Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron is a complete player. Kobe and Mike can score at will but they were never able to rebound the ball like Lebron. They were never able to assist like Lebron. Lebron can guard all positions and make it difficult for the opposing team's star player. I'm not knocking down anybody but all I'm saying is Lebron is the real deal. He's not over hyped because he is the best in game right now. Hes a humble dude who never said he was the best but if he did, nobody can tell him otherwise.

Son...

LeBron is like the least humble superstar in the league. Srs.

I guess you never heard of Kobe Bryant

Michael Doleac :rofl: you're just naming names for the sake of it. Dude was and is a prototypical stuff big man center. In what works would he ever guard a mobile 6'8 SF? Plus he played till 2008. You act like the dude is old as dirt and didn't play in this era.

Don't you ever disrespect Michael Doleac ever again.
but thats my point dudes 6'8 6'9 etc... werent as mobile and skilled as they are today. It wasnt till the big wave of foreign players and and the current elders of the nba...the kg's, duncans etc...lamar odoms did you see the bigger players with mobility, agility and skill set.

The bad boy pistons were called bad boys for a reason...and it was because of how bad ****... they were in rotating, and movement on the defensive end. It was cause they basically used physicality and brute force, size to stop opponents. If you guys really think a kevin duckworth could rotate on defense and keep up with a kevin durant...lol your crazy. I would love to see a danny manning try to guard stoudamire, do you honestly believe terry cummings would even have close to a chance guarding carmelo anthony?

Maybe in the old days of if i cant use skilll set, footwork, agility, and ill just simply beat them possibly. But in todays game lol not a chance in hell. I just cant legitimately say pervis ellison has a shot at guarding kevin love, or even scoring on kevin love. I know its all opinion based but i dont think the derrick colemans, antonio davis's, chris gaitlings would be all star starters, hell all stars even in todays game. 

MJ averaged atleast 6 assists 6 times in his career, and atleast 6 rebounds 8 times....so obviously you're just talking just to talk

lebron can live off his athleticism and amazing first step for now. it's later in his career is when we will see if he has great footwork

Basketball was a LOT more physical in Jordans era. That fact alone earns Jordan more respect in my book. The league is all about protecting their assets so there's no way they would allow that type of physicality these days.

Lebron's footwork, ball handling and fluidity are nowhere near Jordans, wade or kobe's.

Lebron may be the most efficient ever, but not the most skilled by a long shot. His athleticism gives him an advantage over everyone in life. His skillset is definitely above average, but nowhere near the best.
You say Jordan played in a more physical era, but I have often heard people say that there were "Jordan Rules" where he got favorably treatment from Refs. Never watch Jordan with the bulls so I didn't personally see it, but just something I've heard.

I guess you never heard of Kobe Bryant

Kobe is arrogant/borderline sociopathic. Dude doesn't roll around everywhere with a goddamn entourage and wear shirts like this though.

check%20my%20stats2.jpg

Last edited:
Basketball was a LOT more physical in Jordans era. That fact alone earns Jordan more respect in my book. The league is all about protecting their assets so there's no way they would allow that type of physicality these days.

Lebron's footwork, ball handling and fluidity are nowhere near Jordans, wade or kobe's.

Lebron may be the most efficient ever, but not the most skilled by a long shot. His athleticism gives him an advantage over everyone in life. His skillset is definitely above average, but nowhere near the best.
You say Jordan played in a more physical era, but I have often heard people say that there were "Jordan Rules" where he got favorably treatment from Refs. Never watch Jordan with the bulls so I didn't personally see it, but just something I've heard.

Jordan Rules is the defense that the Pistons played against him

Last edited:
MJ averaged atleast 6 assists 6 times in his career, and atleast 6 rebounds 8 times....so obviously you're just talking just to talk
and you dont think the likes of a lebron playing sg couldnt achieve this being guarded by the likes of a nick anderson, john starks, rex chapman lol...... um sure. You act as if jordan physically in terms of size (height, weight) had plenty of competition. In his era there was maybe a handful of players his size... and even fewer with his skillset athletism.... Im not saying jordan wouldnt dominate in todays game.... but im willing to wager more players of his position today could fair well in his era, then players of his era his position could today. Like i said before a monte ellis, joe johnson could do fairly well and put close to similiar numbers being guarded by players like kevin gamble, nate mcmillian, george mccloud.

Not taking away from mj, but the level of competition, size, athletism, etc... at his position was far below where mj was... in any point of his career. Not to mention i dont think mj could legitimately guard any position outside of the first three... and i dont think he could perform at an all star level at any position outside of the 2 and 3.

Not a slight at you, but this comment tells me you have a lot studying/research to do regarding MJ.

Lebron is a complete player. Kobe and Mike can score at will but they were never able to rebound the ball like Lebron. They were never able to assist like Lebron. Lebron can guard all positions and make it difficult for the opposing team's star player. I'm not knocking down anybody but all I'm saying is Lebron is the real deal. He's not over hyped because he is the best in game right now. Hes a humble dude who never said he was the best but if he did, nobody can tell him otherwise.

Son...

LeBron is like the least humble superstar in the league. Srs.

Son really is though lmao. Never realized until you said it

Jordan Rules is the defense that the Pistons played against him
this lol..... that is my point even in mj early days players werent even remotely able from a skillset or athletic ability able to guard jordan. They stopped him with sheer physical play. So when this no longer was allowed, mixed with the lack of skilled and athletic players on the defensive end. He simply dominated.

Lebron dominates not because players arent skilled and lack the athletism...he is simply that good. When a person throws lebron off...it isnt cause the did it using size... its because they use bball iq, skillset etc... to make a good defensive play on him. Not saying those players sucked at all....but that pistons team playing in todays game with todays rules...would get exposed by the likes of a heat, okc etc... they wouldnt even have the foot speed, quickness, agility, defensive rotation skill etc....to stop todays players.

Not a slight at you, but this comment tells me you have a lot studying/research to do regarding MJ.

Son he just said he didnt watch jordan with the Bulls lol

are you implying that there werent great athletes or skilled defenders back then? Have you never heard of John Starks, Gary Payton, Scottie Pippin, Dennis Johnson, Nate Mcmillan, Joe Dumars, Bruce Bowen? All of these guys were outstanding athletes and outstanding defenders....

this idea that guys weren't as athletic back then is ridiculous...have you ever heard of Shawn Kemp?

I relate the Jordan rules to the Hack-a-Shaq. its not that other guys arent good, but if you're the best, and you cant be stopped, then other teams have to take extreme measures to stop you from killing them. Those Pistons were probably the best defensive team in the league

Last edited:
Son he just said he didnt watch jordan with the Bulls lol
in his defense...jordan did get favorable calls...but that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay later in his career... like second championship run years. i did lol a little when he said didnt watch mj with the bulls lol.... thats like saying i can only judge karl malone based on his time with the lakers. Wizards mj was a shell of himself in comparison to heyday mj... Still a decent player, but nowhere near 92-93 mj which to me was his best overall years in terms of peak in athletism, skill, and overall gameplay.

did this dude just say the "jordan rules" were the refs giving him favorable treatment?

This thread/discussion is ridiculous

are you implying that there werent great athletes or skilled defenders back then? Have you never heard of John Starks, Gary Payton, Scottie Pippin, Dennis Johnson, Nate Mcmillan, Joe Dumars, Bruce Bowen? All of these guys were outstanding athletes and outstanding defenders....

this idea that guys weren't as athletic back then is ridiculous...have you ever heard of Shawn Kemp?

I relate the Jordan rules to the Hack-a-Shaq. its not that other guys arent good, but if you're the best, and you cant be stopped, then other teams have to take extreme measures to stop you from killing them. Those Pistons were probably the best defensive team in the league
Add Rodman to that list, he was freak defender also.  Heck even Cliff Robinson was a crazy defender who got better with age which is rare IMO.

and you dont think the likes of a lebron playing sg couldnt achieve this being guarded by the likes of a nick anderson, john starks, rex chapman lol...... um sure. You act as if jordan physically in terms of size (height, weight) had plenty of competition. In his era there was maybe a handful of players his size... and even fewer with his skillset athletism.... Im not saying jordan wouldnt dominate in todays game.... but im willing to wager more players of his position today could fair well in his era, then players of his era his position could today. Like i said before a monte ellis, joe johnson could do fairly well and put close to similiar numbers being guarded by players like kevin gamble, nate mcmillian, george mccloud.

Not taking away from mj, but the level of competition, size, athletism, etc... at his position was far below where mj was... in any point of his career. Not to mention i dont think mj could legitimately guard any position outside of the first three... and i dont think he could perform at an all star level at any position outside of the 2 and 3.

Exactly

again never said there werent but you named a plethera of players, in several different positions... and arguable the best of the best at each position of that era. that be like me saying oh players today are better because kobe prime is better then sherman douglas prime lol. shawn kemp was leagues ahead in terms of athletism in his era. for every one of him there where tons more players like mark blount...players who found a nitch in the league by being physical...aka fouling and straight raping guys in the lane...well thats what it would be in terms of todays game and rules.

E'Twaun Moore is going to have a very good career. Every time I watch him I think this.

P.S. - Walls of text are starting to appear. That's a cue that a new thread needs to be started. Don't dilute this one.

Last edited:
but I guess guys were only athletic starting in 2004.

by the way the fastest NFL combine time was run in 1986, with a time of 4.12

but nah those guys werent very athletic

I actually think he's gonna get DPOY this year. Dwight is hated and the lakers are losing. Tyson chandler isn't as good as last year. Who else is gonna get it?

i havent heard anyone talk about this award

whos gonna win? hes leading right now? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

The Rockets are the unofficial League Pass team of the season.

Ten field goals and seven of them are threes in the first quarter. :lol:

Edit:

Make that eight threes now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom