Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to get into an argument about whether or not a successful business man its willing to lose upwards of 10+ million dollars a year for the sake of winning. it feels ******ed just typing it.

Perennial losing teams lose money all the time. So losing money to win makes sense if you're wired as a win by any means entrepreneur over a profit first entrepreneur when it comes to team ownership

If Dallas wins tonight, then people will really take them serious as a threat to make the playoffs.

They have to win the next three. It's really unlikely, but we have to have these games. We still play you guys, the Nuggets twice, and the Grizzlies within the next twelve games, so we can't sleep right now.

We don't at least go 3-1 against LAC, LAL, Chicago, and Indiana, it's probably too little too late, unless LAL just bottoms out.

First time all season everybody is healthy, if the Matrix wasn't hurt last week the Mavs are 10-1 in there last 11 instead they are 8-3.

We making the playoffs.

:wow:

Not saying that.
But dont hype kawhi to be goddamn bruce Bowen or someone.
Hes a good defender. Solid role player. Thats all he'll ever be though. Dont know if youre one of the ones saying hes next franchise player.
But earlier in the season some of yall on nt were saying kawhi will be a franchise player :rofl:

Hes a solid player. On championship team 4th or 5th best player. Good defender as well.

Last edited:
Who do you think's gonna be better in a few years, Faried or Drummond?

I have a hard time figuring out Faried's ceiling.

He is a great athlete and a terrific energy player, but he is extremely undersized and isn't really a post player at the 4, and can't shoot or handle the ball well enough to play the 3 ( :x ). I love his game, but I think we're seeing his peak, although he should be able to maintain it for a few years if he stays healthy

Drummond. I see him progressing more.

I don't know if Faried's game gets a lot better. Improve, yes. But he's sort of what he is. Great hustle, fast and athletic, but I don't know if I see him adding post moves, or a clean 18 footer, etc.

dude is a clone of shawn marion in his younger days, except without the scoring ability. i highly doubt he'll become a flat out star, but he'll be a solid player for years to come. i can see drummond turning into a more consistent and athletic version of andrew bynum. dude is what, 18 or 19? hes shown flashes that he can be a GREAT center in this league. hes got plenty of time to develop his post arsenal as well. him and monroe are going to be serious in a couple years

Last edited:
Good, I don't feel like getting in an argument about how 10 million dollars means absolutely nothing to the third-richest owner in the NBA, whose worth 5 billion dollars and at this point in his life, cares deeply about the Miami Heat franchise and his legacy.

You're right, he should contemplate blowing up 1/3 of his championship team so he can get the 10 million dollars back. Makes sense, thanks for clearing it up.

I have a hard time actually believing Miami is losing money with the most popular team in the league. Don't care what BS numbers the owners throw at me, I don't buy it for one second.

Lol!

Not saying that.
But dont hype kawhi to be goddamn bruce Bowen or someone.
Hes a good defender. Solid role player. Thats all he'll ever be though. Dont know if youre one of the ones saying hes next franchise player.
But earlier in the season some of yall on nt were saying kawhi will be a franchise player :rofl:

Hes a solid player. On championship team 4th or 5th best player. Good defender as well.

My point is how are the Lakers going to win a series vs the Spurs?

Kobe will probably have to score 35+ PPG , shoot 50 pct and have 7 APG with limited turnovers. Thats probably not happen vs Kawhi.

Whether or not Faried improves a tick from this day forward, he will stay in the league for at least a decade and put up similar numbers the whole way.

My point is how are the Lakers going to win a series vs the Spurs?

Kobe will probably have to score 35+ PPG , shoot 50 pct and have 7 APG with limited turnovers. Thats probably not happen vs Kawhi.

Don't think Kobe have to score 35+

They can win if everybody hustle. The Spurs is not OKC. They don't have a mismatch on offense like OKC with Durant or Westbrook. They like to move the ball and set screen. Just stay home to shooter and make them create their own shot. Force them to take jumper.

And then offensively Nash has to be more aggressive and looking to score off the pick and roll.

Kobe will get his but the other guys has to step up. Gasol, Jamison, Nash, Meek, Metta etc.

Kawhi is a good defender but he's not going to shut down a smart player like Kobe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom