Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosh is a star not a superstar
Rose is a superstar, Adidas wouldn't give him $100,000,000 if he wasn't, his name is a good sell, on the court he doesn't have the accomplishments to really back that up yet, if he can come back to his 2011 form and grow on that he will become a in the Lebron, Kobe, Durant range
They gave rubio $100+ mil too.
Ricky Rubio is the Spanish Jesus though, hes totally worth it.

If we're going to factor non basketball things into the discussion then it makes Melo a superstar. Hes a household name and such.

I think Rose is a superstar. If not completely right now he will be. He's the face of that team and he has so much impact. Think he might have gotten just a little forgotten due to his injury. He's big time and won an MVP.

are there better role players than chalmers and battier at the moment? Both play defense and are automatic if left open

Doc Rivers messed up big time. Brandon Bass takes the possible go ahead basket and misses. Before that he put Terry in a terrible position which led to a turnover.
He should have just ISOed Green or Pierce instead of getting cute with plays that were ineffective.

Refs were big influences on this game tho. How do the Heat get that reviewed call go their way on the road? Mario Chalmers getting superstar calls :smh:

I think the key to beating Miami is figuring out the defensive traps which lead to a lot of turnovers and easy points.

If Doc hadn't have sat Green he would have been dead in the 4th quarter. Unfortunately you can't turn fatigue off in real life.
Word, ***** would've needed a 2nd heart surgery. Doc just needed to sit him out sooner (when LBJ was out)...that's all.

Last edited:
The heat are scary good right now...if they keep this level of play up they won't see a challenge until the finals...if then

Bosh is a star not a superstar

Rose is a superstar, Adidas wouldn't give him $100,000,000 if he wasn't, his name is a good sell, on the court he doesn't have the accomplishments to really back that up yet, if he can come back to his 2011 form and grow on that he will become a in the Lebron, Kobe, Durant range

They gave rubio $100+ mil too.
Ricky Rubio is the Spanish Jesus though, hes totally worth it.

If we're going to factor non basketball things into the discussion then it makes Melo a superstar. Hes a household name and such.

Just stating the money adidas invested in these players:

Rose - $260 mil basically lifetime contract
Rubio - $190 - $230 mil also lifetime contract

Doesn't China love Melo?

Please stop doing this. It isnt cool or funny. Make a legitimate basketball related statement or just stop posting in the thread. As if they werent seven seconds from losing...

I've already said this. Hes the first person to call someone slow, yet theres a grammatical error in almost every post he makes.

Bruh, You mad?
Go have a seat somewhere

Give rose wade and bosh and hed be a superstar. Its relative

I mean sure lol.

But Bosh was playing at superstar level before he left Toronto.

Dude was putting up great numbers, and led those scrubs to almost a 50 win season (47-35). And they had the second largest amount of sellouts in franchise history that year (since those kind of things matter to you guys)

But I guess since Adidas/Nike didnt say it, its not true

I mean sure lol.

But Bosh was playing at superstar level before he left Toronto.

Dude was putting up great numbers, and led those scrubs to almost a 50 win season (47-35). And they had the second largest amount of sellouts in franchise history that year (since those kind of things matter to you guys)

But I guess since Adidas/Nike didnt say it, its not true

Bosh was a beast in Toronto without a question. He still shows that he can play huge when he's the number one option (3 OT game vs ATL last year). In MIA he's the third option so that's probably what's going on.

So he didn't hit a "Jumpshot" to beat Kobe at staples?

He didn't hit a "Jumpshot" to be the magic in the clutch?

He wasn't hitting jumpers against detroit in the playoffs in 07'?

I could go on buddy, but yeah, this is my point.

And IMO neither Bosh or Rose are "True" superstars but whatever.

I give up mayn because your are not reading it right. Don't argue with with me, your trolling for an arguments so follow the troll, attack ACB or one of the other LeBron haters around here. I clearly respect Lebron games more than anyone, by far the best player in the league since 2008. I'm on your side bro, but just leave me alone now, please.

Back to basketball, going to go watch the Knicks suck.

Any Suns fans can chime in on Hunter's performance as a coach? Seems like dragic regressed from that latter half of last season with the rockets.

Please stop doing this. It isnt cool or funny. Make a legitimate basketball related statement or just stop posting in the thread. As if they werent seven seconds from losing...

I've already said this. Hes the first person to call someone slow, yet theres a grammatical error in almost every post he makes.
Bruh, You mad?
Go have a seat somewhere
No one is mad, I actually enjoyed you rustling everyones jimmies in the Lebron IX thread. But this isnt the LeBron IX thread, and comments posted purely to get a rise out of people arent doing anything for this thread. Its already gotten to the point where certain people avoid it entirely, like PMatic who was the main provider of articles and stats, why try and make it worse?

Last edited:
Thats because Sportscenter has you hypnotized.

Rose averages 21 and 7

Bosh averages 20 and 9

You can argue Rose being more dynamic, but thats his role as a point guard versus Bosh as a power forward. Midrange jumpers dont make highlight plays

Derrick Rose has a much more talented team than Bosh did in Toronto. Even though Proshares thinks I should mention Mo Pete

:lol: and you're sweeping Raptors players under the rug when you clearly didn't watch a single quarter of the Raptors those seasons.

Calderon was the 2nd best player? :lol:

Bosh, the superstar, led the Raptors to one winning season in 7 seasons. In a weak eastern conference. And in that one winning season he led his team to a 4-2 series loss to the 6th seed.

Maybe Chicago should trade for Bosh.

I guess we're gonna call Elton Brand a superstar back in his clipper days, too :lol:

Last edited:
Can someone tell me why Scola isn't getting PT or burried in the bench? Like what did he did to deserve this? Wasn't he averaging like 16 pts+ 7 rebs last year or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom