Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am of the opinion that Wilt Chamberlin is the greatest athlete the human race ever produced.
bo jackson
Honestly I would agree with his assertion. Bo was great, but physically we can compare a guy like Adrian Peterson to him.

We've never seen anyone like Wilt, at least not in recorded human history that I'm aware of. A long 7-footer with that kind of athleticism, strength, speed.. just unheard of really.

I've never seen a player have so much up's and down's throught a season like JR, actually his whole career. I'm fully anticipating that as high as JR is right now (never has he been better), rock bottom (and I mean the Mariana Trench deep) is a finger-snap away.

I'm a Knicks fan cringing, rolled up in the corner in the fetal position, at the very thought of it. It's like the basketball gods have chosen to balance JR Smith's ability in the most extremly contrasting time frames.

Or maybe Earl just Earl's.

Last edited:
Isn't the narrative going that wilt was a huge underachiever?
From what I understand Russell beat Wilt every year. Every. Year. Russell came into the league only a couple years before him. Wilt would dominate the regular season, get all the stats, all the superhuman hype, all the awards. Then Russell's team would bounce them from the playoffs whenever he managed to run into him, be it the Finals, East Finals, 1st round, whether they had homecourt, best record in the L or whatever. Always the same story in that 12 team (?) league.

Then like after 6 or 7 or 8 times in a row later, Wilt finally caught the Celtics slipping, slid through and got a ring. Then he joined the Lakers superteam, thinking it's a new world order. Nope, same soup reheated, the "we'll just see you in the Finals" edition. Finally Russell just retired, so now it's Wilt's time right? Nope, Knicks gave him that treatment. The Willis Reed game. Then all of the sudden a young man named Lew Alcindor did it to him. Finally that Jerry West 33 straight team happened and he got a 2nd ring right before he retired.

Wilt, even with that later ring, has basically been given the "LeBron, 5 minutes after the Heat got Dirked" consideration to this day. "He was great, but he wasn't a winner."

Last edited:
Didn't wilt lose to the Knicks too? With Jerry west? Ah I see mr o posted

West being named mr clutch would never happen in the Internet age. That one is surprising lookin back

Last edited:
I am of the opinion that Wilt Chamberlin is the greatest athlete the human race ever produced.
bo jackson
Honestly I would agree with his assertion. Bo was great, but physically we can compare a guy like Adrian Peterson to him.

We've never seen anyone like Wilt, at least not in recorded human history that I'm aware of. A long 7-footer with that kind of athleticism, strength, speed.. just unheard of really.

You can't just compare Peterson to Bo, AP never played another sport as well as Bo did baseball.

And honestly, AP may have never played football as well as Bo either. Fact is we never got Bo for a full season of NFL football. Had we, there might be even more amazing stories told on Bo's behalf.

Bo is not like anyone else. Wilt may be what Osh says, but Bo is in that mix, FIRMLY.

bo jackson

Bro, Bo ran a 4.12 at the combine

I don't know what AD ran, but I know its not a 4.12

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 2h
Spurs announce that Manu Ginobili is expected to miss three-to-four weeks with a strained right hamstring.

Welp

Did doo doo get banned?

Francisco Garcia gets the start tonight :pimp:

#GetIt4Garcia :pimp: :pimp:
Predictions on his statline??

Hmmmmm....three 3s, a block, a steal, and an assist

^^ I do. He probably had loads of all-female group sex :nerd:

Predictions on his statline??

He went nuts on the Clippers the other night. SMH. But I don't know if says more about him or the Clippers. We have kind of a history of letting bums go off against us.

the Clippers :x

we desperately need this win tonight but I don't think Indy will let that be an easy task :lol:

Last edited:
Does anyone believe the Wilt Chamberlain 20k women story?

I honestly don't bruh.

Between all the games, traveling, practices, media-appearences - NO WAY IN HELL he had enough time to smash 20,000 women.

Think about it.....20,000 women.....and I haven't heard or seen one of those ladies come and vouch for his 20k milestone.

That's me though.

Does anyone believe the Wilt Chamberlain 20k women story?

I honestly don't bruh.

Between all the games, traveling, practices, media-appearences - NO WAY IN HELL he had enough time to smash 20,000 women.

Think about it.....20,000 women.....and I haven't heard or seen one of those ladies come and vouch for his 20k milestone.

That's me though.

Honestly, 10k isn't far fetched if your a superstar in Cali and then traveling everywhere the Hotel life, Celebrity and he's Wilt pretty much a different girl everyday a couple hrs then on to the next one not sure about 20k, these athletes get buns for sure :smokin

Lol 20k thats an arena full of chicks

I say 5-800 tops through his lifetime

20k MIGHT be a stretch, but if thats what documented I believe it.

5-800 tops?? Hell no.. I know regular *** _ under the age of 30 who have slept with 200+ easily.

He could've easily slept with at least 2 chicks per game night, I'm not gonna sit here and do the math but I know a professional athletes numbers are ridiculous :lol:

And he aint catch any STD's!?? No pregnancy problems?!?!

HELL NO :lol: I don't believe it.

..and :lol: @ "and he was ugly too" .

Last edited:
And he aint catch any STD's!?? No pregnancy problems?!?!

HELL NO :lol: I don't believe it.

..and :lol: @ "and he was ugly too" .
Maybe he was Magic..... before Magic :nerd: :nerd: :wow:

actually maybe thats why died too :lol: and the heart failure stuff was just a cover :nerd:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom