Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photobyalexmorgan13Instagram_1351529356009_original.jpg

Happy Halloween :pimp:

The Harden/JJ situations were different. Even though JJ was a RFA he had no intentions of resigning in Phoenix. Even though Harden wanted his money everything on the surface has to make you believe he wanted to stay in OKC.

Still happy to have him nonetheless.

Uncle Drew!!! :pimp:

I wasn't quite sure who Wes was until I saw him take a couple shots.

I wonder if he hurt his hand here... :nerd:

What exactly is James Harden better at than Joe Johnson is or was? Joe Johnson is taller, bigger, legitimately played point guard for the Hawks for a few years and whenever Nash was out for the Suns and can post up on the block as good as any shooting guard in the league. Yeah they averaged just about the same numbers, but Joe Johnson also played in an offense that featured Nash, Amare, Shawn Marion and Quentin Richardson in their prime and in a very balanced offense. The Thunder played an uptempo ISO offense that was run pretty much exclusively through 3 people.

What exactly is James Harden better at than Joe Johnson is or was? Joe Johnson is taller, bigger, legitimately played point guard for the Hawks for a few years and whenever Nash was out for the Suns and can post up on the block as good as any shooting guard in the league. Yeah they averaged just about the same numbers, but Joe Johnson also played in an offense that featured Nash, Amare, Shawn Marion and Quentin Richardson in their prime and in a very balanced offense. The Thunder played an uptempo ISO offense that was run pretty much exclusively through 3 people.

+1

let me get this straight OKC was stupid for trading harden and houston is stupid for paying him a max deal?

What exactly is James Harden better at than Joe Johnson is or was?
When Joe was in Phoenix, which is the time period that I was referring to, Harden got to the rim and free throw line more often, which helped him be a more a efficient scorer. If he played 40 mpg like Joe did in PHO, he would've put up superior numbers.

Actually, Harden got to the line more often last year than Johnson has at any point in Phoenix or Atlanta.

Yeah they averaged just about the same numbers, but Joe Johnson also played in an offense that featured Nash, Amare, Shawn Marion and Quentin Richardson in their prime
And per 36 minutes, Joe still took more shots than Harden did, so that point is moot.

Last edited:
Bruce Bowen is the corniest most j****boo dude on TV right now. Him and Stuart Scott need to have their own shuck and jive contest

Just about everyone who played with those Suns teams posted career highs in ppg, you cant be saying that Hardens numbers are more inflated than the Suns of that era.

Looking at Harden's numbers from last year and Joe's numbers from his 4th season, there's no reason to believe that he cant surpass him as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom