Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeAndre Liggins made the Thunder. Daniel Orton, Andy Rautins, and Hollis Thompson have been cut. I wish we would just buy out Lazar or swallow the $ (1.1 mil) and send his *** home. He is NOT NBA caliber and is wasting a roster spot, I'd say ditto Cole Aldrich but at least keeping a big around to foul Dwight makes sense

628x471.jpg

My son Glock got waived by the Lakers. :\

Yes, I realize he's an undersized SG and would have been the 15th man on the roster.

I swear I don't think the Magic are going to be as awful as everybody thinks they'll be. They have quality NBA players on that squad that have won a bunch of basketball games. Nelson, Afflalo, Reddick, Big Baby, Vucevic, Nicholson, Harkless, Turkoglu, Ayon and Harkless....these are all solid players. The Bobcats had some straight up practice squad type scrubs actually getting some burn last year when they were that bad. The Cavs whole team was mentally not there the year after Bron left when they were terrible. The Magic still remained competitive when Dwight went out and there'll be a lot less drama in that locker room this year. They won't be a playoff team but they won't be the worst team in the league either.

My son Glock got waived by the Lakers. :\

Yes, I realize he's an undersized SG and would have been the 15th man on the roster.

Problem with Glock was although he was a great scorer/shooter in college, he wasn't nearly as successful in the NBA as a shooter, and he had chances to showcase.

Daniel Orton...LOL...dude should have stayed at UK

Last edited:
DeAndre Liggins made the Thunder. Daniel Orton, Andy Rautins, and Hollis Thompson have been cut. I wish we would just buy out Lazar or swallow the $ (1.1 mil) and send his *** home. He is NOT NBA caliber and is wasting a roster spot, I'd say ditto Cole Aldrich but at least keeping a big around to foul Dwight makes sense

I heard a lot of good talk about Thompson when they signed him. But, I'm guessing Liggins outplayed him.

The Hawks cut James Anderson and Damion James, which reinforces how much a bust our 2010 Draft was. We drafted James and traded him to the Nets for Jordan Crawford who we traded to Washington. :smh:

I still think we need a legit 3 who's athletic and can defend.

The players from that 2010 draft :x So many overrated guys in there.

Last edited:
Damn Harden turned down that offer? Wow...Obviously not in his position but that deal looks solid while also having chance to win which isn't guaranteed if he hops to another team.

BTW, Lulz at Wade leaving Brand Jordan for Li-Ning...I guess Wade thinks he has some post career opportunities in China by signing with them...

Thompson barely got any minutes and when he did, he wasn't a knockdown shooter like he was sold to be. Rautins played well enough to make a team, just not this team since he'd be redundant to Cook. Of all of them who got cut, I think Rautins has the best chance to end up on someone's roster.

Liggins though just hustled and played defense, slashed, and rebounded his way onto the team. Thabo always get injured and he'll fill right in and be able to guard 1s, 2s, and 3s.

Orton didn't really get a chance. He played in 1 preseason game and played well. He has the best hands of all our bigs. I'd rather have him over Cole Aldrich, plus he has the whole hometown kid thing and looking like a big Westbrook going for him.

Also, James Harden allegedly rejected a 4yr 52 million + incentives extension. He wants 60

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--j...to-negotiate-contract-extension-27571809.html

With a Wednesday deadline looming for a contract extension for James Harden, general manager Sam Presti and agent Rob Pelinka have been meeting for the past two days in Oklahoma City trying to work out a deal, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Harden, 23, recently turned down a four-year offer worth about $52 million, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Harden, last season's Sixth Man of the Year, has been pushing for a maximum contract extension of four years, $60 million.

Nevertheless, the fact the two sides are still negotiating suggests there could be a deal to be made somewhere between the Thunder's latest offer and Harden's desire for a max contract.

[Fantasy Basketball '12: Play the official game of NBA.com]

As the Thunder did in Serge Ibaka's four-year, nearly $50 million contract extension, sources said management will try to sell Harden on incentive clauses that could get his deal closer to the $60 million he wants.

James Harden won the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year award last season with the Thunder. (AP)Presti and Pelinka have talked frequently in the weeks leading up to Wednesday's midnight deadline, sources said. Pelinka knows Harden will likely command a maximum contract on the open market as a restricted free agent, and has little motivation to settle for much less.

As one league executive with relationships on both sides of the talks said, "You're asking a player to take less money and remain a non-starter. Harden can start and go make more money. …That's a tough sell."

What the Thunder have to sell is simple: a chance to stay with a championship contender and play with a core of young stars for whom he has great affection. Oklahoma City signed Ibaka in August. For the Thunder to pay Harden the maximum, they would push well into a luxury-tax scenario that owner Clay Bennett doesn't want to pay – for now, anyway.

The NBA's deadline for players in the draft class of 2009 to sign extensions is Wednesday. If not, Harden can become a restricted free agent on July 1. Several teams with salary-cap space, including the Phoenix Suns, are strong candidates to offer Harden a maximum contract.

[Also: Fantasy basketball: Sleepers and busts for 2012-13]

If Harden doesn't sign the extension, several league executives believe Presti could begin to explore trades for Harden sooner than later. Most believe it would be riskier to overhaul the Thunder – a championship contender – near the Feb. 21 trade deadline because it's too close to the start of the playoffs.

Nevertheless, Oklahoma City's insistence that it won't pay a third player beyond Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook a max contract could ultimately be a bluff. The Thunder could simply insist that now, only to cave later and match an offer sheet in the summer.

on one hand, he was pretty bad in the finals and he probably does deserve the $52M instead of $60M.

but on the other hand, eric gordon got $60M and he stays in a suit.

decisions, decisions.

I heard a lot of good talk about Thompson when they signed him. But, I'm guessing Liggins outplayed him.

The Hawks cut James Anderson and Damion James, which reinforces how much a bust our 2010 Draft was. We drafted James and traded him to the Nets for Jordan Crawford who we traded to Washington. :smh:

I still think we need a legit 3 who's athletic and can defend.

The players from that 2010 draft :x So many overrated guys in there.

Damn, I thought Anderson and James would be good role guys.

He's worth whatever teams are willing to pay for him.
Just proves that GMs are dumb as hell. What kind of world are we living in where JaVale should get $11mil/yr? Oh wait, centers are indispensable so if a guy like Blatche has a career year, he deserves 7 figures a year. Anyways, I digress.

Get that extra 8 mil James. Someone will give it to you.
Yea but at the same time, you sign with Houston or Utah, you're not in or barely in the playoffs, not on national tv multiple times a week and limited exposure means less endorsements and more importantly less dimepiece strippers and C list r'n'b starlets see you on tv. Plus he can still make an all star team here as a 3rd option, had an argument last yr, but we find you 2 more baskets and now you're 21 ppg on a top 3 team in the league and might get a title.

If I'm the GM, don't think I won't send you to Charlotte for a lottery pic or to Golden State for Klay Thompson and Brandon Rush and win a title without you.

However in real life, Presti always errs toward not making any moves. Wonder if we drag this off until the offseason and match his offer sheet. Or just give in, but really hold resentment for it and eventually move him like Denver did with Nene

What do you guys think of Beasley this season being THE man on the Suns?

I remember that debate coming out of college between him and D-Rose. I think if any other squad other than Chicago had the #1 pick, he probably would've gone first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom