Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt very seriously Dwight Howard would leave money on the table to leave a major market and go play for the Mavs or the Hawks or some ****.

I think they can only overlook Brian Shaw so many times, especially when the players were endorsing him as the guy they wanted when the coach search originally started for them.

I'm pissed I didn't get to watch the Clipper/Grizz game, from Twitter it sounded hotly contested and the 2 teams do not really enjoy each other's company. :lol:

I'm pissed I didn't get to watch the Clipper/Grizz game, from Twitter it sounded hotly contested and the 2 teams do not really enjoy each other's company. :lol:

blake griffin vs zach randolph will happen before floyd vs manny :lol:

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet....

Kyrie Irving's Uncle Drew Pt II. Can you guess whose guest starring? Lulz....

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone's seen this yet....

Kyrie Irving's Uncle Drew Pt II. Can you guess whose guest starring? Lulz....

Paul George with 15 pts, 15 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 block.......................and 5 turnovers.

I keep saying it, and I wish Frank Vogel would listen. Paul George does not need to be playing a guard position. He is too lanky, and his handle isnt good enough to handle the ball against quicker defenders. He still has enough size and athleticism to score against any starting SF in this league, and is still a great rebounder, but cant really be featured on either side of the ball when he is getting the ball ripped from him on offense, and has to keep up with quicker players on defense. For example, in the playoffs last year, I would have much rather seen him defend Lebron than Wade, because Wade's quickness gave him fits.

I do like the lineup they played of Gerald Green at SG and George at SF. But I think Paul George needs to be facilitated for. He is not KD and he DEFINITELY isnt Lebron, but he can still be a star in the mold of Iggy or Rudy Gay, if he has a point guard who will get him the ball in the spots he can be most effective from.

Oh well, a win is still a good way to start the season

Roy Hibbert with another block party :smokin
George Hill with 7 assists (he needed to improve in that area last year, we'll see how it goes as the season continues) :smokin
25 points from David West? (I like it, and I dont expect to see that point output very often, but 2 rebounds from your power forward?)
Ian Mahimi with 1 point, 5 rebounds and 2 blocks in 19 minutes? I'm ok with the 1 point, but those 5 turnovers, really?
I need more from DJ Augustine. He needs to be the main facilitator for that second unit, especially since he is the best playmaker on the team right now

Where is Miles Plumlee? is he hurt?+

never mind he's in the D-League

Last edited:
I hope Dwight is a ways off from being 100%. He has no lift around the rim compared to what he usually is, not even close. Larry Johnson had back surgery at 25 and never got it back.

Defensively you can make the case he'll be worse off. He'll get bodied by small forwards as he's still thin and his length wouldn't be as effective either defending compared to guarding shooting guards.

I hope Dwight is a ways off from being 100%. He has no lift around the rim compared to what he usually is, not even close. Larry Johnson had back surgery at 25 and never got it back.

this seemed pretty evident with his first shot for the lakers being a missed dunk. he looked like he struggled jumping in traffic which is very unlike him. IMO, they should bench him and let him heal up and then bring him back later in the season. with kobe nash and pau healthy the lakers can still accidentally win 50 games. they just need to be healthy going into the playoffs. risking dwights health makes no sense right now

OKC probably should have moved Westbrook for a big man and a decent 2guard, and kept Harden. Or just trade Westbrook for a good big man and another PG and just started Harden at the 2. His IQ and intangibles makes him better than Westbrook, and for that reason I think OKC messed up.

OKC probably should have moved Westbrook for a big man and a decent 2guard, and kept Harden. Or just trade Westbrook for a good big man and another PG and just started Harden at the 2. His IQ and intangibles makes him better than Westbrook, and for that reason I think OKC messed up.

:stoneface:

The Westbrook disrespect on this board is ridiculous

Defensively you can make the case he'll be worse off. He'll get bodied by small forwards as he's still thin and his length wouldn't be as effective either defending compared to guarding shooting guards.

Yeah, I can see that too. Very good point. If he is going to be working against shooting guards, he NEEDS to develop a post up game. At 6'10, he would be bodying most SG's

this seemed pretty evident with his first shot for the lakers being a missed dunk. he looked like he struggled jumping in traffic which is very unlike him. IMO, they should bench him and let him heal up and then bring him back later in the season. with kobe nash and pau healthy the lakers can still accidentally win 50 games. they just need to be healthy going into the playoffs. risking dwights health makes no sense right now

Truth, a healthy Jordan Hill can definitely keep them afloat until Dwight comes back

Eddie Johnsons: TOP 50 PLAYERS LIST, numbers 50-26 (courtesy of Hoopshype)

50. Serge Ibaka, Oklahoma City
Will win Defensive Player of the Year one of these seasons because of the way he changes the game with his shot blocking abilities.

49. Luis Scola, Phoenix
Slow, but extremely nasty and productive with excellent footwork to negate athletic defenders.

48. Marcin Gortat, Phoenix
Has to prove Steve Nash was not the reason for his solid numbers offensively last year.

47. Greg Monroe, Detroit
Solid young player who plays efficiently and productive.

46. Al Horford, Atlanta
Injury has him down on this list. When healthy and performing like expected, he immediately moves up.

45. Paul Millsap, Utah
A pest in the paint that just plays hard for a victory every night.

44. Brook Lopez, Brooklyn
If he introduced himself to rebounding, he would become an All-Star quickly.

43. Ricky Rubio, Minnesota
Sees the basketball court with Magic Johnson-type flair. The ACL injury that grounded him should not be a hindrance when he returns because he never relied on tremendous athletic abilities like Derrick Rose in the first place.

42. Stephen Curry, Golden State
Best shooter in basketball when healthy... But is he ever healthy?

41. Al Jefferson, Utah
Puts up great fantasy numbers every night, but needs to transfer those to consistent wins.

40. Danny Granger, Indiana
Best scorer on the Pacers when he is taking good shots.

39. Tyson Chandler, New York
Best defender last year and deservedly so. He has tremendous leadership skills to boot.

38. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland
He is a quiet assassin on the basketball court with extreme ball handling ability. I expect nothing short of an All-Star berth this season.

37. James Harden, Houston
He is here because all the pressure was on Durant and Westbrook. Now in Houston we will see if Harden can perform when he is first on the opposition's chalk board.

36. Joakim Noah, Chicago
His energy level off the charts, but I'm disappointed he has not improved offensively.

35. Luol Deng, Chicago
Healthy wrist and more focus offensively with Derrick Rose out should have him in consideration for the All-Star game again.

34. Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia
George Karl will make him a star if he listens. From what I hear, he is ready to explode.

33. Josh Smith, Atlanta
Has sensational athletic skills that in my estimation make him one the best defensive players in basketball. His problem has been concentrating too much on offensive skills, which affects his all-around game in a negative fashion.

32. DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento
Talent is unquestioned, but attitude has been the problem. If he develops in that area... Watch out, NBA! He is a load of offensive and defensive abilities.

31. Roy Hibbert, Indiana
He looks like he might trip over himself with every offensive move, but he is effective and productive. Should have another big season and I expect him to move up on this list.

30. Manu Ginobili, San Antonio
He just drives opponents crazy with his shot making and passing ability. A rabid competitor who never backs down from anyone or situation.

29. Paul Pierce, Boston
A shark on the basketball court with his array of offensive moves. He has the best footwork of any small forward in the game of basketball. Big game heroics in the fourth quarter.

28. Rudy Gay, Memphis
Talented offensive player that needs to ramp up his aggressive spirit. He plays sometimes as if he is interested in remaining friends with opponents.

27. Amare Stoudemire, New York
Has fallen because of injury and not blending with Carmelo Anthony. He still has a great skillset with solid explosion offensively, but defensively has never been taught and that remains the biggest challenge for Mike Woodson.

26. Joe Johnson, Brooklyn
Hmmm. Playing with Deron Williams is going to allow Johnson to become a nightmare for teams, especially in the post. He just comes to play nightly with one of the best bodies in the league.

indifferent.gif

Well everyone thought Westbrook was such a prolific scorer, but Harden just put up 37 and 12assts when he was the man. Hes taller, shoots better. Plays smarter basketball. I don't understand whats not to like of Harden over Westbrook for OKC.

:stoneface:

Well everyone thought Westbrook was such a prolific scorer, but Harden just put up 37 and 12assts when he was the man. Hes taller, shoots better. Plays smarter basketball. I don't understand whats not to like of Harden over Westbrook for OKC.

Harden also wasn't splitting shots with the reigning NBA scoring leader. Westbrook isn't "the man", KD is. Not a knock on Harden, but Westbrook is still an incredibly good player

Joe Johnson has never in his life been better than Manu Ginobili. List fails.

not favoring either player...but JJ's career numbers are better than Manu's, and his stats were MUCH better than Manu's last year. They are also very different players

Well it has been said that Harden would be a better fit at PG than Russy. Even though it was one game, Harden proved his worth.

Lakers offense was much better, but defense has to step up. Dwight played excellent, but you can clearly see that he is not 100%. He barely gets lift when he tries to dunk the ball. Kobe played well, could of calmed down on the to's though. Pau needs to man up smh and Nash needs to find his game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom