Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
anthony davis is avging ~ 17/11 and 1.8 blks in just 30 mins a game in march

had he been healthy in the beginning of the season, would we have seen a tighter roy race? :nerd:

I would rather Memphis go ahead and play a team with an exciting offense, so they can make it not exciting in a series. :lol:

Fans would be so pissed to see teams like Denver and the Warriors scoring in the high 80's.

Most fans would be upset just having to watch boring *** Memphis.

Some of you are just going to have to deal - had no problem dishing out the criticism for year on top of year.

Now we want to get upset about universal praise? What probably really bugs people is LeBron took everything off the table that you wanted to hate. Now you're stuck with complaining about officiating and a 30 month old story. Must get tedious. He's still hated, just wait till something goes wrong again.

Damn what have I started with this whole Lebron Talk :lol: ....Look Kobe is my Fav player and Lebron 2nd ima realist and I've been watching bball since 91' LEBRON IS THE BEST BASKETBALL PLAYER IN THE GAME TODAY. Ok now that I have said that I don't think it was right for him to say rings don't define a player when you went to chase a ring down in SouthBeach at the end of the day I can't hate that their winning and having fun doing it, I respect what they are doing with the streak do I want them to beat the Lakers record no, but records are meant to be broken. The way they clown around and have fun there's no other team like that I appreciate that. I think the hate is way overboard for these guys if you ask me and this is coming from a Lakers fan

its like your argueing against yourself. you say that heat are stacked and lebron didn't need this amount of help, its not even fair according to you.
but then you say if the second best players goes down with a injury they have zero chance in winning the finals? 

You're not getting it. After these dudes have been playing together for 3 years now, if one of them were to go down, like Wade especially, they wouldn't win this years championship. They'd make it there but they wouldn't be able to win. If anything, I'm praising the Heat team for being that good, they are that good.

But LeBron didn't need this much help, he was good enough and could have won with let's say Bosh and other good role players once that team developed chemistry and played a season or two. But this Miami Heat team is so used to playing with each other they wouldn't know how to win this NBA finals without one of them.

If anything I'm praising LeBron's talent and I'm fully acknowledging just how good LeBron is and the Miami Heat are. It's not a contest anymore. And if they all stay healthy, it'll be the same next year. I'm completely expecting a 3peat.

Last edited:
Breaking news, a team might have trouble if one of their three best players goes down.

Breaking news, a team might have trouble if one of their three best players goes down.

omg-shocked-o.gif

That wasn't the point BigJ and you know it, I know you're trying to get your lulz, but the point was LeBron James was good enough to win multiple championships without Wade and Bosh when he decided to sign with two of the best players on planet in 2010. I get it tho, he was desperate, he had to be.

Last edited:
:lol: you are still not understanding... 2 different things...
rings dont define how great a player is. ( he said that )...
winning a ring for your own person goals is another.. i want to win a ring because i want to win a ring.. not to show you or for you to define how good i am.. its a personal accomplishment...

I agree with this.
I believe LeBron said that because the way it was slated was that "if you are a great player you have multiple rings", thus the career being defined by the rings. But he even made a point to say "that's like saying I would take Robert Horry over Charles Barkley." We all know Chuck was a beast. So I don't think that rings are like the final line in defining someone's career. I mean yeah multiple rings is a testament of how great a player someone is, but I don't necessarily see it as DEFINING someone's career, but it is a big part of it. Idk I may be sounding kind of contradicting haha. Great players are defined by their skill, impact, and dominance of the game. The awards and accomplishments are like, in MOST cases, the "proof"?

I don't think any one player in NBA history is good enough to win a chip w/o the proper supporting cast
and thats what these youngins dont understand...

mj bulls team was LEGIT..if you call this heat team stacked, you gotta call mjs squad stacked...

dont get me started on magic and his all star cast of teammates ...tim duncan needed help...etc etc...

in my lifetime, only dude i seen do it alone was hakeem and dirk...thats it...

but let these kids tell it, kobe played with the dream team, and lebron is on the redeem team...lol..

newsflash :  EVERYBODY NEEDS HELP!!! ask mj how it felt getting booted out the playoffs as the only option...

No one star team has ever won a chip. I can't even say dirk did it by himself because of how great Jason Terry and Co. Played. Jason Terry was definitely on a stars level during that period.

Please, MJ ******g made Scottie

He didn't call up isiah Thomas and say lets be BFF

Jason terry is not a star. Never was.

Rick Barry did it "by himself".

There's a middle ground to doing it alone and joining an Olympic team with incredible role players who could start on other teams.

He plotted. And it always looked like he gave up knowing his bags were packed. That delonte rumor and his magic elbow were just excuses

Last edited:
anthony davis is avging ~ 17/11 and 1.8 blks in just 30 mins a game in march

had he been healthy in the beginning of the season, would we have seen a tighter roy race? :nerd:
yeah man itll be tighter for sure. it was davis' award to lose before the season started but lillard has shown what four years of college ball can do

2nd most points, 2nd most assists, single digit turnovers, most steals, 3rd highest 3 point%, and 50% througout the series. That is star production. He played big during the finals and backed up all of his talk. If he didnt play like he did, they would have lost.

Right so Mike made Scottie into one of the most versatile players in the league at the time even when left to play baseball. Scottie was a shut down defender cuz Mike made him? Phil took Mike off of Magic in 91 and put Scottie on him and that was one of biggest reasons why they won their first ring but Mike made him? Ok.

Gentlemen, I wasn't saying LeBron is so good he could have done it alone, Cleveland showed that. I'm just saying he didn't need this much help in Bosh and Wade.

Lets say 2010 went down like many thought, and Lebron and Bosh joined forces and Wade and Amare went to Miami. LeBron could have done it with Bosh and a good supporting cast.

Wade and Bosh are not a supporting cast, that's an All-Star cast. The rest of the Heat minus the big three are the supporting cast.

As a LeBron fan since high school I was just a little disappointed he joined Wade, I loved it when they went at each other, it was amazing. But hey, LeBron was feeling the pressure, he felt the desperation. Still threw me off tho.

He didn't call up isiah Thomas and say lets be BFF

Jason terry is not a star. Never was.

Rick Barry did it "by himself".

There's a middle ground to doing it alone and joining an Olympic team with incredible role players who could start on other teams.

He plotted. And it always looked like he gave up knowing his bags were packed. That delonte rumor and his magic elbow were just excuses

Scottie almost made the finals without mj tho and dallas had better chemistry

Guarding the best player in the world every day and having that psycho push you mentally, significantly helped his development

As opposed to joining a superstar who did it already. He just wanted that instant gratification. Needed that ring ASAP by any means in his mind

Last edited:
If you have to go way back to Rick Barry (who played w/ future HOF'er Jamaal Wilkes) to make a case that doesn't really refute the point of a player needing the supporting cast.

And now Mike made Scottie :rofl: :rofl:

Don't ever change NT

Last edited:
Nobody said that you don't need a supporting cast. What lebron has is not a "supporting cast" like dirk and Hakeem. He has a supporting cast to go with his super star teammates.

He doesn't like competition. It's all good. He already said its gonna be "easy". So nobody should be shocked at this streak or them coasting. They should be shocked he didn't win in the first year.

Last edited:
Guarding the best player in the world every day and having that psycho push you mentally, significantly helped his development

:lol: So everything was all Mike. Scottie deserves no credit for his own career? His own hard work? I swear some of y'all dudes hold on to Mike for dear life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom