Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what the league should do is fine the ref(s) who called it a flagrant 2 or demote him/them

that kind of nonsense just chews away at the integrity of the sport. whatever's left of it

Still no word on Ibaka? If they don't suspend him I guess the new precedent will be that you can wind up and sock a guy in his balls without getting ejected and without getting suspended. I'm all aboard the "the league makes no sense/the league is soft" boat, but you're really not going to suspend Ibaka? Lol

Last edited:
How is JR the MIP if he's doing the same shot he's always done.

Suspect shot selection and mental errors.

JR had a good start for the year and people think he's been playing like that all year. It's the same reason people were talking about him as a potential all-star. He's shooting under 40% (33% from 3) and this is arguably his worst year in quite awhile. He's just shooting more and playing more minutes. You know he's not playing defense to make up for those bad shooting numbers.

For the record, saying there might be players who work as hard as Kobe just without the story behind him isn't an insult... but simply an observation. As a superstar in the public light for most of his career, he's going to have my stories behind him than a less popular star player or just your average NBA starter. Either Kobe is the only  player with his kind of work ethic... or more than likely, he's one of many with tremendous dedication, but he's one of the few who gets that story told most often.

There are plenty who don't do a thing in the offseason, who don't take daily practices seriously, and so on, so yes... we should definitely emphasize and praise those who dedicate so much of their lives to the game, but let's not pretend Kobe is the only one. And I'm a big Kobe fan, too.
Couldn't have said it better my self. I didn't post the article to imply that no one works as hard as Kobe, but because it's motivating to read about people (famous or not) who are willing to give up so much to be good at what they do.

I didn't take it as such, but was a direct response to people saying "no one works as hard as him".

Last edited:
I'm sure there are people working as hard as Kobe does in the gym. Doesn't diminish his dedication and he shouldn't be respected any less because unknown persons may be working just as tirelessly.

Ibaka cleared. No suspension. :lol:

Ron is going to punch that dude in the nuts so hard tonight, and then play tomorrow. :pimp: :lol:

:lol:

Recognizing a narrative in the media doesn't make me respect him less. It's not even a criticism of Kobe.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Recognizing a narrative in the media doesn't make me respect him less. It's not even a criticism of Kobe.
this

i said it years ago to a homie, how barry bonds got older,better and bigger and everyone said it was steriods, Roger clemens got older,better and bigger and ESPN and 60 minutes made specials about how great of a work out warrior he was.

both where work out warriors that end up taken steriods but the meida hated one guy and love the next. it was a narrative behind it

For being an outgoing personality who has been in the spotlight for awhile.. Dwight constantly puts his foot in his mouth. He could use a refresher course on "How to not say stupid things"

:lol:

I didn't meant to imply that you specifically felt this way, more so that some would take it as a means to minimize the work ethic.

I just hope Ellis and/or Tyreke can get on a team that's actually worth something next season. Nice to see Ellis having some success and putting those high assist numbers up at the SG position, shooting 46% the last 10 games (50% the last 5), averaging over 3 steals, 5 boards and 20+ ppg. Last 5 games, 24/8/4/4/51%

"monta ellis hav it all"
laugh.gif
Neither are ever gonna be a main piece on a team that's worth something, unless they can completely change up their game style...

Ellis, needs to be a more efficient scorer (like shooting 46% over his last 10 games). Son thinks he's Kobe jacking up 30 shots a game...... 

Tyreke, taking off the blinders when he drives and being able to facilitate other than when he's in the air and realizes he's drawn 4 defenders.... also he needs to learn to shoot off the bounce. He's actually shot a surprising 47% from the field and about 36% from beyond the arc. His catch and shoot is actually pretty effective, but anything off the dribble that isn't a layup is no bueno.

Neither are ever gonna be a main piece on a team that's worth something, unless they can completely change up their game style...

Ellis, needs to be a more efficient scorer (like shooting 46% over his last 10 games). Son thinks he's Kobe jacking up 30 shots a game...... 

Tyreke, taking off the blinders when he drives and being able to facilitate other than when he's in the air and realizes he's drawn 4 defenders.... also he needs to learn to shoot off the bounce. He's actually shot a surprising 47% from the field and about 36% from beyond the arc. His catch and shoot is actually pretty effective, but anything off the dribble that isn't a layup is no bueno.
He needs to go back to his playing off ball days, when he just used to cut and spot up with the occasional iso, When he first came in that's all he used to do and he was super efficient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom