Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray Allen was gettin all pissed because JJ was guarding him like a BAUSSS!  Because Allen got pissed and practically shoved JJ making him almost fall backwards while Ray Allen made his attempt to drive JJ ran his chest into his shoulders. Allen shouldn't have been so aggressive because JJ was guarding him good.

Last edited:
“I just have one question to ask the league,” Adelman said afterward. “Why is that a flagrant 2 tonight and the other night [Sunday against Golden State] Jarrett Jack hit [Greg] Stiemsma in the stomach with a forearm and that was a flagrant 1? I would just like to know the difference. That changed the whole game tonight.”

I think he knows the difference lol

I get all the times switched up, but Minnesota could have Love, Rubio AND Curry right now, right this second if they drafted properly? Is that correct?

Rubio could be runnin around with Love and Curry to worry about, at the same time? That was an option?

Sonofa..... :smh:

Get them an Asik type C, and a wing defender 3 and that team would be a ***** to deal with. That could have been epic fun to watch, damn man.

So the Warriors aren't going to be the only team rocking the sleeved jerseys, right?

Can you imagine Dwight Howard, with all of his accessories, wearing sleeved jerseys?

Ibaka blatantly punching blake in the balls = Flagrant 1

Barea knocks Ray Allen down with his chest = Flagrant 2

#DhatLogic

"I get hit harder than that every night, I don’t want to fight. Bynum almost knocked me out for rest of my life, I didn’t get up crying"

lol

Oh and I didn't realize Ed Malloy was involved last night. No wonder. He's the NBA's new go to guy. He always surrounded by shady or incompetent calls.

Reminds me of this billboard after the 2011 chip

"My ribs might hurt, but for Kobe, it's his ego"

I've been a professional athletic trainer for about 16 years and have been able to work with a range of athletes from the high school to professional level. Right now I run in a clinic in Cincinnati and have most recently been training with some players on the Bengals.

I've been seeing the videos of Kobe's most recent dunks and the comments you guys have had to share I decided I might as well chime in what I know about the man. And let me just state by saying that this story doesn't touch on anything we don't know about Kobe but rather that he simply is not human when he is working on his craft.

I was invited to Las Vegas this past Summer to help Team USA with their conditioning before they head off to London, and as we know they would eventually bring home the Gold (USA). I've had the opportunity to work with Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade in the past but this would be my first interaction with Kobe. We first met three days before the first scrimmage, on the day of the first practice, early July. It was a brief conversation where we talked about conditioning, where he would like to be by the end of the Summer, and we talked a little bit about the hustle of the Select Team. Then he got my number and I let him know that if he ever wanted some extra training he could hit me up any time.

The night before the first scrimmage I remember I was just watched "Casablanca" for the first time and it was about 3:30 AM. I lay in bed, slowly fading away when I hear my cell ring. It was Kobe. I nervously picked up.
"Hey, uhh Rob, I hope I'm not disturbing anything right?"
"Uhh no, what's up Kob?"
"Just wondering if you could just help me out with some conditioning work, that's all."
I checked my clock. 4:15 AM.
"Yeah sure, I'll see you in the facility in a bit."
It took me about twenty minutes to get my gear and out of the hotel. When I arrived and opened the room to the main practice floor I saw Kobe. Alone. He was drenched in sweat as if he had just taken a swim. It wasn't even 5AM. We did some conditioning work for the next hour and fifteen minutes. Then we entered the weight room, where he would do a multitude of strength training exercises for the next 45 minutes. After that we parted ways and he went back to the practice floor to shoot. I went back to the hotel and crashed. Wow.
I was expected to be at the floor again at about 11 AM. I woke up feeling sleepy, drowsy, and almost pretty much every side effect of sleep deprivation. Thanks, Kobe. I had a bagel and headed to the practice facility.

This next part I remember very vividly. All the Team USA players were there, feeling good for the first scrimmage. LeBron was talking to Carmelo if I remember correctly and Coach Krzyzewski was trying to explain something to Kevin Durant. On the right side of the practice facility was Kobe by himself shooting jumpers. And this is how our next conversation went -- I went over to him, patted him on the back and said, "Good work this morning."
"Huh?"
"Like, the conditioning. Good work."
"Oh. Yeah, thanks Rob. I really appreciate it."
"So when did you finish?"
"Finish what?"
"Getting your shots up. What time did you leave the facility?"
"Oh just now. I wanted 800 makes so yeah, just now."
My jaw dropped. Mother of holy God. It was then that I realized that there's no surprise to why he's been as effective as he was last season. Every story about his dedication, every quote that he's said about hard work all came together and hit me like a train. It's no surprise to me now that he's dunking on players ten years younger than him and it wasn't a surprise to me earlier this year when he led the league in scoring.
Thanks for reading and allowing me to share you my Kobe Bryant story. If anyone has any questions I can clarify. Sorry if the story was at all hard to follow as this is my first time on reddit.
Rob.

:pimp:

"My team in Orlando was a team full of people that nobody wanted," Howard said, "and I was their leader."

Not sure what Dwight gains from saying this.

Last edited:
A recent story about Kobe's work ethic

Nah other players aint working like that

Yeah man, that flying body blow scissorkick from the chihuahua is flagrant 2 worthy. You right.

7fcfc683a35dc1ed0898836eebc66a30_large

Ray Allen let JJ do that to him? Come on acting JJ has the strength of Shaq or something. :lol:

It was a hard foul and thats all. Its borderline if it shouldve even been a flagrant one

Hate on Kobe all you want, but the competitive drive and work ethic are undeniable. I can respect any man that strives to be the best at his trade.

Hate on Kobe all you want, but the competitive drive and work ethic are undeniable. I can respect any man that strives to be the best at his trade.
one of the few people in the league i would pay a ridiculous amount for a ticket to see in person. as if the tickets were not high enuff as is for decent seat....

Yo, real talk. Jamelle Hill was spot on. Britney Griners post moves > Dwight's. I just seen the highlights, this broad is taking turn around jumpers from the high post. Haha.

Dwight :smh:

I've gotten to see every player live the last 2 seasons and Kobe was the most entertaining out of the bunch. He beat us last year and almost brought the lakers back single-handedly earlier this season.

LeBron is still my favorite player to watch on tv but I was glad Inwas able to watch kobe live a few times before he retires.

Idk how JJ Barea got a flagrant 2 for that but I'm glad he did. That was a punk move which shouldn't surprise anyone. If Barea had a career-ending injury his next game, the NBA would be a better place. Hope he has an extremely successful post-nba career.

Dwight needs to get over himself... Step your game up on the court an help your team make the playoffs

Stop being such a little b and man up .

I've gotten to see every player live the last 2 seasons and Kobe was the most entertaining out of the bunch. He beat us last year and almost brought the lakers back single-handedly earlier this season.

LeBron is still my favorite player to watch on tv but I was glad Inwas able to watch kobe live a few times before he retires.

Idk how JJ Barea got a flagrant 2 for that but I'm glad he did. That was a punk move which shouldn't surprise anyone. If Barea had a career-ending injury his next game, the NBA would be a better place. Hope he has an extremely successful post-nba career.[/quote]

the **** did JJ Barea do to you? sheesh

I just hope Ellis and/or Tyreke can get on a team that's actually worth something next season. Nice to see Ellis having some success and putting those high assist numbers up at the SG position, shooting 46% the last 10 games (50% the last 5), averaging over 3 steals, 5 boards and 20+ ppg. Last 5 games, 24/8/4/4/51%

"monta ellis hav it all"
laugh.gif
I remember when he would have stretches like this at Golden State. The season where he got traded he was putting up career highs and got zero love. Glad to see him finally getting some recognition. Hes as good as D Wade at this point
"My team in Orlando was a team full of people that nobody wanted," Howard said, "and I was their leader."

Not sure what Dwight gains from saying this.
He gets to draw more attention to himself, all while critisizing others, what more could Dwight Howard want? Thats all he cares about doing.
“I just have one question to ask the league,” Adelman said afterward. “Why is that a flagrant 2 tonight and the other night [Sunday against Golden State] Jarrett Jack hit [Greg] Stiemsma in the stomach with a forearm and that was a flagrant 1? I would just like to know the difference. That changed the whole game tonight.”

I think he knows the difference lol
I wonder if the league is going to respond to this. Its gaining a bunch of steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom