Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like how heat and laker fans have such an intense rivalry yet the actual teams have no rivalry at all really.

It all started when everyone wanted a Heat-Laker series so everyone threw out "Man Kobe would wipe the floor with that choke artist" "It's Lebron's time, Kobe is old" and then Kobe saying "He has 5 of them thangs (rings)" but in actuality those teams don't care about each other. They see each other twice a year :lol:

Yea, Antidope definitely puts his cape on for DBD. He's just as big a homer as DBD but at least he makes an attempt at hiding it although we can all see through it.

I don't have any problems with anyone in this thread. I didn't know people actually used the ignore feature on here :lol:

Zyzz knows nothing about the NBA but it's still entertaining to hear his takes on the game.

i know nothing about the NBA?

da truth

fixed

Both Tony Parker and Rajon Rondo were drafted later than Mike Conley.

Wouldn't Jrue Holiday be a bigger 'overachiever' than him, as well?
i would go with parker or rondo..

jrue was highly recruited coming out of high school.. and he wouldnt be the first guy to underachieve while playing for ben howland

i like how heat and laker fans have such an intense rivalry yet the actual teams have no rivalry at all really.
Two completely different Legacy, I think the hate is more towards Kobe and what he's accomplished in the purple and gold
there is hate on both sides, but this "rivalry" is good for the nba. i just wish they would bring back the MVPuppets

For the record I think a Heat vs. Lakers finals would be epic and very very entertaining. The games we played this year were all pretty tight for the most part.

I wouldn't call Conley an overachiever. He's actually doing now what was expected out of him when he was first drafted. I didn't expect him to be a superstar coming out of college.

He's a gamer for the most part and he's becoming one of those PG's in the league that you would want to have the ball in his hands late in games. He's still learning in certain areas, but there are not many PG's I would rather have come playoff time over him. I don't give a damn what their individual stats say. I'm talking being a two way player that can run a team, make big shots, plays great defense and does not turn the ball over a lot.

My only issue with him at this point is finishing at the rim. He's literally improved in every area of his game outside of that since coming into the league. There's a good chance he makes one of the all nba defensive teams.

Last edited:
Surprised its only a Kobe overrated thread but the hate for Lebron is just as strong if not more after the Decision...

Surprised its only a Kobe overrated thread but the hate for Lebron is just as strong if not more after the Decision...
i always felt like the hate was strong back when he was on the cavs winning mvps but always coming up short and robbing us of that kobe lebron finals. i actually like him more on the heat than when he was on the cavs

I know right! Too bad NT never had a "Is Lebron's legacy tarnished" "Lebron: Forever Robin" "Lebron isn't clutch" "Lebron: The Disappointment" "The Decision was a mistake: Post 2011 Finals" thread. NT is slacking

That is quite funny and peculiar. Only thing I can think is that bryant fans are scared bron will get a few rings and be seen universally as a better player.

That's a good one. J. Holiday or M. Conley.. Hmm.

Interesting because they both have def overachieved. Kinda hard to pick but I couldn't stand drue's game at ucla idk why but I cldnt but I like his game now and mike is a stud on the floor now.

Reminds me of collision too. Didn't like his game at ucla n thought he would go over seas at best but he has become a cool lil pg.

Last edited:
I would say Conley was one of the few players that were in the "bust" category, then dug his way out of it a few years ago.

That is quite funny and peculiar. Only thing I can think is that bryant fans are scared bron will get a few rings and be seen universally as a better player.
Interesting because they both have def overachieved. Kinda hard to pick but I couldn't stand drue's game at ucla idk why but I cldnt but I like his game now and mike is a stud on the floor now.

Reminds me if collision too. Didn't like his game at ucla n thought he would go over seas at best but he has become a cool lil pg.

DC has potential.

I know right! Too bad NT never had a "Is Lebron's legacy tarnished" "Lebron: Forever Robin" "Lebron isn't clutch" "Lebron: The Disappointment" "The Decision was a mistake: Post 2011 Finals" thread. NT is slacking

i always felt like the hate was strong back when he was on the cavs winning mvps but always coming up short and robbing us of that kobe lebron finals. i actually like him more on the heat than when he was on the cavs

Yeah all those he was coming up short had me pissed honestly even tho he's my 2nd Fav ball player I was just like how are you so great and getting all these MVPs with the best record in the league and coming up short in the playoffs....Celtics Magic, I was heated always wanted Bron vs kobe finals :rolleyes

Last edited:
I would say Conley was one of the few players that were in the "bust" category, then dug his way out of it a few years ago.

I think that's what I was trying to say. It just seemed like people were labeling him before he played in the NBA.

Yeah all those he was coming up short had me pissed honestly even tho he's my 2nd Fav ball player I was just like how are you so great and getting all these MVPs with the best record in the league and coming up short in the playoffs....Celtics Magic, I was heated always wanted Bron vs kobe finals
eyes.gif
im not too mad about not getting a lebron kobe finals those years, in my opinion nothing is better than a lakers celtics finals. but i remember rooting hard for the magic in 09 just because bron hit the game winner in game 1 and i knew that if they won that series that shot would be jordan vs the cavs status due to ESPN. 

Mike Conley. The biggest overachiever ever? This dude was just Greg Oden's boy back in the day. Now he's a legit starting PG, and although not a Top-5 position talent, I don't think anyone expected it from him.
"Oden's boy"? Nahh.. Conley was the #1 PG prospect at the time.

This was probably posted, but.. Magic Johnson's son :rofl: :rofl:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...-son-e-j-gay-parents-love-155040567--nba.html

Dude is extra Fabulouthhh :lol:

Guess I was right, don't see how I was making fun of it :smh:

Yeah all those he was coming up short had me pissed honestly even tho he's my 2nd Fav ball player I was just like how are you so great and getting all these MVPs with the best record in the league and coming up short in the playoffs....Celtics Magic, I was heated always wanted Bron vs kobe finals :rolleyes
im not too mad about not getting a lebron kobe finals those years, in my opinion nothing is better than a lakers celtics finals. but i remember rooting hard for the magic in 09 just because bron hit the game winner in game 1 and i knew that if they won that series that shot would be jordan vs the cavs status due to ESPN. 

Yeah I agree with and then Kobe is on the decline now I wouldn't want to see that matchup now but if next yr for some reason we land some pieces including Iggy might wanna revisit that :smokin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom