense and he's pretty much unstoppable in the open floor or when getting to the rim. I'm sure there are going to be folks out there discrediting his performance because it was only against the "Pistons" etc., but at some point, you have to give credit when it's due.

While I agree with you JJs07, there's something to be said about being the sole option on a talent poor team. The stat that I like of Harden's though was the 12 dimes & the shooting percentages (including the 3 pt). If Lin can stay healthy, that should be a nice back court. The thing I worry about is the Rockets won't be able to get a good player through the draft since they don't have picks & I can't see the Rockets winning a ton of games so the picks they gave up should be decent ones. The Rockets will have to rely on FAs & quite frankly who's going to really come to Houston? It's not the basketball mecca (even though they have great history).

Last edited:
Why are people still saying that OKC messed up as if they had a choice in the matter? They did all they could do in order to keep the guy and he just wasnt having it, the only thing you could really blame them for is extending Ibaka first which took up the amount of money they had for him. Hardens way better than Ibaka but it was based off a need. I'm not going to try and over react because of last nights game, it was a great game, but I still want to see how he gels with that team some more before I make a real judgement. Theres nothing but upside for him right now though I will say that much. Gonna get revenge on OKC tonight

Last edited:
While I agree with you JJs07, there's something to be said about being the sole option on a talent poor team. The stat that I like of Harden's though was the 12 dimes & the shooting percentages (including the 3 pt). If Lin can stay healthy, that should be a nice back court. The thing I worry about is the Rockets won't be able to get a good player through the draft since they don't have picks & I can't see the Rockets winning a ton of games so the picks they gave up should be decent ones. The Rockets will have to rely on FAs & quite frankly who's going to really come to Houston? It's not the basketball mecca (even though they have great history).

Houston is an attractive city. With a cornerstone in place...they shouldn't have trouble at all getting free agents to come there.

Lillard has great IQ and his potential seems to be high. I want to see him go against the Heat or Thunder, to see how he does against younger guards.

Houston is an attractive city. With a cornerstone in place...they shouldn't have trouble at all getting free agents to come there.

I agree about Houston & the fact that Texas has no income tax but that hasn't helped them get any FAs over the years. We all know how prima donna NBA players are so I just can't see them coming there over other cities/teams. I think they'd consider Dallas before Houston. The onus will be on Harden & Lin to play well & get that team winning while changing the environment of the team to attract FAs.

Lillard has great IQ and his potential seems to be high. I want to see him go against the Heat or Thunder, to see how he does against younger guards.
He's that dude, it'll be a good matchup between him and Russ but Russ we'll probably still win the individualbatttle. But he'll absolutely destroy Chalmers and Cole. And I'm glad harden did his thing, which should be no surprise especially if you've been watching him since ASU days. He's was ask to be the man since day one in college,whereas Westbrook had to wait behind affalo and Darren at UCLA where it was Love's team. I know okc got potential talent but that's all it really is as of right now but they shouldve found a way to pay harden first over ibaka cause ibaka probably would've just signed for less, even if he thought he deserved more. And as far as my boys go in the mile high we have to get Wilson back 100% and figure out our rotations cause we didn't look to great last night, but coach Karl should get everything in order when it comes down to the playoff race but good game Philly. Hawes was ODing last night :smh:

I agree about Houston & the fact that Texas has no income tax but that hasn't helped them get any FAs over the years. We all know how prima donna NBA players are so I just can't see them coming there over other cities/teams. I think they'd consider Dallas before Houston. The onus will be on Harden & Lin to play well & get that team winning while changing the environment of the team to attract FAs.

When's the last time they had money to spend? The T-Mac/Yao/World Peace era wasn't that long ago.

Long term, you can make a case for Houston POTENTIALLY having a brighter future than Dallas. On top of it all, Houston has money to spend. NBA is a business. Guys are looking out for themselves, so you may have a player get a big contract w/ the Rockets that we might have never thought to sign there. This Harden trade changes EVERYTHING for the Rockets.

When's the last time they had money to spend? The T-Mac/Yao/World Peace era wasn't that long ago.

Rockets have had decent salary cap space dating back to at least 2009. While they have aggressively sought big trades every year, none of the players they targeted have wanted to come there. Like I said before it will be up to Lin & Harden to try & win to change the perception players might have of that team/city to attract FAs. I love Houston, I was born there. Would love to see the Rockets do well (& change those effing unis)...

Long term, you can make a case for Houston POTENTIALLY having a brighter future than Dallas. On top of it all, Houston has money to spend. NBA is a business. Guys are looking out for themselves, so you may have a player get a big contract w/ the Rockets that we might have never thought to sign there. This Harden trade changes EVERYTHING for the Rockets.

We'll see. Hope so...Wouldn't exactly say Houston has brighter future than Dallas. Cuban will always try & build a competitive team. Jerry Jones should take some lessons from Cuban...

This season could totally backfire on the Lakers. ESPECIALLY if Dwight Howard doesn't re-up. He wouldn't do that...would he?

This team will only go so far with Mike Brown as their coach. I wonder if they will try to get Jerry Sloan out of retirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom