Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ryan Anderson went to the Heat, this would be the 5 worst defenders on the team (In order of terribleness):

1. Ryan Anderson
2. Pat Riley
3. Eric Spolestra
4. Bob McAdoo
5. Keith Askins

:rofl:

Thank you Dre

Thats what dudes dont understand.

Defense is half the game!

Guys that dont understand this, you're the guys I hate playing pick up with :lol:

Chris Bosh is a defensive stalwart or something now? Dude is serviceable at best (still a great player though)

Ryan Anderson isn't that bad of a defender. He's a passable team defender. If he can play for Stan Van Gundy in Orlando, then he can play for Erik Spoelstra in Miami. Similiar system defensivly.

With that being said, could the Heat get away with masquerading him as Center like they do currently with Bosh? No.

Last edited:
SO you mean to tell me that The owner of the heat is okay with losing Triple that amount of money a year... Are you ******g kidding me. These guys aren't billionaires because they knowingly take losses on investments....

Yes, thats exactly what I'm saying.

Guess you just don't know who Micky Arison is I guess. You still have time to catch up tho, google can help you.

doesnt david lee lead the league in the most points per possession at the rim or something?

and with the exception of kg, none of those other guys could play the center spot

Ryan Anderson isn't that bad of a defender. He's a passable team defender. If he can play for Stan Van Gundy in Orlando, than he can play for Erik Spoelstra in Miami. Similiar system defensivly.

With that being said, could the Heat get away with masquerading him as Center like they do currently with Bosh? No.

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to in this system with these players....

1 ) Most teams nowadays when playing the heat go to a small lineup to try and match the heat.
2) It's not like any of the contenders have a big center who's going to go inside and try and bully him
3) People don't really get to the basket against the heat because they don't wanna challenge CB, It's bcuz their perimeter defense and rotations is that good.
4) He is a pretty good rebounder himself

I could Absolutely see him playing center for MIA not to mention he shoots nearly 40% from three which spreads the floor out even more than bosh.

If Dallas wins tonight, then people will really take them serious as a threat to make the playoffs.

They have to win the next three. It's really unlikely, but we have to have these games. We still play you guys, the Nuggets twice, and the Grizzlies within the next twelve games, so we can't sleep right now.

We don't at least go 3-1 against LAC, LAL, Chicago, and Indiana, it's probably too little too late, unless LAL just bottoms out.

Guess you just don't know who Micky Arison is I guess. You still have time to catch up tho, google can help you.

I'm not going to get into an argument about whether or not a successful business man its willing to lose upwards of 10+ million dollars a year for the sake of winning. it feels ******ed just typing it.

Chris Bosh is a defensive stalwart or something now? Dude is serviceable at best (still a great player though)

No but Bosh is >>> much better defensively than Anderson

The only thing Anderson basically gives you is 3s.

Bosh gives you so much more.

Anyways Im done with this debate. You can go ahead keep thinking Ryan Anderson can replace Bosh. In fact I hope the Heat do that. So you can be proven right:lol:

Last edited:

1 ) Most teams nowadays when playing the heat go to a small lineup to try and match the heat.
2) It's not like any of the contenders have a big center who's going to go inside and try and bully him
3) People don't really get to the basket against the heat because they don't wanna challenge CB, It's bcuz their perimeter defense and rotations is that good.

I could Absolutely see him playing center for MIA not to mention he shoots nearly 40% from three which spreads the floor out even more than bosh.

No shots at you but I see a lot of people say things like this.

Playing Ryan Anderson at center isn't a problem because of his low post defense - post defense barely matters. What matters is help defense, pick and roll defense and shot blocking. Bosh isn't an Ibaka-level shot blocker but he rotates as quickly as anyone in the league. He's not blocking shots but he's contesting anything that comes inside. He's shutting down pick and rolls by trapping quickly and getting back to his man. Bosh is a GIANT part of what they do on defense. RA couldn't dream of doing that stuff.

Anderson's really good on offense and would help ANY team in the league but his defense is way behind Bosh's. Not to mention, even on offense, Bosh is way more versatile and gives Lebron legit finishing threat.

:lol: Yep.

This is not Jerry Reinsdorf of Robert Sarver we're talking about. Arison is passionate about the Miami Heat product, and the players. And he loves winning.. He's also worth 5 billion. >D

I agree that their rotations are great.

But you gotta have a big in the middle to contest shots. Thats how Lebron and Wade get alot their behind the defender blocks

I'm not going to get into an argument about whether or not a successful business man its willing to lose upwards of 10+ million dollars a year for the sake of winning. it feels ******ed just typing it.

The Heat have been in the red from a profit margin standpoint every year of the franchise except 2010-11 (the first year of LeBron). This has come directly from Arison's mouth.

Micky has lost millions on the Heat every year. And yet he still spends. As punitive as the new luxury system is, if you think he's going to break up a potential dynasty because of it, it's not going to happen.

It's a hobby for him.

Last edited:
I will admit that as far as rotating and making people adjust there shots Anderson just isn't laterally quick enough to do what Bosh does. However i don't think it would be a huge enough difference to stop them from being title contenders but hey that's just me.

Eh, Bosh is a MUCH better screen and roll defender than Anderson. Much better. Anderson can't trap and hedge like Bosh.

No but Bosh is >>> much better defensively than Anderson
Anderson not down three... Long step back 2s..rebounds... Grabs 5 broads... I mean he doesn't play a lot of d but he there to knock down threes.

The only thing Anderson basically gives you is 3s.

Bosh gives you so much more.

Anyways Im done with this debate. You can go ahead keep thinking Ryan Anderson can replace Bosh. In fact I hope the Heat do that. So you can be proven right:lol:

I dont think he can replace Bosh, i was on the Chris Bosh superstar campaign a few days ago.

I do think that without Bosh as a 3rd option, and with Anderson, the Heat will still be championship favorites.

Bosh is already trying to get his Ryan Anderson on, launching 3s all day and being a terrible rebounder.....

Whats catching on fire to you?

To me catching fire for Kobe is over 35 points in a game while shooting at least 50 pct from the field. I cant see him consistently doing that vs Kawhi

leonard isnt that good

Whats catching on fire to you?

To me catching fire for Kobe is over 35 points in a game while shooting at least 50 pct from the field. I cant see him consistently doing that vs Kawhi
What thadocta said.
Leonard isnt that good.
Dudes on niketalk be hyping up the most average dudes.

Kobe will destroy him.

Good, I don't feel like getting in an argument about how 10 million dollars means absolutely nothing to the third-richest owner in the NBA, whose worth 5 billion dollars and at this point in his life, cares deeply about the Miami Heat franchise and his legacy.

You're right, he should contemplate blowing up 1/3 of his championship team so he can get the 10 million dollars back. Makes sense, thanks for clearing it up.

What thadocta said.
Leonard isnt that good.
Dudes on niketalk be hyping up the most average dudes.

Kobe will destroy him.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400278242

Bryant had a sluggish start offensively and the Lakers fell behind 54-45 at the half.

His first basket came with less than a minute remaining in the first quarter and he closed the half 2 for 6 from the field. Bryant credited his poor shooting to Spurs second-year player Kawhi Leonard.

"It was Kawhi's defense" Bryant said. "He did a good job."

Leonard finished with 11 points, three rebounds, two assists, two steals and one blocked shot in 33 minutes while primarily guarding Bryant and World Peace.

"Kawhi Leonard was the start of the show as far as I'm concerned," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "He had a great night and is getting better and better defensively and starting to find his way offensively. I thought that was great."

Those are Kobes words not mine. He was 10-24 that game. Granted it was the 2nd night of a back to back but if you think Kobe is scoring 35-40 ppg in the series and shooting 50 pct, youre crazy

Last edited:
If Dallas wins tonight, then people will really take them serious as a threat to make the playoffs.

They have to win the next three. It's really unlikely, but we have to have these games. We still play you guys, the Nuggets twice, and the Grizzlies within the next twelve games, so we can't sleep right now.

We don't at least go 3-1 against LAC, LAL, Chicago, and Indiana, it's probably too little too late, unless LAL just bottoms out.

First time all season everybody is healthy, if the Matrix wasn't hurt last week the Mavs are 10-1 in there last 11 instead they are 8-3.

We making the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom