Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing how bad the Eastern Conf is this yr with less than 10gms left its expected the heat players start getting rest, as for the spurs they sent the players home and was no where near the AllStar break
laugh.gif
"Eastern Conf sucks" myth is still going on 
mean.gif

its not a "myth" its a fact

I guess you could argue "sucks" is too strong of a word, but there is no question that, top-to-bottom, the East isn't nearly as good as the West. To illustrate, the 9th place team in the West is 2 games above .500. The 9th place team in the East is 13 games below .500.

its not a "myth" its a fact

I guess you could argue "sucks" is too strong of a word, but there is no question that, top-to-bottom, the East isn't nearly as good as the West. To illustrate, the 9th place team in the West is 2 games above .500. The 9th place team in the East is 13 games below .500.

The teams in the East also have to play the Miami Heat more times a year.

You dont think that Boston and Milwaukee are as good as Houston and Utah?

If you sit down and actually look at the teams, their are a couple really good (SAS, OKC in the west, NYK, Indy, Miami in the east), a few non elite, but still pretty good teams (LAC, GSW, Memphis in the west, Nets, Atlanta, Chicago in the east), and a couple mediocre squads (Utah, Houston in the west, Milwaukee, Boston in the east) in each conferences playoff picture

The teams in the East also have to play the Miami Heat more times a year.

You dont think that Boston and Milwaukee are as good as Houston and Utah?

If you sit down and actually look at the teams, their are a couple really good (SAS, OKC in the west, NYK, Indy, Miami in the east), a few non elite, but still pretty good teams (LAC, GSW, Memphis in the west, Nets, Atlanta, Chicago in the east), and a couple mediocre squads (Utah, Houston in the west, Milwaukee, Boston in the east) in each conferences playoff picture

I don't quite see it the same way. In the East, I think the drop off after Miami is pretty significant. Its not the same way in the West. I think the "second tier" teams in the West are better than those same teams in the East. Like, I think Memphis, Denver and even the Clippers are all better than the Nets, Hawks and Bulls.

Is the west really better because they have so many teams vying for a playoff spot? Or is the east just more even therefore making it harder to have a real good record because Everyone is pretty even?

I looked for the stats but couldnt find them. So im kinda just playing devils advocate. But what are the season records for East Teams Vs. West Teams when they play eachother. I would think thats the real way to determine how good the conferences are. Not how many teams you have fighting for a playoff spot.

Last edited:
If you're a basketball fan, honestly who cares that LeBron and Wade aren't playing? They wouldn't have played hard anyways, this game means nothing to them and the Heat. Forget the ally-oops and dunks on the fastbreak for once.

Look ahead. After the Heat and Knick game the Lakers and Dallas are going to be playing in the first playoff game of the season. Playoffs came early. Game is going to be intense. Dwight & D'antoni going to feel awkward as hell with Shaq and Phil in the house.

Eastern Conference 1-4 = Western Conference 1-4

Western Conference 5-15>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eastern Conference 5-15

OK I found all the records on basketball-reference and did the adding up. It looks like the East is 185-239 against the West this season. Making it only a 33% win% against the West. So While I dont think that says the East sucks. Thats mostly because the bottom of the East is terrible and whenever a West team plays them they beat up on the bottom feeders of the East no matter how far down they are in the west. But the West is definitely better top to bottom

Western Conference 5-15>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eastern Conference 5-15

Pretty much this

Last edited:

No team in the east besides miami can beat the top 4 west teams in a 7 game series

If you're a basketball fan, honestly who cares that LeBron and Wade aren't playing? They wouldn't have played hard anyways, this game means nothing to them and the Heat. Forget the ally-oops and dunks on the fastbreak for once.

Look ahead. After the Heat and Knick game the Lakers and Dallas are going to be playing in the first playoff game of the season. Playoffs came early. Game is going to be intense. Dwight & D'antoni going to feel awkward as hell with Shaq and Phil in the house.
Lol wut? As a basketball fan wouldn't u wanna see two hall of famers playing?

I also don't get why u heat fans r defending this the most. U wouldn't rather watch your best players?

Idk the heats schedule the rest of the way but I'm sure there was a better less controversial and honestly smarter way to go about this. Rest is essential especially after that streak but I know if I were the coach I would wanna be at full strength to test my team against two of the biggest threats from each conference right before the playoffs.
But no as usual they want the attention not the challenge.

Other than MIA, IND, and NYK, the East is full of pure mediocrity or worse. There are 6 teams in the West that are really solid at worst (OKC, SAS, LAC, DEN, MEM, HOU).

Not gonna say I'm not a little disappointed that Wade and Bron aren't playing, buut I am looking forward to the LA vs. DAL game.

No...the West is better, because _________ would've made the playoffs in the East. They wouldn't have done anything, but that doesn't matter.

No...the West is better, because _________ would've made the playoffs in the East. They wouldn't have done anything, but that doesn't matter.
I think the Kings could have made the playoffs in the east :nerd:no they wouldn't

Last edited by a moderator:
The league shouldn't have had all 4 Knicks/nets games in the beginning of the season. Huge mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom