Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Farrell
laugh.gif
:rofl: hilarious.

yeah Harden is the best SG in the nba right now. :nerd:

PHX :smokin
You're probably a year or two early, Harden isn't better than Kobe yet. At least not according to their season stats or any other measure.

Next year he will be though. Harden has been my favorite player to watch this season, glad his injury wasn't serious.

Last edited:
nobody?

:nerd:

|I

The answer to your question IMO is evolution.

We're seeing it now. Lebron is becoming the best scorer now. Before it was MJ, and other players were before him. The generation that is at present will always have the best players and collection of talent in my eyes. Just the way it is.

So Lebron would be the greatest scorer of all time, or the greatest of this era? I've heard accounts of Jerry West being the greatest scorer, and Kareem as well. Would that mean that each new generation produces a new "greatest ____ of all time"?

So Lebron would be the greatest scorer of all time, or the greatest of this era? I've heard accounts of Jerry West being the greatest scorer, and Kareem as well. Would that mean that each new generation produces a new "greatest ____ of all time"?

Exactly.

For a long time (Until Lebron :lol: ) I've always said that the phrase "Greatest ____ of all time" is really dumb. There's no way to determine that. Let's just say that Yeah Lebron is the greatest scorer of all time now, but how would Jerry west fared if he grew up in the 80's with AAU and new technology and knowledge about weights, health, etc.? How many scoring titled would Jordan have won in a league that has KD, Kobe, Lebron, and Melo to name a few? All of these things skew the best of all time in any regard argument.

However, if you are going to state the best (blank) of all time, it has to be the latest IMO. Lebron is becoming the best of all time. It's all an evolutionary process. No one ever did what Doc was doing until Jordan came along. Now no one has ever done was Lebron is doing. Thus by his career's end, he'll probably be the greatest scorer of all time,especially if he keeps this absurdity up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom