Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

is it worth noting that manu comes off the bench and it instantly becomes his offense? has the ball every possession and seems like he takes or creates every shot while he's in the game.

Popovich centers his game plan on Manu off the bench so tha makes sense

Must be a slow day......We have folks going tooth and nail over Joe Johnson and Manu. :smh:

Numbers don't tell the whole story. People fixate on stats way toooooooo much. Nick Young put up points on the Wizards, but he is a bum.

I tend to look at the intangibles a player brings to the game/team and what else they offer besides just ppg.

Truth. I see this discussion on Twitter daily where people are so quick to toss up numbers and completely ignore the intangibles.

OAN, Taj got a decent deal from the Bulls.

Definitely. I love Manu's activity and his ball handling skills. I think him and TP compliment each other and feed off each other so much

There is so much involved with evaluating a player....it goes well beyond the stat sheet. Work ethic, leadership, demeanor, integrity, coachability, intensity level, desire to win, team player are all important characeristics. People tend to only focus on natural abilities/skillset, how many points one can score, vertical jump, etc.

I look at guys like Nick Collison. That's a guy I want on my team and a guy I don't look forward to playing against. Total energy/hustle, hardwork, sacrafices his body and skills to win, instantly changes the energy of a game when he comes in and makes a difference, fundamentally sound.

This Clippers-Grizzlies series will draw blood before the season end. God forbid we meet in the playoffs. :smh:

I hope to God we meet in the playoffs. Rudy with those loose lips and Zbo with that fake studio gangsta swag. Let's do this bruh!

Last edited:
Definitely. I love Manu's activity and his ball handling skills. I think him and TP compliment each other and feed off each other so much

There is so much involved with evaluating a player....it goes well beyond the stat sheet. Work ethic, leadership, demeanor, integrity, coachability, intensity level, desire to win, team player are all important characeristics. People tend to only focus on natural abilities/skillset, how many points one can score, vertical jump, etc.

I look at guys like Nick Collison. That's a guy I want on my team and a guy I don't look forward to playing against. Total energy/hustle, hardwork, sacrafices his body and skills to win, instantly changes the energy of a game when he comes in and makes a difference, fundamentally sound.

But on the other hand, guys can only do whats put in front of them. When called upon, JJ has been a relatively efficient, and a very effective scorer from almost any place on the floor. A decent rebounder, and a decent passer. And I would have to say he was well liked in ATL, which is what helped him earn huge contracts, despite not always putting up "max" numbers.

The same anti stats guys are the ones who said that Kevin Love is putting up empty stats on a bad team, but once again, you can only do what is asked of you. If a rebound comes your way and you catch it, or if you score 30 points in a game, that is actual stuff that has been done that cant be discounted.

And JesusShuttlesworth, Nick Collison is a great energy guy, good pnr guy ect...but I guarantee you would take a guy like Love or Howard or even Hickson or Jason Thompson over him because aside from all those intangibles, you also need those stats to win

But on the other hand, guys can only do whats put in front of them. When called upon, JJ has been a relatively efficient, and a very effective scorer from almost any place on the floor. A decent rebounder, and a decent passer. And I would have to say he was well liked in ATL, which is what helped him earn huge contracts, despite not always putting up "max" numbers.
The same anti stats guys are the ones who said that Kevin Love is putting up empty stats on a bad team, but once again, you can only do what is asked of you. If a rebound comes your way and you catch it, or if you score 30 points in a game, that is actual stuff that has been done that cant be discounted.
And JesusShuttlesworth, Nick Collison is a great energy guy, good pnr guy ect...but I guarantee you would take a guy like Love or Howard or even Hickson or Jason Thompson over him because aside from all those intangibles, you also need those stats to win

I definitely wasn't implying I would start a team with Nick Collison has my center piece. I just think people look at players with the best stats and numbers and try to throw them on a team together (New York Knicks). There is much more involved in building a quality team.

I am not anti-stats at all, I just think there are other factors that people ignore in determining the value of a player.

KG would have waited until someone held him back.. then he would have went crazy.

And Eric Gordon is a buster.

eric gordon is out there stealing money
+1

KG would have waited until someone held him back.. then he would have went crazy.

And Eric Gordon is a buster.

fam has been setting them up for the okie doke for a while & the actually fell for it :smh: :smh: :lol:

i guarantee if hes traded he instantly gets better

If Wade would have swung on Rondo, I think KG would have went crazy lol

nah see big j's response... he wouldnt have did ishhh

As bad as this Eric Gordon situation is...I put it on the Hornets.

Why on earth you would give a guy that contract and make him one of your building blocks when he said he doesn't want to be there? Makes no sense.

I blame the Eric Gordon situation all on the Hornets. He told them from the start not to match the offer sheet the Suns gave him. But at the same time Eric should be more professional about the situation.

I blame the Eric Gordon situation all on the Hornets. He told them from the start not to match the offer sheet the Suns gave him. But at the same time Eric should be more professional about the situation.
Couldnt he have just not signed an offer sheet and became an unrestricted FA next yr? He wouldve had to play one more yr here but would have his freedom. He has no leverage.

Im more surprised he wanted to play for the Suns more than the Hornets...their future looks way brighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom