Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is James Harden better at than Joe Johnson is or was? Joe Johnson is taller, bigger, legitimately played point guard for the Hawks for a few years and whenever Nash was out for the Suns and can post up on the block as good as any shooting guard in the league. Yeah they averaged just about the same numbers, but Joe Johnson also played in an offense that featured Nash, Amare, Shawn Marion and Quentin Richardson in their prime and in a very balanced offense. The Thunder played an uptempo ISO offense that was run pretty much exclusively through 3 people.

James Harden is better than Joe Johnson at everything, he's a better shooter, penetrator, he runs the pick and roll better. He's better at everything. Gimme last years Harden over any year Joe Johnson ever had in his career.

Both Harden & Joe on new teams to start the season. Both got max contracts. Compare them at the end of the season via stats (and maybe team wins) /endofdiscussion

LOL when i said is harden going to be joe johnson 2.0, i didn't mean it in a negative light :lol:

funny how that spun out of control.

harden is a much better facilitator than joe but joe has a better mid range. they are about even right. Btw kyrie>westbrook right now without a shadow of a doubt. 

One of the best shooting guards in the league doesn't shoot mid range shots?

That really grinds my gears

yeah but those potential 5+ assists per game creating opportunities for better shooters on the team makes up for it. Efficiency reigns in the NBA. 

Thats actually one of the least efficient shots you can take tho...

Denver's based their whole offensive system on either getting to the rim or taking 3s.

Last edited:
Its the least efficient shot today because nobody can hit it. It's just strange to me. Maybe he would have had a better finals if he wasn't dependent on getting to the rim, which is hard against a legit defense.

Sometimes I watch games from the 70s and it's just mind blowing how well they could shoot. Yes they didn't have the athleticism of today's players, but it didn't matter because they could hit the mid range jumper. And free throws.

Also think Dwight should be shooting underhanded.

Lakers thread is just
roll.gif
right now
Right now?

Last edited:
Its the least efficient shot today because nobody can hit it. It's just strange to me. Maybe he would have had a better finals if he wasn't dependent on getting to the rim, which is hard against a legit defense.
Sometimes I watch games from the 70s and it's just mind blowing how well they could shoot. Yes they didn't have the athleticism of today's players, but it didn't matter because they could hit the mid range jumper. And free throws.
Also think Dwight should be shooting underhanded.

No it's the least efficient shot basically since the invention of the 3 point line. Think logically, step back a foot and it's worth 3.

Unless you are Dirk ie 7 feet and have the uncanny ability to repeat your shooting mechanics regardless of angle, balance, or momentum you should avoid them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom