Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Kobe have to score 35+

They can win if everybody hustle. The Spurs is not OKC. They don't have a mismatch on offense like OKC with Durant or Westbrook. They like to move the ball and set screen. Just stay home to shooter and make them create their own shot. Force them to take jumper.

And then offensively Nash has to be more aggressive and looking to score off the pick and roll.

Kobe will get his but the other guys has to step up. Gasol, Jamison, Nash, Meek, Metta etc.

Kawhi is a good defender but he's not going to shut down a smart player like Kobe.

So whos guarding Parker?

Hes roast anybody the Lakers put on him( even Kobe more times than not)

Then you need Nash to give you 18 + PPG, D12 needs to give you 18-20 PPG plus great defensive and rebounding.

Plus you need MWP,Blake, Meeks, Jamison to hit their shots.

Pau could be an X factor but then you lose the energy of Earl Clark

I didnt say Kawhi would shut down Kobe. I just said he has to keep him from catching fire for the whole series

Last edited:
Tell me more about how the post season magically alters the match ups, I am very interested.

Does your definition of "magic" mean will, determination, pride, etc? If so then that is what will "magically" happen. Otherwise I don't follow you.

Clearly, experienced teams like the lakers have the wherewithal to turn it up in the playoffs which is why a lot of their fans are so cocky during the reg season as if it doesn't matter. Lakers have had the spurs number for a while now. I'm not going back n forth over this but we will see since you apparently think the spurs will handle a guy who is fighting tooth n nail to try n prove to everyone that he can win 6 rings too and that he is better. It won't end well bruh. Okc slides into 1st spot n yall live while okc murders the lakers. Pray for the latter.

You dont say.....

-Experienced teams like the Lakers you say? How many players on that roster have rings right now? Three? Coupled with the player with the most playoffs games and never reaching the finals, the 3rd worst bench in basketball. That screams championship pedigree

-Lakers had the Spurs number for a while now. Guess we're bringing up teams that existed over a decade ago as means to fuel our arguement. Just for arugments sake lets go look at the games. Over the last 10 regular season games, Kobe has lost 7 of those, the last time the Spurs and the Lakers met in the playoffs was in 2008 so those are hardly relevant even though the Lakers have "had their number for a while now" aka back in 2001. http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bryanko01&p2=duncati01

-How will the Spurs handle a guy whos fighting tooth and nail to prove things? The same guy who had mutliple defenive laspes against the all mighty Klay Thompson ( I'm a fan of the guy for the record). Also I wasnt aware that Kobe Bryant was the entire Lakers roster.

But dont worry I'm sure a team filled with only 2 proven champions (Metta World Peace and co are not proven championships) an inept coach, and a horrendous supporting cast will somehow find a way to play at a level they have not done once this season and become a championship calibur team. I have no concern how the seeding falls and if they have to play the Lakers or not, and thats not a slight to the Lakers. Unlike everyone else whos been praying that the Lakers will play the Spurs because they just know they'll win cause the Spurs are old, fools gold, etc etc. I have no need for baseless slander. The Lakers just arent good this year and no amount of intangibles will change that. This isnt a movie.

I really hate internet explorer.

Last edited:
Aight, so it's not just me. Since his first month, I felt unreasonably hyped about Drummond. Last time I checked for non-Knick rookie that much was Blake, but that was awe...this is something more.

And yeah...I'm a little apprehensive about Faried trying to expand his game. It feels like the he's managing the things he can do, as opposed to refining some untapped talent.

Last edited:
I'm not one to side with a spur fan but that lightweight was some e either of someones argument :lol:

Last edited:
Damn, Lebron looks like he washed Tobias and his girl, and Tobias looks like Wes Welker on the bench as the Ravens are winning

There goes frontrunning Lebron again. He feels like a bad *** when he dunked over some poor set up guy.

I cant wait til one day somebody pulls his card :lol:

Damn, Lebron looks like he washed Tobias and his girl, and Tobias looks like Wes Welker on the bench as the Ravens are winning

There goes frontrunning Lebron again. He feels like a bad *** when he dunked over some poor set up guy.

Take your LeBron hatred somewhere else!!

Sincerely, the Rest of the NBA Thread

Remember when Mister Friendly would
only make homosexual posts about atheletes and use a million question marks????????????

These posts are worse than that.

Not saying that.
But dont hype kawhi to be goddamn bruce Bowen or someone.
Hes a good defender. Solid role player. Thats all he'll ever be though. Dont know if youre one of the ones saying hes next franchise player.
But earlier in the season some of yall on nt were saying kawhi will be a franchise player
roll.gif

Hes a solid player. On championship team 4th or 5th best player. Good defender as well.
I said hes going to be a star, and I stand behind it. I watch all the games I see the potential, trust me bro.
Don't think Kobe have to score 35+

They can win if everybody hustle. The Spurs is not OKC. They don't have a mismatch on offense like OKC with Durant or Westbrook. They like to move the ball and set screen. Just stay home to shooter and make them create their own shot. Force them to take jumper.

And then offensively Nash has to be more aggressive and looking to score off the pick and roll.

Kobe will get his but the other guys has to step up. Gasol, Jamison, Nash, Meek, Metta etc.

Kawhi is a good defender but he's not going to shut down a smart player like Kobe.
So whos guarding Parker?

Then you need Nash to give you 18 + PPG, D12 needs to give you 18-20 PPG plus great defensive and rebounding.

I didnt say Kawhi would shut down Kobe. I just said he has to keep him from catching fire for the whole series
Tell me more about how the post season magically alters the match ups, I am very interested.

Does your definition of "magic" mean will, determination, pride, etc? If so then that is what will "magically" happen. Otherwise I don't follow you.

Clearly, experienced teams like the lakers have the wherewithal to turn it up in the playoffs which is why a lot of their fans are so cocky during the reg season as if it doesn't matter. Lakers have had the spurs number for a while now. I'm not going back n forth over this but we will see since you apparently think the spurs will handle a guy who is fighting tooth n nail to try n prove to everyone that he can win 6 rings too and that he is better. It won't end well bruh. Okc slides into 1st spot n yall live while okc murders the lakers. Pray for the latter.
You dont say.....

-Experienced teams like the Lakers you say? How many players on that roster have rings right now? Three? Coupled with the player with the most playoffs games and never reaching the finals, the 3rd worst bench in basketball. That screams championship pedigree

-Lakers had the Spurs number for a while now. Guess we're bringing up teams that existed over a decade ago as means to fuel our arguement. Just for arugments sake lets go look at the games. Over the last 10 regular season games, Kobe has lost 7 of those, the last time the Spurs and the Lakers met in the playoffs was in 2008 so those are hardly relevant even though the Lakers have "had their number for a while now" aka back in 2001. http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bryanko01&p2=duncati01

-How will the Spurs handle a guy whos fighting tooth and nail to prove things? The same guy who had mutliple defenive laspes against the all mighty Klay Thompson ( I'm a fan of the guy for the record). Also I wasnt aware that Kobe Bryant was the entire Lakers roster.

But dont worry I'm sure a team filled with only 2 proven champions (Metta World Peace and co are not proven championships) an inept coach, and a horrendous supporting cast will somehow find a way to play at a level they have not done once this season and become a championship calibur team. I have no concern how the seeding falls and if they have to play the Lakers or not, and thats not a slight to the Lakers. Unlike everyone else whos been praying that the Lakers will play the Spurs because they just know they'll win cause the Spurs are old, fools gold, etc etc. I have no need for baseless slander. The Lakers just arent good this year and no amount of intangibles will change that. This isnt a movie.

I really hate internet explorer.

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

If Drummond reaches his potential he has a chance to be the best big in the league.

If he doesn't he'll still be very serviceable and productive.

If Drummond reaches his potential he has a chance to be the best big in the league.

If he doesn't he'll still be very serviceable and productive.
Him and Cousins imo, can be the best bigs in the L.. That's if Cousins sorts himself out

Aye :smh:

RT @NotBillWalton: If Derrick Rose's career ends early, he can always finish his degree at Memphis. 120 credits to graduate, that means he only needs 150 more.

So whos guarding Parker?

Like i said. Tony Parker would have to create his own shot. The Lakers just have to stay home with other shooters.

If Nash get beat off dribble by Tony then Dwight would have to come and help and somebody else would have to slide over and take Dwight man.

It has to be a team effort.

And you're right. Offensively. Nash and other dudes have to step up and produce.

Kobe will get his. Dwight have to anchor the defense and other dudes have to step up and produce on offense because it's a guarantee that Dwight will not going to be able to score much. Especially Pop is going to play coward () ball and try to hack a Dwight whenever he can.

hahah true. Lebron is like that jock who never pick on guys his size yet his fans get geeked up whenever he dunked on ****** like Jason Terry, Beno Udrid etc lol.

Oh and Lebron's card was pulled several times already. I love when defenders smack his headband off and expose Lebron hairline. That's lebron pet peeve lol. He will immediately pick up his headband because he doesnt want the camera to shine on it lol. Dude look so mad when his headband get stripped lol.

I really liked how tayshaun hawked bryant back in the 04 finals with Big Ben waiting in the key to beat his crap up! Rip did a good job too.

Good times...

Ain't no way Tayshawn or weak dude like Rip beat Kobe up lol. Contesting shots does not mean beating somebody up. Beating somebody up on defense was illegalized after the 90s. Please learn to play basketball.
LOl at beating Kobe up. Child plays
It would take Rip, Tayshawn and the whole damn Piston just to bother Kobe lol.

Of course hater love opportunity like that because it only happen for them once in a blue moon. LOL

Aka Mavs fans or GSW fans. LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom