Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they make the playoffs it means they're on somewhat of a roll... and I wouldn't particularly want to play a team with Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, and Dwight Howard while they're on a roll.

last year without dwight and okc had harden, the lakers in particular kobe,choke two of those games late in the 4th when they had the lead.

so its not a stretch to say the lakers have a chance against okc.

as for the spurs thats a different story. they are super deep

I'm a Laker fan and I agree with both of these statements. I honestly think San Antonio is probably going to be too much for us (although looking back on that Spurs v. Grizzlies series gives me hope). Either way right now I think I can speak for any Laker fan when I say were just tryna get IN the Playoffs right now. I think the game tonight can go a long way for our confidence though.

Since Tony Parker took over the reigns his role has been diminished to the point that I almost forgot that the was James Harden before James Harden existed. The plays Manu is making right now are simply amazing.

They are definitely not a three seed this year.

You don't get it either :lol:

If they make the playoffs the caliber of ball that they would have to play is top 3 seed worthy.

So if they get in, that would mean that at the start of the playoffs, they would be playing like a top 3 seeded team.

Regular season ball and playoff ball are COMPLETELY different. What makes you think they can with in the playoffs with _'Antoni?

You don't even get it. If they get into the playoffs, that will mean that they are playing excellent ball.
Well considering that their remaining schedule is split almost evenly between playoff & non-playoff teams, it could just mean that they went slightly below .500 vs. the remaining playoff teams on their schedule, but throttle the remaining sub .500 teams left on their schedule.

Last edited:
And your team got older and slower. So there's nothing to hang your hat on besides homerism to have any type of hope in a potential series against OKC. Lakers would get ran out of the building

Wouldn't go that far. Like I said, if they play OKC in the first round that would mean LA is playing excellent ball.

I wouldn't count out Kobe, Nash, Dwight, Pau, Metta when they are playing well and in sync no matter who they play.

I don't know if I would say LA would win per say, but "Ran out of the building?" Nah I wouldn't go that far.

Best case scenario is L.A. squeaks into the postseason and promptly gets dismantled by the Spurs or Thunder.

Regular season ball and playoff ball are COMPLETELY different. What makes you think they can with in the playoffs with _'Antoni?

D'antoni isn't the best coach however, with a team that LA has composed, playing well, they would have more than a viable shot with any coach at the helm.

And your team got older and slower. So there's nothing to hang your hat on besides homerism to have any type of hope in a potential series against OKC. Lakers would get ran out of the building

Wouldn't go that far. Like I said, if they play OKC in the first round that would mean LA is playing excellent ball.

I wouldn't count out Kobe, Nash, Dwight, Pau, Metta when they are playing well and in sync no matter who they play.

I don't know if I would say LA would win per say, but "Ran out of the building?" Nah I wouldn't go that far.

But again, that isn't true. Keep beating the Hornets caliber *** teams and losing to the playoff teams and you can still get in.

Squeaking out wins against Minnesota, New Orleans, and Charlotte doesn't constitute being on a roll or excellent ball.

If LA makes it into the playoffs they are losing in the first round. That is it. Theres no wolf in sheeps clothing story, they are not good enough to beat any of the top 3 seeds. 

Like Shaq said yesterday, if the Lakers want to somehow get out of the 1st round...they have to get all the way up to the 6th seed for a chance. They're not getting past OKC or San Antonio. Both those teams would need catastrophic injuries to lose that early.
last year without dwight and okc had harden, the lakers in particular kobe,choke two of those games late in the 4th when they had the lead.

so its not a stretch to say the lakers have a chance against okc.

as for the spurs thats a different story. they are super deep
Forget last year...did you see yesterday's game?
laugh.gif
They just don't match up well with them. Scott Brooks is gonna have his thumb up his *** and it won't even matter. Lakers aren't built to beat that team...plus they'd have to deal with that home-court advantage.

The 8 man rotations and Kobe playing 40 minutes every night HAS to catch up at some point though. I know Kobe ain't human and he plays through everything...but they need him to do too much for them to win. He's gonna have his bad nights and then they're ******.

If LA makes it into the playoffs they are losing in the first round. That is it. Theres no wolf in sheeps clothing story, they are not good enough to beat any of the top 3 seeds. 

im a laker fan but i concur. the maddening part about it is that they have the talent, but everything else needed to be great is missing (heart, smarts, DEFENSE, etc). the fact that they can only put it together for like, 1/2 a game drives me nuts :smh:

I don't think anyone has called them favorites against OKC/San Antonio/LAC or even giving them good odds... People aren't blowing things out of proportion... yet

Any team has a chance against any other team in the playoffs... even if it's small... If the Lakers make the playoffs, it so happens they have Kobe, Nash, and Dwight. I would always be fearful that they could turn it on, even if they've shown zero evidence of it. Not enough to bet my house that they'd be competitive, but a slim chance.

None of these teams are invincible, so in the end it's not super far-fetched to think another playoff team can at least have a chance.

Edit: and fans of every team in the bottom of the playoff race would be singing the same "slim chance" song as Laker fans... it's just not as apparent cause there aren't many on this board.

Last edited:
After that debacle series vs The Mavs with Phil Jackson, idk about winning a series D'Antoni the playoffs is a whole new season high level, teams turn it up a notch it's not the same. If they can't play defense or even show they can beat a top team forget it!!!! Mind this is coming from a lakers fan but a realist, the way we got swept by the Mavs that yr, this def is even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom