Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see.... All I ever knew growing up was to cheer against the Bulls 
laugh.gif

Why did he play a career high of 40 mpg when he was 33 in Houston???

wow thats insane i did not know that. probably because it was a lockout season?

Those numbers aren't super impressive if you compare them to the Durant/Melo charts that were in here the other night.  I mean, I don't think anyone's using that to "criticize" LeBron as a player, just to point out fairly that he's not an elite jump shooter and that might hurt his game when he's older of he doesn't adapt.

This

Also I saw someone trying to diminish Dennis Rodman's years with the Bulls like he wasn't still the best rebounder in the league and an elite defender.

Those numbers aren't super impressive if you compare them to the Durant/Melo charts that were in here the other night.  I mean, I don't think anyone's using that to "criticize" LeBron as a player, just to point out fairly that he's not an elite jump shooter and that might hurt his game when he's older of he doesn't adapt.
lol.

i heard on SC this morning that if melo made his next 200 shots straight, his fg% would still be lower than brons...

lmao@ this not being 'that' impressive in comparison to ANYBODY in ANY ERA this is very very impressive...

NTers hate change, but even moreso, NTers hate greatness (outside of MJ)....kobe and bron are ALL TIME GREATS, no matter how you try and justify the contrary.

Nobody will ever be greater than Michael Jordan, I don't care if he gets 30 championships and 500 scoring titles, Michael Jordan is always going to be known as the greatest basketball player that ever played. It has more to do with the time, his demeanor, the competition, everything worked out for Jordan. There is nothing Kobe will ever do to surpass Jordan, even if he gets 7 titles, people will discredit him and bring up how Jordan never lost a final. Lebron will have better stats than Jordan when his career ends, he might even have a comparable amount of championships, but the way people view Jordan is that he is on another level.

Jordan is on that Wayne Gretzky level and that soon to be Lionel Messi level, where everyone is playing for second place.

I'm a Laker fan if that matters.

lol.

i heard on SC this morning that if melo made his next 200 shots straight, his fg% would still be lower than brons...

lmao@ this not being 'that' impressive in comparison to ANYBODY in ANY ERA this is very very impressive...

NTers hate change, but even moreso, NTers hate greatness (outside of MJ)....kobe and bron are ALL TIME GREATS, no matter how you try and justify the contrary.
It's clear I was talking about the mid and long range shot numbers, not the overall shooting percentages.....

I never tried to justify the contrary to that either.  You're setting up a lot of straw men.

lol.

Lmao

That % includes all the dunks layups and paint buckets he makes.
We are talking about shooting the ball. The next 200 shots lebron takes outside of the paint is not seeing Melo or any elite shooter in the league.

The fetish some of you guys have for the '80s and '90s is so over the top.

They not trying to hear you though.

Acting as if Lebron isn't every bit the prolific defender Jordan was, faster, bigger, stronger, a better teammate, playmaker, and scores more efficiently than Jordan ever did.

The only thing people can even point to is the series against Dallas. Acting as if his performance against the Thunder and the entire 2012 playoffs didn't make up for that. He's the most dominant wing since Jordan that's for sure.

All he needs is "rings" and it will be as clear to y'all old heads as it is to me.

Word. A one star team has never won a ring. It just doenst work that way.

also guess who broke a bunch of rick barry's long held Finals records

Highest scoring average, points per game, any championship series: 40.8 (245/6), vs. Philadelphia 76ers, 1967 NBA Finals
Broken by Michael Jordan in 1993

Points, 6-game series: 245, vs. Philadelphia 76ers, 1967 NBA Finals (40.8 ppg)

Consecutive games scoring 40 or more points: 2, April 18, 1967 to April 20, 1967
Broken by Michael Jordan on June 16, 1993

Field goals made, 6-game series: 94, vs. Philadelphia 76ers, 1967 NBA Finals

I think LeBron has already been workin on perfecting the part of his game that he'll use when he needs to adapt to loss of athleticism. Not necessarily the jump shooting.

Lakers filed complaint with league about hard fouls on Dwight Howard

"daddy stern the rest of the league aint playing nice" :frown:

:lol: wow man

Nobody will ever be greater than Michael Jordan, I don't care if he gets 30 championships and 500 scoring titles, Michael Jordan is always going to be known as the greatest basketball player that ever played. It has more to do with the time, his demeanor, the competition, everything worked out for Jordan. There is nothing Kobe will ever do to surpass Jordan, even if he gets 7 titles, people will discredit him and bring up how Jordan never lost a final. Lebron will have better stats than Jordan when his career ends, he might even have a comparable amount of championships, but the way people view Jordan is that he is on another level.

Jordan is on that Wayne Gretzky level and that soon to be Lionel Messi level, where everyone is playing for second place.

I'm a Laker fan if that matters.

:lol: This is so dumb on so many levels. So no matter what he's just gonna be the greatest ever huh? Oh okay man

The only thing people can even point to is the series against Dallas. Acting as if his performance against the Thunder and the entire 2012 playoffs didn't make up for that. He's the most dominant wing since Jordan that's for sure.

All he needs is "rings" and it will be as clear to y'all old heads as it is to me.
got swept by the spurs too

Acting as if Lebron isn't every bit the prolific defender Jordan was, faster, bigger, stronger, a better teammate, playmaker, and scores more efficiently than Jordan ever did.

How is that an "all he needs"?  Jordan isn't considered the greatest because of the sum of his physical and basketball skills....  He's considered the greatest because he won the most in the NBA's toughest era (Bill Russell's usually considered 2nd greatest because despite his 11 rings, he played on some of the most stacked teams in the history of the league).  I don't know how much more clearly that can be explained to you... 

Winning is what matters in the NBA.  Winning, winning, winning.  You're talking like we're comparing NBA 2K player ratings.

Last edited:

ughhhh NO fam

jordan was6/6 in the finals

have another "point"

cuz ill def wait for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom