Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, Javale can barely beat out Kosta Koufus for playing time. DeAndre is only really benched because of his lack of free throw shooting. Javale looks awesome when he's playing well but he can be absolutely terrible on defense/offense if he's not focused. There's a reason he doesn't get 30 mpg EVER. It's not just George K trolling

dude would get exposed even more in a big market like LA or NY. The media would eat him up. Dude really thinks he is that good. :smh: Under Armour ain't even pushing him any more as their face of the bball division.

That's an unfair statement. We've discussed this in the UA thread. But Ua has stopped pushing anyone within their bball division. They're marketing strategy is terrible right now. So you can't hold that against him.

not really when he was the only one at UA's bball division to have a sig. He was supposed to bring UA's bball division to relevance as being the next great PG in the L. I remember watching UA commercials with him, seeing the print ads announcing his shoes, the youtube vid diaries, etc. and then nothing. So if you say UA's marketing was terrible and the sole cause, then SOME of the blame is also on Jennings because if he is a truly great player like he says he is and played like it, he would have created some real noise with UA and his sig shoes. So basically a cause and effect situation. UA would have still pushed him if he actually became that next great pg.

All I hear about Jennings these days is negative aspects about him as a player and teammate.

UA just put their eggs in the wrong baskets of potential I mean, Jennings (that was a 50/50 shot and their best shot at making noise), Derrick Williams (lost cause and no longer part of UA), D Jordan (not marketable), Kemba (still work in progress, close to not marketable), Vasquez (not marketable and probably only signed because he's a Terp), Felton (not marketable)

UA just needs to choose better next draft and hope they find their own Derrick Rose like adidas.

I mean, Javale can barely beat out Kosta Koufus for playing time. DeAndre is only really benched because of his lack of free throw shooting. Javale looks awesome when he's playing well but he can be absolutely terrible on defense/offense if he's not focused. There's a reason he doesn't get 30 mpg EVER. It's not just George K trolling

Not trolling. But it IS his way to try and keep Javale in check. In Washington he ran free because he knew he was the starter and he wasnt gonna get pulled ever. He could make as many bonehead plays he wanted and he knew he was still gonna get 30 mins minimum. Karl has him come off the bench so it gives him the mentality that he has to play good to get minutes and if he doesnt Karl will just sit him. The guy still makes bonehead plays but they have been severely cut down since going to the Nuggets.

He did the same thing with JR. But he stunted JRs growth because he didnt give him any rope. If JR chewed his gum in a way Karl didnt like he would sit him down.

It doesnt work well with everyone, but it seems to have been good for Javale to have a little more discipline around him.

Last edited:
Javale isn't a huge liability on offense when he's out there, and for as great of an athlete as DeAndre is, Javalae is just as good, and he can actually guard his man instead of DeAndre mostly being a good help defender.

Yeah, as a Clippers fan, one of the things that I get most frustrated about with DJ is his on ball defense. He'll look decent every once in a while, but more often than not he gets torched by any big he guards who has a solid offensive game. I'm sure Duncan is going to work him over pretty good tonight.

Everyone in the Timberwolves' locker room Wednesday night believed Kobe Bryant  got away with a foul that allowed the Los Angeles Lakers  to hold on to a much-needed victory in Minnesota.

On Thursday, the NBA agreed: The league informed the Timberwolves that the referee crew should have called Bryant for a foul on a potential game-tying 3-pointer at the buzzer.

"Video review by the league office confirmed that Kobe Bryant fouled [Ricky] Rubio  while Rubio was in his shooting motion," the league said on its website. "Rubio should have been awarded three free throws."
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...ul-call-kobe-bryant-vs-minnesota-timberwolves

Thanks?
I seriously hate when they do this. Why do this when you can do nothing to fix it? 

Hey thanks for telling you screwed up a game deciding basketball play? Oh and youre not going to do anything about it? Well then umm thanks??

They would be better off just not saying anything when these kinds of things happen.

how about jazz signing jennings? Jazz are desperate for a PG. Let millsap & big al leave.

a lineup of Jennings, Burks, Hayward, Favors, Kanter is decent.

I like this lineup talent wise....but there is no veteran leadership on this squad

Name one superstar who wouldn't after getting fouled like that
But he really didn't get fouled hard, that's the point. But my mindset is different, I've never called a foul in pickup ball, I was always taught to play through it regardless cause you cant rely on the refs,so I think most fouls are soft especially in the league.

But he really didn't get fouled hard, that's the point. But my mindset is different, I've never called a foul in pickup ball, I was always taught to play through it regardless cause you cant rely on the refs,so I think most fouls are soft especially in the league.

I hope you know playing with grown NBA players vs random people taking fouls is completely different.

I hope you know playing with grown NBA players vs random people taking fouls is completely different.
ahaha this... it seems like a "soft" hit, but in reality it really isnt 
laugh.gif
 I bet I'd fall if Kevin Martin hit me with his flops...

Homie those weren't flagrant fouls.

I actually agree with Stephen A on this. The league is make the game soft. Bron is not used to getting roughed up a lil. Because the refs calls fouls every time he's in the lane. :smh:

Blame stern.

Because if Bron is crying about what Kirk Hinrich did to him. He probably would have been in tears after playing Barkley or Rodman or somebody like them. :smh: he needs to shut up and focus on winning his second title.

Name one superstar who wouldn't after getting fouled like that

Oh please. The only reason he opened his mouth was because HE LOST

if the heat came back. And lebron scores the last few points to close a victory. DOES HE COMPLAIN?

Nah. He would be dapping up all the bulls players and photo bombing an interview.

He lost. Decided to cry about his supposed poor treatment. Cuz he's a ****. A very talented ****. But a ****

I don't think he's complaining about the officiating, i think it's more so complaining that players are fouling him too hard with non-basketball plays. He apparently thinks it's fine, however to lower his shoulder and bulldoze his way into another player. Yep. Seems legit.

RT @denvernuggets: #Nuggets PG @TyLawson3 has plantar fascia tear in right heel. No surgery required (BACK TO INJURY REALITY. BRUTAL SEASON)

Wow. That's a big loss for the Nuggets. Lawson is kind of the x-factor for them, IMO. When he's playing really well, that's when the Nuggets are at their best.

RT @denvernuggets: #Nuggets PG @TyLawson3 has plantar fascia tear in right heel. No surgery required (BACK TO INJURY REALITY. BRUTAL SEASON)

Wow. That's a big loss for the Nuggets. Lawson is kind of the x-factor for them, IMO. When he's playing really well, that's when the Nuggets are at their best.
yeah he is their best scorer, big loss, but then got the best back-up PG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom