Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok and if we had complete knowledge of what their entire careers would turn out to be would you still pick Shaq? Everytime a player is ranked their entire career is taken into account except for Shaq's. Its always "Prime Shaq>>>>>>>>>>" and thats the end of the line when it comes to him. It really isnt a fair way to go about it, we can do that for anyone and it would make them seem like Gods. If I just took T-Mac's prime years and used those to rank him what would that look like?

I am well aware. Its still my honest opinion and I gave my reasoning for it.
OK.

He won his last championship at 32 and had a few good years after that, didn't start declining until he was like 34. Not all players can continue playing at a superstar level into their late 30s like Kobe and Duncan.

Why is he even starting?

Clippers went down hill when he came back

3rd in the West is not down hill
900x900px-LL-969f2cfc_egwh8l.gif

but I'ma let you finish

Mar 17, 2013 - Check out this high-flying play from lob city as Jamal Crawford comes up with the steal and outlets to Chris Paul who throws the pretty lob pass to Blake Griffin & he finishes the play with the BIG one-handed throw down against the Knicks on Sunday!

Ok and if we had complete knowledge of what their entire careers would turn out to be would you still pick Shaq? Everytime a player is ranked their entire career is taken into account except for Shaq's. Its always "Prime Shaq>>>>>>>>>>" and thats the end of the line when it comes to him. It really isnt a fair way to go about it, we can do that for anyone and it would make them seem like Gods. If I just took T-Mac's prime years and used those to rank him what would that look like?
We were talking about prime/peaks, not careers. And yes I'd still take a rookie Shaq over a rookie Timmy Duncan if I was starting a team today, knowing what we know now.

Leggo Rockets!! 
Harden got the whole team throwing up Bs
We were talking about prime/peaks, not careers. And yes I'd still take a rookie Shaq over a rookie Timmy Duncan if I was starting a team today, knowing what we know now.
We were talking about ranking players all time and thats how we got here. You're entitled to your opinion but I think taking Shaq over Duncan knowing full well how the careers will pan out is crazy. Duncan is still putting up numbers on par with his averages, Shaq couldnt even play 10 minutes in the NBA right now.

Shaq was productive up until the age of 37, his last year in Phx, not as bad as some may think. Comparing Overall length of career, its closer with Shaq and Duncan because Duncans been able to last a little bit longer, but Shaq prime vs Duncan prime is def Shaq. It's not even close. Shaq used to dominate Duncan during those years, it wasn't even fair, and the Spurs had Robinson too. Two seven footers couldn't stop Shaq. Every team he's ever been on during his prime has made it to the finals and he won 4 out of 6. Could have won more if he wasn't such egomaniac.

Antidope, I love Duncan tho, best PF to ever play the game. One of my all time favorite players, this young generation should take notes.

They're really different tho, and they have they're own style, I hate comparing them, it's not fair. But let's say we were starting a fantasy draft of all time greats, I'd pick Shaq. Any GM or basketball historian would say the same thing as well.

Last edited:
I seriously think the Heat are gonna break the 33 straight wins mark. The only challenge they have coming the rest of the way is an away game at San Antonio

Shaq is also 5 years older, so why should we expect him to be playing ten minutes? What Duncan is doing at his age is very impressive and remarkable

Last edited:
Shaq is also 5 years older, so why should we expect him to be playing ten minutes? 
Exactly. Of course he couldn't, he's 41 years old. When he was 36 like Duncan is now he had a pretty good season.

I think Shaq's decline is being overstated.

Last edited:
That Blake alley was crazy , CP3 threw the alley in a disgusting place......nowhere near the rim.

Tim Duncan is better than Shaq, if only for the fact that he actually can still play at this point and had way more highly productive years. That Shaq decline is akin to 50 Cent after the Massacre

You being a little to bias now. Shaq was a fat *** late in his career but his dominance from ORL to LA to his first 2 years in MIA > Duncan's career.

The 50 comparison is way off.

Exactly. Of course he couldn't, he's 41 years old. When he was 36 like Duncan is now he had a pretty good season.

I think Shaq's decline is being overstated.

exactly. gotta remember that 08-09 season in PHX. Shaq hit the fountain of youth that year and had a great season compared to the past couple years prior to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom