Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guarding the best player in the world every day and having that psycho push you mentally, significantly helped his development
That's ridiculous and baseless. Scottie Pippen can't be his own man and be driven himself? He's the same guy from the middle of nowhere Arkansas that turned himself into a Top 5 pick before ever meeting Jordan.

The six Pippen boys all played ball down at the Pine Street Courts, "grew up playing in the dust," says Carl Pippen, Scottie's closest brother. All Scottie knew was that he didn't want to be trapped in Hamburg, that he had to get out and see all the cities and countries he'd heard about. But the family had no money, and by the time Scottie started high school, Preston had been paralyzed on one side of his body by a stroke. When Scottie graduated from high school at 17, he was a frighteningly skinny 6' 1½", and no college offered him a scholarship. His high school coach persuaded the coach at Central Arkansas, Don Dyer, to pull Scot-tie into the program as a manager. When other players dropped out, Pippen got his chance. He began growing as soon as he arrived on campus, and by Halloween of his freshman year Dyer had gotten him a full ride. By midseason Pippen was a starter.

In the summers Pippen would stay on campus in Conway, working the night shift as a welder at the Virco furniture factory, getting off at 7 a.m. and then working out before going to sleep. He'd get up at 5 p.m., drive 35 minutes into Little Rock and play summer-league games, then get back in time for his 11 p.m. shift. "I did that once in a while, but I couldn't go on," says Ronnie Martin, Pippen's oldest friend and a teammate at Central Arkansas. "Scottie did it daily. He played every game, and then he'd play more ball on the weekend. He loved the game. We'd set a goal in junior high: One of us was going to make the NBA."

Not long before his senior season Pippen suffered a hairline fracture in his right femur. One doctor told him he was done for the year. Another told him to try to play, and Pippen taped himself up, never missed a game or practice. He averaged 23.6 points and 10 rebounds and was named NAIA All-America for the second year in a row, but he still had no idea whether anyone knew who he was.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1017938/4/index.htm

Sounds like someone who might have been driven differently than most himself.

Of course he deserves credit. I'm saying there's a difference between winning with young Scottie and placing yourself on the team of a finals MVP named wade AND bosh

And you all know it. You just don't like having these arguments anymore

Last edited:
Of course he deserves credit. I'm saying there's a difference between winning with young Scottie and placing yourself on the team of a finals MVP named wade AND bosh

And you all know it. You just don't like having these arguments anymore

Wade cant carry a team and bosh cant carry a team,, they all helping eachother at this stage of their career

I remember when miami got bounced in the 2010 playoffs d wade stated this was his last time losing in the first round.

You can blame boston for the heatles not the king

anthony davis is avging ~ 17/11 and 1.8 blks in just 30 mins a game in march

had he been healthy in the beginning of the season, would we have seen a tighter roy race?
It's weird to me how little people talk about him. Not because he hasn't played really well, because he has. The dude is everything I hoped for.

He kind of got brought along slowly after the injuries, but the minutes have noticeably picked up in March.

The problem I have is that the Hornets don't run. Ever. They didn't before Vasquez, and they sure aren't going to with him. Seems ridiculous to me when you have Davis and Aminu, and Anderson spotting up. And it wouldn't matter to Gordon. But that's how Monty coaches, and his point guard is fat. Vasquez is just so much better suited as a backup.

Also, you replied to yourself.

Last edited:
After the 76ers game In Philadelphia.

LeBron signs autographs for fans following the Heat's victory in Philadelphia, south beach, corks, basketball

Last edited:
Mike made Scottie should be your sig. That way we can all be sure to ignore everything you say.

Vasquez is just so much better suited as a backup.

Yep. I'm not sure why people are thinking Vasquez is better fit as a starter. Is it because of his high assist numbers? :lol: You have to love his game, but I cannot live with the turnovers, slow feet, no defense and mistakes for 30+ minutes a night. 18-20 minutes? Yes.

I said the same exact !+%* last night. :lol:

The Hornets are never going to improve with Vasquez as their starting point guard.

He might be the ultimate worthless stats player. Slow, bad shot selection, too many mistakes, surely one of the worst defenders in the league.

Last edited:
The InBounds: Tim Duncan or Marc Gasol for best center in the NBA?
By Zach Harper | NBA Blogger

It's been a while since we had to really wonder about which center would get the honor of being on the All-NBA First Team.

For five straight seasons, Dwight Howard has been given the honors and deservedly so. He has been the best center in the NBA for at least half a decade. The last time anybody took the honors over him was in 2006-07, when either Tim Duncan or Amar'e Stoudemire took the honors (it depends on how you want to classify either).

However, Dwight has fallen off in many aspects of his game due to various injuries and chemistry problems with his new team (but mostly injuries), and Andrew Bynum has yet to play a second of basketball for the Philadelphia 76ers. That leaves the door wide open for a new center to emerge in the All-NBA First Team discussion.

The two candidates who make the best case for being the top center in the league this year are Duncan from the San Antonio Spurs and Marc Gasol of the Memphis Grizzlies. The fact that Duncan is even able to put himself in this conversation at the age of 36 is an incredible testament to how he prepares himself for the grind of the regular season while still finding the focus and ability to remain this effective. And Gasol has gone from an afterthought in a shrewd move by the Lakers to acquire his brother, Pau, to being praised nightly as one of the best defensive centers in the league.

So, which of the two players should end up getting the nod for All-NBA First Team this season? Let's break it down.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...ncan-or-marc-gasol-for-best-center-in-the-nba

After the 76ers game In Philadelphia.

LeBron signs autographs for fans following the Heat's victory in Philadelphia, south beach, corks, basketball

I'm surprised he is allowed to sign like that, I though UD athletes had strict guidelines.

and thats what these youngins dont understand...

mj bulls team was LEGIT..if you call this heat team stacked, you gotta call mjs squad stacked...

dont get me started on magic and his all star cast of teammates ...tim duncan needed help...etc etc...

in my lifetime, only dude i seen do it alone was hakeem and dirk...thats it...

you are crazy if you think MJ had more help than dirk and dream did offensively

hakeem and dirk did it alone? :lol: please

the bulls were a defensive juggernaut. Along with that and MJ greatness and coaching the bulls were legendary teams. second best player was pippen with his broke *** jump shot

the bulls were stacked? :lol:

The InBounds: Tim Duncan or Marc Gasol for best center in the NBA?
By Zach Harper | NBA Blogger

It's been a while since we had to really wonder about which center would get the honor of being on the All-NBA First Team.

For five straight seasons, Dwight Howard has been given the honors and deservedly so. He has been the best center in the NBA for at least half a decade. The last time anybody took the honors over him was in 2006-07, when either Tim Duncan or Amar'e Stoudemire took the honors (it depends on how you want to classify either).

However, Dwight has fallen off in many aspects of his game due to various injuries and chemistry problems with his new team (but mostly injuries), and Andrew Bynum has yet to play a second of basketball for the Philadelphia 76ers. That leaves the door wide open for a new center to emerge in the All-NBA First Team discussion.

The two candidates who make the best case for being the top center in the league this year are Duncan from the San Antonio Spurs and Marc Gasol of the Memphis Grizzlies. The fact that Duncan is even able to put himself in this conversation at the age of 36 is an incredible testament to how he prepares himself for the grind of the regular season while still finding the focus and ability to remain this effective. And Gasol has gone from an afterthought in a shrewd move by the Lakers to acquire his brother, Pau, to being praised nightly as one of the best defensive centers in the league.

So, which of the two players should end up getting the nod for All-NBA First Team this season? Let's break it down.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...ncan-or-marc-gasol-for-best-center-in-the-nba
Mark Gasol is definitely getting the 1st team nod and I aint eem mad about it. Its well deserved.

I was just looking up Kobe's career statline.

in his 10th year, dude was averaging 35, 4.5, 5.3

dude is a monster, and I hate him so much

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom