Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why were all the Hornets players stacked up on the wrong side of the court during the inbounds play, how does an NBA team do something like that? HOW????!?!?

Anyone actually think the Lakers making it out of the first round? (Objective and not a Lakers fan)

Will give any team a run for their money. This team is not your typical 8th seed. They were supposed to be a top 3 seed. If they make the playoffs, that means that they will be rolling going into the postseason. Who wants to play a top 3 seed in the first round disguised as a #8 seed?

I'm sayin

So many things wrong with this statement.

My man, no one is disguised as anything in the NBA :lol:

You are what your record says you are. Plain and simple. If we're talking about matchups, thats a different story. But to say they're a 3 seed disguised as an 8 is stupid.

And we all know a Mike D'Antoni team doesn't play enough defense to win in the post season.

You don't even get it. If they get into the playoffs, that will mean that they are playing excellent ball. Do you really want to play a team lead by Dwight, Kobe, Pau, and Nash that's playing well? They are playing much better than their record suggest which is why that 8th seed would not be an accurate representation of who they are at the end of april going into the playoffs.

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/302166/width/500/height/1000[/IMG

[quote]You don't even get it. If they get into the playoffs, that will mean that they are playing excellent ball. [B]Do you really want to play a team lead by Dwight, Kobe, Pau, and Nash that's playing well? [/B]They are playing much better than their record suggest which is why that 8th seed would not be an accurate representation of who they are at the end of april going into the playoffs.[/quote]As a Thunder fan, absolutely. 5 game series at best.

And to make the playoffs, they don't have to play 60 win pace basketball., quit exaggerating. They have to play a better winning pace than 9 through 11. They can get in playing like 500 ball, if Houston and Utah don't do better, which isn't the same pace as the Thunder or Spurs. Stop that

Last edited:
Like Shaq said yesterday, if the Lakers want to somehow get out of the 1st round...they have to get all the way up to the 6th seed for a chance. They're not getting past OKC or San Antonio. Both those teams would need catastrophic injuries to lose that early.

Kobe played the entire 2nd half.
laugh.gif
eek.gif
mean.gif
Dude's legs are gonna fall off one day and Mike D'Antoni is gonna pick them up, put 'em back on him and tell him to go back in.

Almost worse than the inbounds was when all 5 Hornets defenders were on the opposite side of the court from Jodie Meeks... and it wasn't even transition... and he hit a 3 to bring them within seven

Marc Gasol is so damn good

18.8ppg, 9.6rpg, 5.3apg on 60% shooting the last 6. Anchoring the best defensive team in the West and locking down opposing big men.

Held Aldridge to 2-13 tonight. Held Lopez to 3-10. Dirk 4-11. Vucevic 5-15 (2 games).

No other center I'm taking over him RIGHT NOW.

Lakers will make the playoffs and give whoever they play a series. Like someone said, they were supposed to be a top team in the West but haven't lived up to the expectations yet. They obviously have the talent so it wouldn't be a shocker if they end up passing the first round, imo. If they go further than that though, I'll be surprised.

They are definitely not a three seed this year.

You don't get it either :lol:

If they make the playoffs the caliber of ball that they would have to play is top 3 seed worthy.

So if they get in, that would mean that at the start of the playoffs, they would be playing like a top 3 seeded team.

My league pass must be tripping ;the Dallas vs rockets game is halfway through the fourth and my stream is still in the 3rd.

If Lakers get farther than the Clippers (somehow), will that guy used to be a Laker fan but hopped on Clipper bandwagon turn back to Laker fan?

Like Shaq said yesterday, if the Lakers want to somehow get out of the 1st round...they have to get all the way up to the 6th seed for a chance. They're not getting past OKC or San Antonio. Both those teams would need catastrophic injuries to lose that early.

last year without dwight and okc had harden, the lakers in particular kobe,choke two of those games late in the 4th when they had the lead.

so its not a stretch to say the lakers have a chance against okc.

as for the spurs thats a different story. they are super deep

Last edited:
D'antoni is a damn grnius when it comes to drawing up plays out of timeouts. Lakers almost always get open looks and I'm almost positive he put 6 players on the court intentionally to confuse the pelicans

Anyone actually think the Lakers making it out of the first round? (Objective and not a Lakers fan)

If they make the playoffs it means they're on somewhat of a roll... and I wouldn't particularly want to play a team with Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, and Dwight Howard while they're on a roll.

last year without dwight and okc had harden, the lakers in particular kobe,choke two of those games late in the 4th when they had the lead.

so its not a stretch to say the lakers have a chance against okc.

as for the spurs thats a different story. they are super deep

And your team got older and slower. So there's nothing to hang your hat on besides homerism to have any type of hope in a potential series against OKC. Lakers would get ran out of the building

Last edited:
They got what they deserved, for being named the "Pelicans"

Bean went nuts :pimp: (refuse to call another grown *** man Vino tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom