Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 years / 80 million for Harden

is he going to be joe johnson 2.0?

once again, whats wrong with Joe Johnson? sure his $120 mill contract sucks but hes a very good player

THIS. jj is like 6 time all star. his teams makes the playoffs. he's a solid player. not his fault hawks offered all that money. didnt nyk offer him a big contract, too?

it's not like the contract harden is getting cripples the rockets future. they are still able to sign another max player. lin's fourth yr is team option, if he is a bust, then they can get rid of him. money was a big factor, but i like how harden wants to be the man and have his own team.

So, $135M committed between two former bench players and a guy that played well for 30 games?

I know I didn't have to put it like that, but I just that's actually what happened. :lol: And to say that Harden could very well be the next best SG after Kobe and Wade isn't saying much. Just look at the crop of SG's in about 2-3 years.

Last edited:
jordan gave the job to kemba.....ramon better than that shot bricking nyc bum

tumblr_m3bnnd1mk11qje31qo2_500.jpg

So, $135M committed between two former bench players and a guy that played well for 30 games?

I know I didn't have to put it like that, but I just that's actually what happened. :lol: And to say that Harden could very well be the next best SG after Kobe and Wade isn't saying much. Just look at the crop of SG's in about 2-3 years.

Exactly. The PG crop is ******** on the SG's.

Does Harden being a potential top 10-15 guy in the league sound better?

^.

I don't get it, what's your beef with Harden? He ISN'T OJ Mayo. He's much better. He gets to the line. He's damn effective with the ball in his hands.

I don't remember this big an uproar when Eric Gordon on one knee signed his deal :lol:. Rockets still have room to go after another max guy. They'll be ok.

I would've gave Harden $80M before Gordon.

But, I have the same problem with the Harden deal as I had with the Rudy Gay deal. They simply just gave it to them and didn't seem to negotiate for a lesser deal. Would Harden walk at $70M? Maybe they just didn't want to take that chance. I wish him success, though.

I'll be interested in seeing if he's a true #1 option.

Harden>>>>Gordon

when was the last time Gordon has played? and to be honest, i knew he wouldnt play to start the season,i knew something would come up.

had to come to this thread and contribute since the best sport just kicked off. Okc is about to feel the effects of missing harden in may, not in nov-april. Harden is easily the 3rd best 2 guard in the league behind kb and wade. Yes, he's a max player due to his multi faceted game. dont let the finals performance fool you into thinking he chocked, he just ran into a great defensive team in miami that really made him the main focal point on defense as he was the difference maker for okc against la and san antonio. 

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...mes-harden-kevin-martin-shot-chart-comparison

James Harden plays basketball like a video game character: all 3s, dunks, and layups. About 87 percent of his shots come from either near the rim or beyond the 3-point arc. He’s great in both areas, but make no mistake — it’s his ability to create and convert opportunities at the basket that makes him special. He’s incredible off the dribble, in transition, and in pick-and-roll situations. He has a high basketball IQ that’s most obvious in the two-man game, in which he reads and reacts better and faster than almost any other NBA player.

Simply put, Harden is an elite player for two reasons: his ability to create close-range shots, and his ability to make long-range shots. When you look at his shooting chart, you realize it’s almost as if mid-range shots bore him.

grantland_kg_jharden_576.jpg

One thing that is commonly overlooked in shooting evaluations is the basic ability to get shots. Dunks and layups are the most efficient shots on the floor, but for most players, they are hard to come by. Harden is great not just because he makes shots at high rates, but also because he creates the type of shots convertible at those rates. Not many guards in the NBA can generate effective close-range chances in the face of the defense as frequently as Harden, and this area represents the biggest gap between Harden and probable replacement Kevin Martin. Last season, 42 percent of Harden’s field goal attempts were close to the rim, and he made 62 percent of them. For Martin, only 20 percent of his field goals were in this area, and he made only 53 percent of them. This means fewer layups, dunks, and free throws for the Thunder, but more for the Rockets.

Harden combines that ability at the rim with being a very good and very willing 3-point shooter, especially from the wings. Last season, almost a third of his field goal attempts were 3-point shots along the wings, and he made about 40 percent of them, much higher than league average. Martin also loves shooting 3s, but he isn’t nearly as efficient. Although Martin hit more than 38 percent of his 3s two seasons ago, last year, he made less than 35 percent.

Martin is a good player, and a capable NBA scorer, but he’s much more of a typical NBA shooting guard than Harden; he relies more on jump shots than he does on penetration. Like Harden, Martin’s favorite 3-point shot has been along the wings. Unfortunately, as his shooting chart from last year shows, Martin’s ability to make these shots has decreased recently, especially along the right wing.

grantland_kg_kmartin_576.jpg

this wreaks of Joe Johnson leaving Phoenix for ATL, I ain't eem mad James Harden. get your bread and all star appearances
Harden is better than Johnson was when he left PHO. Avg'd virtually the same amount of points, shot more free throws, & dished out more assists than Joe even though he played nearly 9 less mins. He was more efficient as well.

The situation is similar, but Harden is a superior player than Joe was at that point.

Last edited:
I posted that just to stir up the argument that Martin will fit in fine with OKC. :lol:

Harden's shot chart is crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom