Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
but I guess guys were only athletic starting in 2004.

by the way the fastest NFL combine time was run in 1986, with a time of 4.12

but nah those guys werent very athletic
and jessie owens held a record for damn near ages...still doesnt mean the average track star, or track runners of that era were at the level they were at lets say a micheal johnson era.

Example bird by many was considered the best, leagues ahead of any player in his era at the 3 ball. He was a 40.1% shooter... Um is that even top 5 or even top 10 in todays game? He was considered a very good team defender. Could he really rotate and keep a dirk, durant, love etc... from dominating offensively?

Like i said yea you had rodmans.... but you had waaaaaaaaay more players on the level of a laphonso ellis. plus lets not act like rodman had a complete game... granted he dominated defensively...mainly rebounding, but how many players did he guard outside of the paint? how many players did he have to meet to defend from 20 ft from the basket. How many players did he have to fight through screens to prevent them from shooting the jumper?

Hell how many players his size in that era...had a legitimate overall game? Could pass fairly well, outside of passing out the post? Could handle the ball effieciently? Could pull up and shoot from the perimeter? Could initiate the offense? And if he had to guard players like this on a regular basis would he still get the amount of rebounds he did in his prime?

i havent heard anyone talk about this award

whos gonna win? hes leading right now?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
He probably will win...althought i dont think he should. When is the last time a non big man one a dpoy..ron artist? in a time when there was a drought of big men.

did this dude just say the "jordan rules" were the refs giving him favorable treatment?

This thread/discussion is ridiculous
My bad, My bad I didn't know :lol: I'm just going to leave and go the NFL Draft thread now..:frown:

Last edited:
Lebron would not be playing this good if he played during the 90's. Idc what anybody says.

Lebron is playing in an era where in terms of quality, this may be the worst the league has ever seen.

No fault, Lebron is the greatest in the world but just stating my opinion.

Jordan also played in an era where big men were in an abundance. 90% of the big men today are terrible and no where near as physical.

Lebron never drove the ball to the hoop against a Hakeem, David Robinson, Ewing, Mutombo, even a Mason or Oakley. Same **** wouldnt fly back then.

Last edited:
Humans can be traced back to at least 200,000 thousand years ago.

According to some NTalkers and their theories, supreme athletic evolution has developed in the past 20 years. Some of ya'll are geniuses.

Jordan also played in an era where big men were in an abundance. 90% of the big men today are terrible and no where near as physical.

Lebron never drove the ball to the hoop against a Hakeem, David Robinson, Ewing, Mutombo, even a Mason or Oakley. Same **** wouldnt fly back then.

basically

Lebron would not be playing this good if he played during the 90's. Idc what anybody says.

Lebron is playing in an era where in terms of quality, this may be the worst the league has ever seen.

No fault, Lebron is the greatest in the world but just stating my opinion.
I agree 100%.  If defenders were allowed to play REAL pressure defense like the 90s on Lebron and not be worried about touch fouls, I don't believe he would be as dominate IMO.  His ball handling would have to improve to deal with the extreme pressure he would face.  Although it was not that serious, the defense Kobe played on Lebron at the end of the ASG would be the type of pressure he would face in the 90s on a daily.  I believe Kobe is probaly the only 1 in the league who be allowed to pressure Lebron like that in today's game because the refs respect him, anybody else, it's a foul. 

Dudes over here talking about who's arrogant and stuff :lol:

Female tendencies :lol: :smh:

Who gives a **** who's arrogant or not.

Dudes over here talking about who's arrogant and stuff :lol:

Female tendencies :lol: :smh:

Who gives a **** who's arrogant or not.

I'm reading this **** like huh? :lol:

Stop cluttering the thread with comparisons that are impossible to make between players who played different positions in different eras.

Rockets are going to be one of the most fun teams to watch for the next 5 years

thats a decieving untruth... players playing the four etc... and many centers were like 6'7-6'10. Um thats like small forward size in todays game. So its hard to say a mason would dominant in todays game considering his size would have him at a three.

And ewing. hakeem etc...were players who played moreso like the style of todays nba game. The hybrid of large men that have an overall game...and can play outside of up under the basket.

I agree they were more physical, but physical isnt a skillset or talent, you either are big or your not. You cant coach, develop 6'8 265lbs. Thats not a talent that can be developed.

Having the size physicality to prevent a player backing you in the lane... and keeping players out the post would serve no purpose seeing as the game is more perimeter now then it was then. What good is a mason prevent a melo from backing him down under the basket, if melo is going iso, running screens and shooting from the perimeter?

Those dudes were effective because at the time players of that size played with more physicality then finesse. Buck williams was a good defender because he could prevent guys from backing him down in the lane. and stopping them from dropping down low in the post. Aint like he was running out chasing guys away from a 18 ft jumper. Its not like he fought through screens 15 ft away from the basket on a nightly basis like he would have to in todays game.

Also the league average for fg% was .437 while it is currently at .450.... despite this era of players shoot from the perimeter 17% higher then the era of big men. So despite them having more big men, who typically took more shots around the basket, they still shot at a lower rate then they do today. Not to mention the 3 pt percentage is 3 percent higher and the assist to turnover rate is lower by 2 percent...even with more players of the big man size today handling the ball then back in that era.

Last edited:
Hakeem's midrange game was wet in that video. My goodness what a drop off of talent at the center position these days :smh:

I agree 100%.  If defenders were allowed to play REAL pressure defense like the 90s on Lebron and not be worried about touch fouls, I don't believe he would be as dominate IMO.  His ball handling would have to improve to deal with the extreme pressure he would face.  Although it was not that serious, the defense Kobe played on Lebron at the end of the ASG would be the type of pressure he would face in the 90s on a daily.  I believe Kobe is probaly the only 1 in the league who be allowed to pressure Lebron like that in today's game because the refs respect him, anybody else, it's a foul. 

The way the ASG was reffed is better than the regular season.

When you let players actually guard lebron and not call a flagrant from breathing on him, he's a different player

I think Kobe's improved post game and footwork can be attributed to Hakeem's lessons

In the post most definitely.

I feel like he's one of the few that actually uses those lessons on a daily basis still. He really grasped what The Dream was preachin. Amare? Not so much. :tongue:

Does anyone know if LeBron did any off-season work with Hakeem? I would like to see a video of that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom