Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Bosh video bombs LeBron James (3.17.13)

Bosh fake punches King James during post game interview. Miami Heat defeat the Toronto Raptors to win their 22nd straight game. nba like a bosh

damn Larry Saunders got fined for 50k 
mean.gif

Would yall say the Knicks are better without Amar'e?

I sometimes think the Kings as a hole play better without DMC 
ohwell.gif

Bosh fake punches King James during post game interview. Miami Heat defeat the Toronto Raptors to win their 22nd straight game. nba like a bosh

These ****** don't have a care in the world :lol: they aren't even worried about who they're playing :smh: this team is truly special. They're on a 20 plus game win streak and aren't even trying.

Credit to you all who can still watch NBA heavily during march :lol:

LOL Man You can only hate these guys if your team is trash.
These guys just out there having fun and winning....smh....must be nice

crazy how the knicks are .5 in the atlantic. i thought they were gonna run away with it when they were 18-5. imagine if they didnt have that streak. they would probably be 5-7 seed

It's just too easy for the Heat. They saw this coming years ago, thats why they joined forces. The chemistry level is just as high as it can ever be. Wade's been killing it too now that he's healthy.

luxury tax payments over the course of ten years:
Wow. This is awesome. The Knicks
roll.gif

roll.gif

What separates Duncans game from a center? He's a PF/C for his career.

People like to stick to the PF label so they can say he's the greatest 4 of all time. Either way he's one if the best of all time
He is a 4 though. He played 5 a lot just cause thats what the rotations were. Melo played a ton of 4 this year, we arent going to start calling him a 4 are we?
I don't care where he's ranked. One of the greatest big men ever, that's enough distinction for me.
pimp.gif

So where would he rank amongst the all time great centers? Either he's the best PF or the 2nd or 3rd best center
It's much tougher sledding to get on that all time center list.

Shaq
Wilt
Kareem
Hakeem
Russell

Honestly don't think he's better than any of them. It's arguable of course. But greatest PF of all time? Sure

Rudy always plays well against Lebron and Durant. But for some reason stinks it up against lesser comp.
mean.gif
Tim Duncan is better than Shaq, if only for the fact that he actually can still play at this point and had way more highly productive years. That Shaq decline is akin to 50 Cent after the Massacre

Tim Duncan is better than Shaq, if only for the fact that he actually can still play at this point and had way more highly productive years. That Shaq decline is akin to 50 Cent after the Massacre

:stoneface: I think thats being very bias being that your a Spurs fan.

Last edited:
Thought this was interesting that he said this

Spurs coach Popovich says he wouldn’t want his team to go through another 20-game win streak

From Marc Stein of ESPN.com:

“I don’t want to win 20 games in a row [again]. Now that might sound … ‘Well, who wouldn’t want to do that?’ [But] it’s too much of a grind. I was hoping for a loss [in last season's playoffs]. I thought about doing things to make sure we get a loss here and there, but you can’t do that to your team.”

Pop, though, was careful to explain that a 20-game win streak for the Spurs — in comparison to the 20 consecutive victories that Miami lugged Friday night into Milwaukee — created such a weight because of when it was happening, with half of those W’s coming during the playoffs.

Reason being: “When you win that many games in a row,” Pop contends, “… you’re very likely going to lose [up] to three games when that thing is done. It’s just such a letdown. And in the playoffs you can’t afford that. Not against a team that is as young and talented as Oklahoma City.”

It’s an interesting way of looking at it, because one would think that by putting together a streak like that to end the season and then continuing it into the third round of the playoffs, a team would be peaking at just the right time.

Popovich knows the ins and outs of the game and the mental ways different things can affect his players better than anyone, however, so we’ll just have to take his word for it that a winning streak of that length entering the postseason isn’t the best way to navigate the path to a title.

I would never think to compare the 2 of em, their style is so different a comparison never came to mind.

Shaq is a legit center, ive never viewed Duncan as a center he seems like a center by default......like ok hes this height so lets call him a center.

I'd take a prime Shaq over Duncan
anyone with basketball sense would take Prime Shaq over anyone in the NBA
Ok and if we had complete knowledge of what their entire careers would turn out to be would you still pick Shaq? Everytime a player is ranked their entire career is taken into account except for Shaq's. Its always "Prime Shaq>>>>>>>>>>" and thats the end of the line when it comes to him. It really isnt a fair way to go about it, we can do that for anyone and it would make them seem like Gods. If I just took T-Mac's prime years and used those to rank him what would that look like?
indifferent.gif
I think thats being very bias being that your a Spurs fan.
I am well aware. Its still my honest opinion and I gave my reasoning for it.
Tim Duncan better than shaq???
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Not a chance in hell.
OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom