Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of guys take mid-range jumpers, from bigs to guards, but only a few should be taking them. Guys like Russell Westbrook shoot 42%, Kobe shoots 41% from the mid-range area. Would you consider a 42% shot a good shot? I don't know, but it's something that a lot of people are picking up on. Step back a few feet and it's worth an extra point.

If I want someone taking mid-range jumpers, I want someone like Dirk, who shoots 46%-53% from mid-range jumpers, or KD who shoots 42-46%, not necessarily Kobe @ 41-42%, or Russ @ 36-41%.

If you're going to take those mid-range jumpers, I don't think 35-42% is a shot that you want to take. If it's 45-50%, that's a better shot.

it wasn't a basketball play, but really a punk play on rondo? wade basically body slammed rondo and popped his arm out a couple yrs ago in the playoffs :smh:

No it's the least efficient shot basically since the invention of the 3 point line. Think logically, step back a foot and it's worth 3.
Unless you are Dirk ie 7 feet and have the uncanny ability to repeat your shooting mechanics regardless of angle, balance, or momentum you should avoid them.

I'm talking about base line jumpers. Not Just those shots that are super close to the 3 point line.

Like Brandon bass type shots. Every player in the league should be able to hit those at a consistently high rate.

Yes JA Russ is a good example. there are times where Russ is hitting those at a high clip and he's super effective, because it can mess up the defender

I remember multiple times in that crazy finals game he had that he was on the fast break and pulled up, hit a baseline jumper. Then the defender started playing up on him and he could breeze by for lay ups.

Now a player like lebron doesn't need it as much because he his strong enough to go at the hoop every time and will make the shot with contact or just go to the FT line.

Last edited:

They eventually gave him his respect and props after that video package. And this game is sloppy, if it continues like this then Faried is gonna be the x factor for the Nuggets to win because that dudes motor is unlike anything I've ever seen

EDIT: These new addition 3 point shooters are working out REAL good for us lol I just hope we dont become 3 pointer happy and become that old Dwight Howard Magic team smh

Last edited:
No it's the least efficient shot basically since the invention of the 3 point line. Think logically, step back a foot and it's worth 3.
Unless you are Dirk ie 7 feet and have the uncanny ability to repeat your shooting mechanics regardless of angle, balance, or momentum you should avoid them.

Pretty much what I was trying to say. It's not worth the effort based on most players in the League not having a good shooting % from the mid-range area.

Dirk can do it because he's so tall in that area, and so long, that it's not too difficult for him to get the shot off, and he's been doing it for a dozen years. :lol:

I see that Paul George is feeling himself, :lol: . Tomorrow I expect him to fail hard.

After all the other contracts that have been handed out, I really can't get mad at Harden's, even though I thought I would. Everybody in the NBA is getting paid, regardless of the level they're at. Oh well, here's to a very...interesting year for the youngest & least experienced squad in the NBA.

I know they don't have a good percentage from the midrange. That's what I'm complaining about lol. Thats my issue.

In Russell's case I can understand where you're coming from, but I feel like he has the speed and athleticism that he can do that whenever he wants, not only when his mid-range jumper is hitting and then he can breeze by. I've never seen him not be able to breeze by whenever he wants to, it's just a matter of whether the opposing team has bigs that can deny him, or if guards can try and slow him down.

Another good example of a midrange shooter is Jason Terry, who shot 43-47% over the past two years, which is better than a lot of the League. It's just a shot he's perfected on the fast-break. Run the break, stop, pop in a jumper.

Russ can get there, I don't have any doubt, but 2010-2011 he was too streaky. 2011-2012 he got a lot more consistent. If he can get into that 45%-48% range from the midrange? Great for him. But a lot of coaches don't like that shot just because it's so low-%, while several feet forward or back is a much better opportunity.

James Harden about to debut. :pimp:

If he does have a bad game, people need to chill because he hasn't been with his team for a week yet. :lol:

Expectations for Evan Turner this year? He puts up a similar statline of 9/5/2, are we gonna start talking about him being a bust?

Expectations for Evan Turner this year? He puts up a similar statline of 9/5/2, are we gonna start talking about him being a bust?

He bulked up a lot, and what I saw from him in the pre-season he seemed a lot more comfortable than what I had seen before.

Last year he was far too timid, and the game seemed too fast for him. He seemed to be much more composed, and I think he can be a good player, but I just don't nkow if he ever will put up great stats. I think he tops out being about 16/7/3, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Not for another year though, this year? 12-13/5/2.

Only their 2nd possession of the season, but much like I expect to see all season Harden made a move and drew defenders and Asik was open if he was cutting, but he wasn't and Harden's attempt pass to him careened out of bounds, luckily it was deflected

Last edited:
Already seen three great plays from Harden in the first three minutes of the game. Two were creating for others.

Yeah, Kevin Martin... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom