Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see world war II but I still wrote some research papers about it :lol:

I don't see why you can't watch video of the playoffs and make an educated guess. Just by watching old games and reading about the 70's knicks I can confidently say that they were better than the 1999 knicks which I fully remember every moment of or the 1994 knicks which i remember parts of

it's just discussion. it should be in the legacy thread though not here

Last edited:
Soooo...

Would the Raptors be a playoff team if they started the year with Rudy Gay?
nerd.gif
They'd still have terrible deficiencies when it comes to defensive talent.  I'm not sure if the Raptors have a single piece I'd hold on to if I was building a contender, they have drafted really poorly...

Don't know about Valanciunas though.  He playing well?

Lebron has one game where he makes 13/14 layups/dunks and all of sudden he's a more efficient scorer than Jordan? :smh:

Come on bro, Jordan averaged 35 ppg on 54% shooting in an era where defenders could literally hold you. Put Lebron in the NBA in the 80's and your perspective of who's the more efficient scorer will change for sure

They'd still have terrible deficiencies when it comes to defensive talent.  I'm not sure if the Raptors have a single piece I'd hold on to if I was building a contender, they have drafted really poorly...

Don't know about Valanciunas though.  He playing well?

I think since the Raptors hired Colangelo as GM, we've done a decent job drafting.

Demar, Ross, Davis, Jonas are all promising players with a lot of upside.

I think since the Raptors hired Colangelo as GM, we've done a decent job drafting.

Well not one of them looks like a franchise player/star on a contender.  Which is a big deal when you've picked that many times in the top 8.  I'm not high on Derozan either (honestly don't know much about the other guys), because he's a SG who isn't a great shooter.

Well not one of them looks like a franchise player/star on a contender.  Which is a big deal when you've picked that many times in the top 8.  I'm not high on Derozan either (honestly don't know much about the other guys), because he's a SG who isn't a great shooter.
I'm not a fan of these statements, because in the last 5 drafts there's only been like 5 franchise/star players. Hell, in your typical draft you're lucky to have even 1 or 2 star players in that draft.

And even then they are typically a top pick, how much are you going to give up to get that top pick? And is the owner of that top pick even willing to part ways with that pick?

If they do get that stud player, then comes the "can't wait till ________ leaves TO for __________"

Plus, how many times do you think they've actually even drafted in the top 8 in the last decade? Twice. They've drafted in the top 8, twice........ Pick 5 and 8 these last two seasons and thats it 
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy :lol: you just sound old and stuck in the past failing to embrace someone in this day and age being better than your god.
For the record I've watch the entire 85 series vs the celtics, the entire 88,89, and 90 series vs the Pistons. I saw the entire series between the bulls and lakers in 91. And I could just as easily say did you see Lebron in the 2012 season? Did you see Lebron in the NBA finals against the Thunder? Did you see Lebron in Game 7 against Boston at the Garden? Did you see Lebron James first postseason get all the way to the finals in his 3rd year? I've seen large amounts of both Jordan and Lebron. Prime Lebron is just better than Prime Jordan. If you come away after watching both with Jordan being the better defender, more efficient scorer, then I don't know what to say.

He went to the Finals in his 2nd post season tho.

I'm not a fan of these statements, because in the last 5 drafts there's only been like 5 franchise/star players. Hell, in your typical draft you're lucky to have even 1 or 2 star players in that draft.

And even then they are typically a top pick, how much are you going to give up to get that top pick? And is the owner of that top pick even willing to part ways with that pick?

If they do get that stud player, then comes the "can't wait till ________ leaves TO for __________"

Plus, how many times do you think they've actually even drafted in the top 8 in the last decade? Twice. They've drafted in the top 8, twice........ Pick 5 and 8 these last two seasons and thats it 
laugh.gif
Huh, you make good points and I'm clearly wrong.  I need to pay more attention to the Raptors.

You were right all along. This thread sucks.
Could just see it coming. Nothing but agendas and ridiculous posts for no reason, non stop trolling being allowed, its incredible.
mean.gif
We should make a NBA Season thread in General so we can weed out the trolls, sorta like what you did with the "Sports" Movie thread you made 
laugh.gif

or maybe we could hide it in one of the regional forums

Come on bro, Jordan averaged 35 ppg on 54% shooting in an era where defenders could literally hold you. Put Lebron in the NBA in the 80's and your perspective of who's the more efficient scorer will change for sure

Yes, the era where only real men played. They'd break his legs. However, Is LeBron not the biggest, fastest, strongest wing we've seen? Does he not play through contact better than anyone currently (or ever from the SF spot)? Why would he, of all people, be severely affected?

If this era is set up so nicely for him - didn't the NBA landscape in the late 90's set up perfectly for Jordan? Pace across the board slowed down and teams played exclusively in the half-court. The Bulls were on their last legs and that set things up for them - as well as their biggest competitors having zero athleticism on the wing. I bet someone like current-Kobe would kill for the NBA to look that way now and not have to get up and down with teams on almost a nightly basis. But, I know..there's no way Jordan ever had something working in his favor.

Last edited:

You were right all along. This thread sucks.

Could just see it coming. Nothing but agendas and ridiculous posts for no reason, non stop trolling being allowed, its incredible. :smh:
We should make a NBA Season thread in General so we can weed out the trolls, sorta like what you did with the "Sports" Movie thread you made 
laugh.gif

or maybe we could hide it in one of the regional forums

Don't know what' you're talkin about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom