Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Durant tho? Dude was dazedly wandering around the court all month. :lol:

What Kobe did for the Lakers in March, thought he would have gotten it. Those game winners and 4th quarter comebacks, if they didn't happen. Lakers wouldn't even be sniffing the playoffs :lol:

J.R. Smith named Eastern Conference Player of the Week with averages of 29.8 pts, 7 rebs and 1.5 stls.
smokin.gif

Stop it, this is nowhere near close. This needs to end. I dont really want to turn this into a Patriots bashing fest because that isnt fair to them, but the what the Spurs have been doing recently isnt anywhere comparable to what the Patriots have been doing. The fact that they both used to win but dont anymore isnt enough to make this comparison. The Spurs havent had anything that can be considered a true choke job outside of the Memphis series, whereas every year when the season starts the Patriots are the odds on favorite to win and yet they never do and lose to subpar teams.

The Spurs arent popular/marketable? Its no longer 2005 man, they didnt get into the top 10 most profitbale teams by not being popular and filling seats. They play an exciting brand of basketball that anyone can get into. I'm not having any luck fidning viewership stats by team but I doubt we're last, a team like the Bobcats or the Pistons is last, not a team that is competiting for the ship year after year.

I'm from South Orange NJ,  I didnt hear about him till he transferred to St. Pats but after seeing him and hearing he was going to Duke I became a fan. Theyre kinda overblowing how nice it was out there, but thats how averages work I guess cause there are
never said they werent a profitable team...what i said in terms of interest viewership the spurs never were a popular team...even in david robinson hayday. And how isnt what both teams been doing comparable... they both have exceptional coaching...anchored by a sure ballot hof... thats considered in many eyes the best player at the position they play of their era. Both have several consecutive years of good/great teams. Both are regarded as a top team/team to beat at the beginning of the season. Both are judge graded on what once was. Both have despite being top seeded teams and seen as heavily favorite, came up short and didnt win.

And iuno where you heard that..but vegas odds hasnt had the pats heavily favorite in YEARS... really the last time was that season with randy moss. True they are listed as one of the top teams in their respective conference etc.... and every year seen as one of the teams to beat... But are you really saying this hasnt been said about the spurs, since iuno forever? You mentioned about choke jobs etc...ok your being technical..and right to an extent.

But regardless of how it happen my point was that both teams are centered around a long tenure great coach, a aging hof who is seen as one of the best of his era, that are seen as potential threats to win it all based off of chips they won many many years ago...but at the end of the day end up being nothing more then a great regular season team with alot of wins.

Just like the pats...name me iuno year in the last 10-15 years in which you mentioned top western conference teams and chance to win it all spurs werent in the conversation? You act like folks year in and year out dont say well one of the teams to beat in the west is the spurs. They been saying that, hell before duncan.

Last edited:
J.R. Smith named Eastern Conference Player of the Week with averages of 29.8 pts, 7 rebs and 1.5 stls.

Player of the Week...that's so righttttttttttttttttttttttt

Can't get enough of this video...

I came across this earlier today.. a Wilt Chamberlain mix from his playing days

I used to be one of the "he was playing against 6'6 white guys, overrated" crowd, but nahhh... nah.

Dude would easily be the best C in the league right now by FAAR, no discussion.

I used to be one of the "he was playing against 6'6 white guys, overrated" crowd, but nahhh... nah.

I am of the opinion that Wilt Chamberlin is the greatest athlete the human race ever produced.

lol not saying much seeing aint no centers in the l right now... and his only comp would be dwight and lopez...

I agree, he was so athletic for his size man

Is JR officially a lock for 6th man, or its a toss up between Jamal Crawford and JR still?

^^^^ Yeah, Wilt was no joke. From what I've heard and read, he was great at every sport he ever tried. That's the mark of a great athlete.

Side note, one of the clips of him playing volleyball in that video was at my high school. Looked almost exactly the same when Wilt was there as when I went there probably 25 years later. LOL.

Hope he's a lock...my boy who is a LAC fan and I bet on who would win. I took JR and he took JC. If I win he has to buy and rock a Kobe jersey every time we play, I would have to wear a Deron Williams jersey.

Yep Wilt was awesome. He should be at least top 3 on everybody list but sadly hes discounted because he was so unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom