Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think since the Raptors hired Colangelo as GM, we've done a decent job drafting.

Demar, Ross, Davis, Jonas are all promising players with a lot of upside.
Well not one of them looks like a franchise player/star on a contender.  Which is a big deal when you've picked that many times in the top 8.  I'm not high on Derozan either (honestly don't know much about the other guys), because he's a SG who isn't a great shooter.
I'm not a fan of these statements, because in the last 5 drafts there's only been like 5 franchise/star players. Hell, in your typical draft you're lucky to have even 1 or 2 star players in that draft.

And even then they are typically a top pick, how much are you going to give up to get that top pick? And is the owner of that top pick even willing to part ways with that pick?

If they do get that stud player, then comes the "can't wait till ________ leaves TO for __________"

Plus, how many times do you think they've actually even drafted in the top 8 in the last decade? Twice. They've drafted in the top 8, twice........ Pick 5 and 8 these last two seasons and thats it 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
you got me there!

But on that same note, whom else could they have taken that year that would make them contenders or is a superstar??

I look at best picks available and after those guys there aren't too many difference makers. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just start suspending people who try to bait and make player A vs B arguments. Or start a separate thread to pollute.

Man can't go posting pics of Pippen and Kerr and Rodman talking about MJ had help too. Not the same situation. That same team without MJ couldn't win the chip. MJ was the winning factor. LeBron isn't clearly that. If he was he'd have 2 rings by now.

Also Kobe did not join up with Nash and Howard, yall dudes stay on that revisionist history. Pathetic how yall want to put a ridiculous slant cuz of bias to prove argument that doesn't have the support but has a whole lot more of your emotions behind it.

Dudes want to talk up Bron like he the GOAT and give him accolades before he earns them all the time on here. Let him prove it first.

Man can't go posting pics of Pippen and Kerr and Rodman talking about MJ had help too. Not the same situation. That same team without MJ couldn't win the chip. MJ was the winning factor. LeBron isn't clearly that. If he was he'd have 2 rings by now.

Also Kobe did not join up with Nash and Howard, yall dudes stay on that revisionist history. Pathetic how yall want to put a ridiculous slant cuz of bias to prove argument that doesn't have the support but has a whole lot more of your emotions behind it.

Dudes want to talk up Bron like he the GOAT and give him accolades before he earns them all the time on here. Let him prove it first.
You're right, they don't all play on the same team. I imagined it.

Yeah your choice of words is due to your bias that's why you can't see the difference of what happened and what you said. I already know you're clown troll status so it aint that big of a deal.

Please tell me how Pierce joined up with KG and Ray or how Kareem joined up with Magic.

Lmao @ a Rafael Araujo sighting.... 2004 draft was pretty bad, but Araujo as a lottery pick that year was the beginning of one of the many bad moves the Raps made yr after yr...

They will be forever stuck in mediocrity or at the bottom... Landry Fields was another ******ed signing for the amount they paid him. Hopefully Gay pans out and breaks out with the Raps, he been playing well with them so far.

This dude Maurice on fan night is TRIPPIN :lol: :lol: He's saying everything with a straight face making it even more hilarious

you got me there!

But on that same note, whom else could they have taken that year that would make them contenders or is a superstar??

I look at best picks available and after those guys there aren't too many difference makers. 
2003: Dwyane Wade

2004: Andre Iguodala

2005: Andrew Bynum, Danny Granger

2006: LaMarcus Aldridge, Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay
2003: Wince was still there and Mo Pete solidified their backcourt. Makes sense to get a big guy to compliment him

2004: See above

2005: Bynum was a gamble cmon now.... Granger is a player everybody slipped on

2006: LMA is a Bosh clone. Roy meh, Gay would have been a reach number 1 overall. Bargnani was the right home run swing, they just didn't knock it outta the park.

I don't even know why I'm trying to defend the Raptors 
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah your choice of words is due to your bias that's why you can't see the difference of what happened and what you said. I already know you're clown troll status so it aint that big of a deal.

Please tell me how Pierce joined up with KG and Ray or how Kareem joined up with Magic.

Kobe recruiting Nash
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...steve-nash-deal-still-best-closer-in-the-game

Celtic Big 3 inspired Heat Big 3
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tics-inspired-their-decision-to-play-together

Magic got drafted to Lakers :rolleyes

What the hell happened in here??? Not eeeem gonna go back and catch up, will act like all this didn't happen :lol:

you got me there!

2003: Dwyane Wade

2004: Andre Iguodala

2005: Andrew Bynum, Danny Granger

2006: LaMarcus Aldridge, Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay
2003: Wince was still there and Mo Pete solidified their backcourt. Makes sense to get a big guy to compliment him

2004: See above

2005: Bynum was a gamble cmon now.... Granger is a player everybody slipped on

2006: LMA is a Bosh clone. Roy meh, Gay would have been a reach number 1 overall. Bargnani was the right home run swing, they just didn't knock it outta the park.

I don't even know why I'm trying to defend the Raptors 
laugh.gif
# 1 rule

Always draft on talent not position.

That is how you end up with Sam Bowie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom