Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it can easily be replaced by the endless number of 'stretch bigs' in the league...alot of big men can average 16 and 7...ESPECIALLY on that heat team...

you cant replace 16 boards a game, very good d, and endless hustle plays...

i think ty put it perfectly, something i said myself last week....rodmans IMPACT to the 3peat>>>> Bosh impact right now...

Who are these stretch bigs?

Name me some? :lol:

Andrew Bogut playing like he's 100%
pimp.gif
yeah he played very well last night. gave dwight coward that work

i mean, even david lee got him mad, but bogut dominated dwight like nothing

Name me some?
laugh.gif
lets not act like dudes dont make a living in the nba by being "stretch bigs"... the term is there for a reason..

dont take MUCH bball knowledge to know that....#jussayin

dudes get so emotional,take stuff so personally..cant even have good sports talk/banter...

Speaking of Dwight -

"He got away with a shot. I will remember this game. I will remember that shot. He said he wasn't trying to do it. You can look at the play and see it for yourself. I will take care of it later."

-- Dwight Howard, referring to Warriors center David Lee

yeah he played very well last night. gave dwight coward that work

i mean, even david lee got him mad, but bogut dominated dwight like nothing

Were we watching the same game?

He had a few good plays defensively but that's what you'd expect for a guy who was former number one overall draft pick. But He gave you nothng offensively and was in foul trouble the whole night

J Wall has always had pretty good form and mechanics on his Jumper.

He just never had the confidence or consistency in game situations. Looks like he's finally putting it all together.

lets not act like dudes dont make a living in the nba by being "stretch bigs"... the term is there for a reason..

dudes get so emotional,take stuff so personally..cant even have good sports talk/banter...

You didnt answer my question.........Who are these guys?!?

Youre just pulling stuff out of your butt :lol:

Last edited:
just to play your game:

boozer

zbo

anderson

vucacec

LA

DMC

KG

David Lee

Scola

pau

all those dudes can knock down the jumper consistently...of those dudes HALF have better numbers than bosh RIGHT NOW...

bosh is down to 16 and 6 right now...we really gonna pretend thats irreplaceable??

Last edited:

How many of these "stretch bigs" can play defense like Bosh? Pick and roll like Bosh? Protect the paint, step out on the perimeter and play PF and C comfortably? Draw fouls like Bosh?

More importantly, didn't you guys see what happened to the Heat in the playoffs when Bosh was out? Took superhuman efforts from Lebron to not get knocked out by Indiana AND an old, old Boston team.

Tyson Chandler is a (). This dude is known for getting beat off the dribble so many times by guards whenever he try to play one on one face up defense. Dude only lurk and stay behind his perimeter defenders. As soon as his guys get beat. He would come out from the side and block the shot.
:lol:

You could have said that about almost any big... other than Tyson Chandler. #favorableoddsfail

How many of these "stretch bigs" can play defense like Bosh? Pick and roll like Bosh? Protect the paint, step out on the perimeter and play PF and C comfortably? Draw fouls like Bosh?

More importantly, didn't you guys see what happened to the Heat in the playoffs when Bosh was out? Took superhuman efforts from Lebron to not get knocked out by Indiana AND an old, old Boston team.
if you ask me right now, for my money bosh is the best 4 in the game after aldridge and love...i LOVE dudes game...

the point being made was how many dudes can do what bosh did/does vs what rodman did..

i think its easy to see who is more easily replaced...its chris bosh by a long shot.

edit:where you at mr.friendly??? or u tryna pull another fruitless argument 'outta ur butt'??

Last edited:

Name me some? :lol:

Now before this gets started.... I AM NOT SAYING THESE PLAYERS ARE ALL BETTER THAN BOSH... I am saying that if they were switched for him on this Miami squad they would have the same success

Lamarcus Aldridge, K. Love, Paul Milsap, Pau Gasol, Ryan Anderson, KG, Zach Randolph, Dirk, Josh Smith, Gallo

Chris Bosh CAN rebound extremely well, He CAN create his own shot very well, He CAN have an effect in the post..... but the truth of the matter is you don't need to be paying superstar money to a guy when his job on the team is too knock down open shots & play good team defense (Especially when you have three of the best perimeter defenders in the L sourrounding him)

The heats whole offense is predicated on running and getting easy baskets.... in the half court get Lebron or Wade the rock and let them create space for one of the soon to be open role players. any one of those guys i just named can be fed the ball from 15-18 ft and hit WIDE OPEN jump shots & grab 7-8 boards a night.

Their is nothing GREAT about Bosh defense he looks better because he on the best defensive team in the L.

well when you replace Bosh with guys like Joel Anthony & Udonis Haslem (At this point in his career) of course your going to see a fall off. Nobody is saying he's irrelevant we are saying that what he brings to the HEAT can easily be replaced.

just to play your game:

boozer
zbo
anderson
vucacec
LA
DMC
KG
David Lee
Scola
pau

all those dudes can knock down the jumper consistently...of those dudes HALF have better numbers than bosh RIGHT NOW...

bosh is down to 16 and 6 right now...we really gonna pretend thats irreplaceable??

Those are the only dudes that are even close to what he gives you. The others have serious defencies in their games

And those other guys are focal points of their offense.

Also I dont know what DMC gives you defensively, Im not even gonna pretend like I'm watching Kings games enough to get a sense of that :lol:

You really think if Bosh was a focal point of an offense, he couldn't still give you 21 PPG?

just to play your game:

boozer

zbo

anderson

vucacec

LA

DMC

KG

David Lee

Scola

pau

I feel what youre saying and you've been making valid points, but we really cant use the numbers to judge Chris Bosh under any circumstances. Hes taking a major slight in terms of his touches to play in Miami, he would easily be a mid 20PPG scorer right now if he was rolling solo. The rebounding I have no true answer for, the whole team doesnt rebound but he really should be getting more than that, maybe somewhere around 8.

Those are the only dudes that are even close to what he gives you. The others have serious defencies in their games

And those other guys are focal points of their offense.

Also I dont know what DMC gives you defensively, Im not even gonna pretend like I'm watching Kings games enough to get a sense of that :lol:

You really think if Bosh was a focal point of an offense, he couldn't still give you 21 PPG?

I Would LOVE to know what KG, Z-Bo, & Pau can't do that the almighty Bosh could?? ESPECIALLY KG

Now before this gets started.... I AM NOT SAYING THESE PLAYERS ARE ALL BETTER THAN BOSH... I am saying that if they were switched for him on this Miami squad they would have the same success

Lamarcus Aldridge, K. Love, Paul Milsap, Pau Gasol, Ryan Anderson, KG, Zach Randolph, Dirk, Josh Smith, Gallo

Do you realize with that list

The guys are either unattainable, are statues, old, a bad match or are gonna be more expensive than Bosh.

Last edited:
I Would LOVE to know what KG, Z-Bob, & Pau can't do that the almighty Bosh could?? ESPECIALLY KG
age..Garnett is old, Z-bo is old, Pau is old.. Bosh got some substantial years left.. Who's to say he and the Heat won't win 3-4 titles?  If they do, he'll be a big part of it.

Chris Bosh could easily be putting up 24pts, 10reb, 1blk if he had to (last season with Raptors).

But he doesn't have to.

Let the spurs play the lakers in the first round and we will see. They don't match up well with lakers in the playoffs (not talking about the reg season). Spurs will barely make it out or lose against lakers...watch!

You asked me to name you players, I named you 8-10 who can come into Miami's system and mimic exactly what Bosh is doing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom