Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is "Bosh is underrated" the new, "people forget Scottie was great too"?

I'm not saying level talent, but everyone who says it acts like they're dropping supreme knowledge.

Bosh was the proverbial punching bag for pretty much everyone, NT included when he first came to Miami.

It wasn't the Big Three it was Two and Half Men, it was Bosh spice etc. etc.

Bosh showed how important he was to the Heat when he went down in the Pacers series last and the Pacers had them on the ropes. The Heat don't get past Boston if he didn't come back late in that series and they definitely don't beat the Thunder in the Finals.

Yeah, I just figured everyone settled it on the championship run that Bosh and Wade, though they serve different purposes, are basically on the same level in this offense with one of them (Wade) being more easily missed than the other.

Iono. That's not a lesson I thought people would forget.
But every time they mention it, on here or in the real world, dudes act like they're telling people The Secret. :lol:

I get that it's easy to make fun of him, but yeah...he's pretty great at basketball.

Last edited:
Have you guys seen this double screen move before? It is both hilarious and genius.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/quRwCAkaweM
if the Heat implements this for Ray Allen. GAME OVER :lol: :pimp: :nerd:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :wow: :nerd: :lol:

I'm really starting to change my mind on the whole, "Call a timeout to set up your last play."

It's worked twice in a row for two teams that were outmanned.

Yesterday, Jimmy Butler misses two free throws, the Mavs scramble back up court, put the pressure on Chicago's D to act quickly, not let them get set-up, and Dirk gets a wide open three.

Tonight, Duncan misses his shot, and the Heat run it down their throat, they panic, and Ray Allen had TWO great looks for either Bosh or Haslem there. Haslem was rolling to the basket and would've had an easy lay-in. Bosh instead hit the shot, but either way, I think it's a fantastic way to end a game. It's much easier to get a free shot when both teams are panicking out there, but the offense has the advantage.

If there's under 15 seconds left, take that ball and shove it down their throat. Make the defense react to you instead of having them set up what they want.

i dnt see whats so surprising about that
cause the spurs and timmy duncan are the new england patriots and tom brady of the nba....they come with a good/winning team...have a perennial hof, built around young up and comers, who ppl feel have a legit chance to win it all based on their dominance/chips from ages ago. But as years shown usually put up a great season, only to fall short.

pop=belichik in terms of tenure and respect, duncan=brady....so forth and so on.

Last edited:
I wonder if this game effects the MVP race?

I would have to think so.

Tony Parker could have vaulted himself into the 3rd spot behind Bron and KD and in front of CP had they pulled it out.

But since they didn't he probably locked himself into 4th place.

Going back to last nite with the spurs and heat, I think it is very messed up that Pop and the guy that was interviewing him, Spo, and LeBron and Wade walking in the arena all can make fun of this situation by sitting out last nite. Makes you really think they don't care about the fans who the league is geared towards, and the people who have spent their hard earned money on tickets that were probably at a premium compared to other games during the season. But I guess taking care of the fan is Stern's concern and I will be interested to see what happens with this. Granted from the highlights it was good game but not what people were paying to see (without stars). Just seems like I'll get you back for what you did earlier to us in the season and nevermind the people who are paying our salaries, just screw them...

Going back to last nite with the spurs and heat, I think it is very messed up that Pop and the guy that was interviewing him, Spo, and LeBron and Wade walking in the arena all can make fun of this situation by sitting out last nite. Makes you really think they don't care about the fans who the league is geared towards, and the people who have spent their hard earned money on tickets that were probably at a premium compared to other games during the season. But I guess taking care of the fan is Stern's concern and I will be interested to see what happens with this. Granted from the highlights it was good game but not what people were paying to see (without stars). Just seems like I'll get you back for what you did earlier to us in the season and nevermind the people who are paying our salaries, just screw them...
id agree if the spurs werent the least popular/marketable etc...team in the league. They have been this way for decades, and i serious doubt a single game would have changed that. The spurs are i think still last in viewership. So i doubt it affected the nielson ratings. To be honest them not playing really didnt affect anything outside of the fans who actually bought tickets in advance, with the understanding that the big three would be in attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom