Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now see the value in Jason Kidd and Jason Terry.. :lol:

I don't care how old they are, or how poorly they play on defense, we are no better in the front-court with OJ Mayo, Daren, Collison, and Mike fricking James. All three are adequate-to-good depending on the night, but in the big games? Terrible.

These guys cannot get the ball to Dirk Nowitzki to save their lives. They can do well against sub-par teams, but athletic teams like Miami and OKC? Destroyed. For as good as we played for the first about 40 minutes, we just can't sustain it over a full game. Not with these idiots running the show. I can't for the life of me imagine why Dirk Nowitzki can't get the ball when he's 8/10 from the field, and doesn't get another shot off in the final 14 minutes. Yes, he got fouled on two attempts in the fourth, but he still should have been able to get some quality looks off. Not having Shawn Marion out there hurt, especially in the fourth, but there's no excuse, we should've been able to pull out that game with Dirk that hot.

He didn't. Mike James isolated and got no where, OJ Mayo put up contested jumpers, and including Darren Collison, they all made some turnovers that cost us late. And Dirk didn't get a good look the entire last 14 minutes. Sometimes it was good defense, moreso it was because our guys were inadequate and tried to play hero ball. If there's one person I want playing isolation basketball on this team, it's Dirk Nowitzki. Not Vince Carter, not OJ Mayo, not Mike ******g James, I want Dirk. But no. Yet again, another close game, and they can't get to Dirk when it matters.

He got the ball with 6 seconds left on the shot clock, 27 feet away from the basket. That don't work. Rick has to draw up better plays. Dirk isn't as athletic as the rest of these guys, but he wasn't nearly as athletic in 2011 either, but he still made it happen.

Dirk is as healthy as he's been in probably five years. His body is right, he has good conditioning, and he has no ailments, but his team is letting him down. I may seem doom and gloom now, but I'm just looking at this as if I were him. I'm playing good basketball, but my teammates can't even get me the ball. That's rough. He was playing great in the first half, and early in the third, but it ended quickly thereafter.

If Darren and OJ stick around, they got some learning to do. There's no way in hell I ever want guys like Mike James taking more shots than Dirk Nowitzki. Never. I don't care if he's 8/8, 30/30. Dirk is trying to defy time like Duncan and Kobe are doing, but he's not getting looks. Jason Kidd and Jason Terry could get him those looks.

I'll continue to say that I won't give up hope until we're mathematically out, but it's certainly been frustrating. I want to push for the Playoffs just to show that the team has some guts, has some heart. The difference between a low-teen and high-teen isn't that significant. I was just hoping we could get hot and maybe pull off an upset, but these guys are just playing like they haven't played together before, basically 60 games in.

James had a foul every last one of the last 6 games. Where are people getting this from?

Dudes can either keep crying, or appreciate one of the greatest teams ever assembled.

SHHH . They don't even watch the games but are ready to scream "unfair." Man 2011 was fun jovial everyone was on the attack,

now they see the greatness and just sad rustled jimmies remain.

SHHH . They don't even watch the games but are ready to scream "unfair." Man 2011 was fun jovial everyone was on the attack,

True. It's infuriating listening to so many people hating on Lebron (especially last season). People need to appreciate that Lebron is a once in a lifetime player and stop looking for things to nitpick.

True. It's infuriating listening to so many people hating on Lebron (especially last season). People need to appreciate that Lebron is a once in a lifetime player and stop looking for things to nitpick.

Can't do it. Dude is by far the best player in the league, so I can appreciate that.

But I hated Kobe, Shaq and Jordan before them. I just have a natural hatred for whoever the best player in the league is :lol:

Nobody was winning **** in the Jordan era, although through the 90's, so I hated him for that.

Shaq and Kobe beat us in 6 games in our last finals trip (Dale Davis wanted zero problems) :smh:

Plus, Lebron destroyed my squad in the Finals.

**** all them ******

I've never seen so many apologists for a player before. In every sport...it's kind of normal for elite players to receive a mass amount of hatred.

Lebron has a ******g goof troop of individuals crying every time someone says anything bad about him

I've never seen so many apologists for a player before. In every sport...it's kind of normal for elite players to receive a mass amount of hatred.

Lebron has a ******g goof troop of individuals crying every time someone says anything bad about him
Not just, Lebron.  There are more players that don't have positive group of people around them outside of basketball.

Lol at you have to "appreciate" him joining up and destroying competition. Ooookay

I'm sure nobody out there hates Tom Brady

"My personality is to try to help somebody, particularly somebody that I thought one thing about, even if it didn't turn out to be that way," Cuban said. "So I was just trying to be nice and help. Usually when you help somebody, you expect at least some semblance of loyalty back. When you don't get it, then it's more disappointing.

"With his history, I shouldn't have been surprised what happened."

"I'll just boo him like hopefully everybody else," Cuban said.

Cuban :smokin

Last edited:
LeBron is the best player in the world, everyone should appreciate him, I do, even if he plays for the Heat.

But come on now, LeBron didn't need this much help. He was talented enough to not need one other top 5 player, and another top 15 player. I don't think people understand just how good the Miami Heat are, they are stacked, it's not even fair. Without LeBron they'd still be the number one seed in the East. They wouldn't win a championship and breeze thru the playoffs but they'd still be the front-runners in such a weak conference.

These dudes really need each other tho, they've learned to utilize there talents with each other on the court, so if one of them goes down - Miami Heat are in trouble. If Wade per say were to go down, Miami Heat don't have a chance in the finals, it'd be too much work on the offensive scoring side of the ball for LeBron and teams would finally be able to double LeBron without worrying about Dwyane Wade.

Regardless tho, these dudes look healthy and are playing wonderfully. If they all stay healthy, it's not even a contest, 2013 champions and they'll breeze thru the playoffs. Maybe the Spurs can bring them to 6 games, maybe. The Miami Heat are starting to enter Chicago Bulls status, no ones stopping them.

It sucks that we were robbed of seeing harden grow with okc. At least we could see the heat and thunder go at it with legitimate competition. That harden move was gigantic. Spurs don't have the star power to beat this heat team.

Joey Crawford is licking his lips in anticipation of reffing timmy

I'm sure nobody out there hates Tom Brady

That's a lie
I'm hoping it was sarcasm.

It sucks that we were robbed of seeing harden grow with okc. At least we could see the heat and thunder go at it with legitimate competition. That harden move was gigantic. Spurs don't have the star power to beat this heat team.

We can totally beat the Heat. Honestly only we have a chance of doing so, every other team will get washed by them.

Yup, I've been saying the same thing since the trade happened. The worst decision they've ever made, they'll be regretting this for years but what makes it even worse, is us, the basketball fans were robbed. Couldn't have said it better.

The Miami Heat are on the verge of turning into the Chicago Bulls of the early 90's while the Thunder are turning into the Portland Trailblazers of the early 1990's. Its sad, they've could have battled for championships year in and year out like the Celtics and Lakers of the 80's instead.

It's true.
The same is also the case for Kobe, and he's my favorite player.

I've learned to stay away from those kinda topics (Kobe Bryant Overrated thread/Appreciation thread)...
I show my appreciation in here for LeBron and Kobe, and in our Laker thread without having to start an argument.

Just getting too old for all that arguing man...NT already has enough of my time as it is. :lol:

Can't do it. Dude is by far the best player in the league, so I can appreciate that.

But I hated Kobe, Shaq and Jordan before them. I just have a natural hatred for whoever the best player in the league is :lol:

Nobody was winning **** in the Jordan era, although through the 90's, so I hated him for that.

Shaq and Kobe beat us in 6 games in our last finals trip (Dale Davis wanted zero problems) :smh:

Plus, Lebron destroyed my squad in the Finals.

**** all them ******

excellent post. back in the day you think other fans were worshipping jordan while he was playing? hell no they hated his guts. for doing their team dirty

nowadays everybody wanna hold hands and pat each other on the back. get upset when no other fans want to kiss dong.

you beat my team hell yea i hate you.

people always hate the best and only let up when they have retired

Yup, I've been saying the same thing since the trade happened. The worst decision they've ever made, they'll be regretting this for years but what makes it even worse, is us, the basketball fans were robbed. Couldn't have said it better.

The Miami Heat are on the verge of turning into the Chicago Bulls of the early 90's while the Thunder are turning into the Portland Trailblazers of the early 1990's. Its sad, they've could have battled for championships year in and year out like the Celtics and Lakers of the 80's instead.
it wouldve been nice, but from what i understand, if they kept him it would be at the expense of losing ibaka, possibly not having the money to renew westbrook/durant.....or keeping other small important core pieces around them. Harden wanted a big time contract. And okc wasnt in the position to give him the money, so more then likely he would have walked and they would have gotten nothing for him. Plus i think keeping harden, while it would have helped okc, it would have hurt harden growth/development as a player.

I'm a huge Lebron fan and could give a **** who hates him if you're a fan of another squad you should hate him all i ask is be a fan of the sport respect each players talents because I dont rock with Kobe at all but dude is a damn legend

I do feel like if your one of those cats that still wont come out and admit Bron is the best player playing we need not talk basketball

that appreciation **** isn't supposed to happen until after it's over. like reggie miller got a standing ovation at MSG in his last game. and he was more hated than MJ.

unless you are really young. I remember liking MJ alot and loving space jam, had a jersey, but i always rooted against him when he played the knicks and both jazz finals

there isn't 1 person ive seen in a long time say lebron isn't the best player. so lets not pretend like theres some worthy battle to fight. just don't wanna hear about him getting slurped by mike breen when i turn a damn knicks game on and the heat aren't even playing :lol:

Last edited:
I honestly don't care that people hate the Heat, its actually hilarious seeing heat haters dedicate time watching Heat games just to see if they lose and cry about refs helping them and what not. They were actually underdogs for the title (Vegas odds) since they had an injured Wade and missed Bosh through the playoffs last year and still made it to the finals, now people are seeing them full force and are losing it :lol:

There's always a bad guy in the league, you don't have to like everybody.

That if you dont have an appreciation of lebron joining wade and bosh to beat your favorite team year in and year out, you are a hater. If you don't enjoy him winning, you are a hater.

I would rather Memphis go ahead and play a team with an exciting offense, so they can make it not exciting in a series. :lol:

Fans would be so pissed to see teams like Denver and the Warriors scoring in the high 80's.

LeBron is the best player in the world, everyone should appreciate him, I do, even if he plays for the Heat.

But come on now, LeBron didn't need this much help. He was talented enough to not need one other top 5 player, and another top 15 player. I don't think people understand just how good the Miami Heat are, they are stacked, it's not even fair. Without LeBron they'd still be the number one seed in the East. They wouldn't win a championship and breeze thru the playoffs but they'd still be the front-runners in such a weak conference.

These dudes really need each other tho, they've learned to utilize there talents with each other on the court, so if one of them goes down - Miami Heat are in trouble. If Wade per say were to go down, Miami Heat don't have a chance in the finals, it'd be too much work on the offensive scoring side of the ball for LeBron and teams would finally be able to double LeBron without worrying about Dwyane Wade.

Regardless tho, these dudes look healthy and are playing wonderfully. If they all stay healthy, it's not even a contest, 2013 champions and they'll breeze thru the playoffs. Maybe the Spurs can bring them to 6 games, maybe. The Miami Heat are starting to enter Chicago Bulls status, no ones stopping them.
its like your argueing against yourself. you say that heat are stacked and lebron didn't need this amount of help, its not even fair according to you.

but then you say if the second best players goes down with a injury they have zero chance in winning the finals? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom