Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait so i have to deal with watching dwight get hacked and wrapped up numerous times every game but when it happens to lebron its a huge problem that the NBA should look into fixing?

I have no problem with the way the Bulls played LeBron with those fouls... Kirk is a pg back peddling against LeBron on a fastbreak, so let's be honest, there isn't much 's going to do to stop him. I have no issue with a PG wrapping up LeBron & making him earn his FT's at the line instead of letting him get to the basket at ease. The Gibson play looked rough because of how it was close to his head, but he was still making a play on the ball. Sometimes teams are gonna have to foul LeBron in order to not let him take over the game like that & as long as they aren't malicious & are basketball plays, then I have no issues with that.

Tough loss for the Nuggets with that Lawson injury... He's a big part of their success & they're gonna need him in order to continue making noise come playoffs.

Last edited:
Ok first off I have no problem with a player wrapping up another. I'm just saying if pulling him with him to the ground was excessive. That play to me is a playoff foul and a regular season flagrant. I still don't see how you can say lebron is wrong though. He has been getting fouled harder than other players all year.

1- He's wrong because he s gotten an insane amount of preferential treatment since he walked in the league. If you graze him, a foul will probably be called

2- he initiates most contact. Just like wade. And yet still the defender usually gets called for a a foul

3- they were all called fouls, so I don't see the issue to begin with. Now if a foul wasn't called okay that makes more sense to be mad about.

4- and most importantly. He chose a very specific moment to start complaining didn't he? If its been happening for soooo long and it's been so upsetting... Why did he happen to bring it up specifically after his first loss in 27 games?

Sour grapes more than anything else

Last edited:
Are we still talking about flagrants man the league is so SOFTTTTTTTT I wished most of y'all saw the games being played in the 80s and most part of the 90s it was really entertaining especially in the playoffs damn I miss it :smh:

Big difference from a big man standing still and you wrapping up and a a guard/forward running a full sprint and you just tackling him.clearly says in rule book if there's a strong potential chance in injury.
I put 20 bucks if some guy did that to you you wouldn't be calling it a basketball play.
dam it just gets worse with every post lol.  the whole point of wrapping ppl up is to prevent injury.  as far as i know hinrich can do it all but tackle people while backpedaling?  thats pretty impressive.  also i wouldnt have to worry about that i got less predictable moves on fast breaks and contacts part of the game.

forget the early 80s you dont even have to go that far back for the type of fouls we saw in Chicago.

That 1999 Miami/New York series was physical, tough, and had a flow to the game. It wasn't a whistle every 7 seconds.

They show the 1999 Knicks run to the finals on MSG every once in a while. So it's fresh in my head. It's not nostalgia. even In 1999 it was still not anywhere near as soft as what we see

[QUOTE url="/t/507195/official-nba-2012-2013-season-thread/47550#post_17554793"]
Big difference from a big man standing still and you wrapping up and a a guard/forward running a full sprint and you just tackling him.clearly says in rule book if there's a strong potential chance in injury.

I put 20 bucks if some guy did that to you you wouldn't be calling it a basketball play.
dam it just gets worse with every post lol.  the whole point of wrapping ppl up is to prevent injury.  as far as i know hinrich can do it all but tackle people while backpedaling?  thats pretty impressive.  also i wouldnt have to worry about that i got less predictable moves on fast breaks and contacts part of the game.
[/quote] A tackled prevents injury. Riiiight.

I'm astonished at this point. Wrapping someone up isn't a basketball play? Since when? I saw a Memphis player get wrapped up by a knick a few days ago. He got free throws. And that was that.

Just come out and say you want players to allow lebron a free pass to the hoop. Why even bother contesting the king? You peasants shouldn't be allowed to get in his way
i'm saying man. it's absurd

wrapping a dude up (to prevent him from scoring) = basketball play

running out onto the court with a spatula and a wok (to prevent someone from scoring) = not a basketball play

lebron =  ({¡})

I know you guys aren't really still crying two days later about Kirk Hinrich's little *** wrapping LeBron up with two arms....

I'm not even a Lakers fan but every time I see them play guys are literally beating the **** out of Dwight and grabbing and hitting him directly in his messed up shoulder just about every time he goes up for a dunk.

Homie those weren't flagrant fouls.

I actually agree with Stephen A on this. The league is make the game soft. Bron is not used to getting roughed up a lil. Because the refs calls fouls every time he's in the lane. :smh:

Blame stern.

Because if Bron is crying about what Kirk Hinrich did to him. He probably would have been in tears after playing Barkley or Rodman or somebody like them. :smh: he needs to shut up and focus on winning his second title.
QFT

Look I'm not bashing Bron hes my 2nd Fav ball player but as big as he is he should expect that as far as flagrants they not even, the thing that its worse now everyone in the league is looking like ok I can flagrant Bron now and get him frustrated or get in his head as a sign of weakness you think that bulls game was something wait till the PLAYOFFS, folks gonna be hackingggg the hunger for the chip is at an all time high 8)

Look I'm not bashing Bron hes my 2nd Fav ball player but as big as he is he should expect that as far as flagrants they not even, the thing that its worse now everyone in the league is looking like ok I can flagrant Bron now and get him frustrated or get in his head as a sign of weakness you think that bulls game was something wait till the PLAYOFFS, folks gonna be hackingggg the hunger for the chip is at an all time high 8)

i didnt see any hard fouls against Lebron in that bulls game.

he complained about the Kirk Hinrich move? are you serious? he wrapped him up and of course with a 275lb freak of nature your gonna fall down.

tell him to shut up

I think I remember hearing some Warrior fans even saying they really liked what they saw from Jeremy Tyler in his minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom