Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dnt see whats so surprising about that
cause the spurs and timmy duncan are the new england patriots and tom brady of the nba....they come with a good/winning team...have a perennial hof, built around young up and comers, who ppl feel have a legit chance to win it all based on their dominance/chips from ages ago. But as years shown usually put up a great season, only to fall short.

pop=belichik in terms of tenure and respect, duncan=brady....so forth and so on.

Both the Spurs and Pats, and the players and coaches that you are comparing have several championships.

So I guess its not such a bad thing. And you actually have to be good to dominate in the regular season

In no particular order, mine are:

Eric Bledsoe
George Hill
Mike Conley
Chris Paul
Avery Bradley or Rondo (depending if you think Bradley is a true PG)

Mike Conley is to defensive PGs what Clinton Portis is to blocking RBs.

If you say so bro :wink:

There is a reason why Conley and Gasol are the two most important players on a team that has the 5th best record in the league. Maybe its because they are really good two way players? Plus, I got the numbers to back it up with both players.

Last edited:
Both the Spurs and Pats, and the players and coaches that you are comparing have several championships.

So I guess its not such a bad thing. And you actually have to be good to dominate in the regular season
very true...but ppl have such high regards and high hopes for them based on what they ONCE were, and not what they actually are. Its like ppl say pats/spurs have a pretty good team plus they won x amount of chips therefore they have a legit shot because of it...i would agree if the chips were recent or many of those same players were on that team. Its like ppl view a current team and iuno use nostagic thoughts of teams past to support why the current team can/will win.

Not ishing on either team (pats are one of my favs) but just like them/spurs...i really dont see them nothing more then a team built for great seasons. I dont see anything about the spurs that scream out CHIP. I wouldnt be shocked if they played a team like the rockets first round and lost, and i wouldnt be shocked if they won the westerm conference finals.

if the Heat implements this for Ray Allen. GAME OVER
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
pfff, screw Jesus when you got Bosh      
devil.gif

As far as top 5 defensive pgs (in no order):

Conley

Paul

Rondo (before he got injured)

Russy 

Avery Bradley

i exaggerated with 4.   i forgot how good rondo can be on defense.  russ isnt very technically sound on defense his athleticism masks a lot of his mistakes.  conley i dont watch enough to fairly judge and i really dont wanna have the same discussion about chris pauls defense.  im just gonna say hes not the best defensive pg on his own team and leave it at that.

You guys are right with Paul. I would probably take Russy over him now that I think about it. But, Russy could be much better with his type of athleticism and size. He has to get mad at a player for making him look bad before he gets fully engaged at times.

Last edited:
i exaggerated with 4.   i forgot how good rondo can be on defense.  russ isnt very technically sound on defense his athleticism masks a lot of his mistakes.  conley i dont watch enough to fairly judge and i really dont wanna have the same discussion about chris pauls defense.  im just gonna say hes not the best defensive pg on his own team and leave it at that.

man, I totally forgot about Bledsoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom