Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what goddamn world is Lou Williams replaceable by Nick Young?

You should have saw my face when I watched them play BK and the Nets announcers spent like 3-4 minutes stating that Nick Young is as good or better than Lou Williams..

The entire time my face :x

Why would they sign Duhon and try and trade him already? :lol:
If the Lakers wanted Delonte, they would have gotten him in the off-season. Same with any other team in the League.

He's Chris Duhon.. You sure they wanted him as opposed to taking him because they wanted Dwight Howard? They received him in a trade to get Dwight Howard.

Also Mitch has informed every team that Blake and Duhon are on the market.

And that's plausible... But we're talking about if he hits the open market JA. Which the Mavs seem likely to allow... They went after other people in the off season, but if the opportunity presents itself again... Maybe they jump the second time.

From July 24th
While there is clear interest from the Lakers' side, West's signing is not considered imminent as L.A. is wary about locking up its remaining open roster spots while a Dwight Howard deal -- that will surely be multi-player or even multi-team when eventually completed -- is still on the table. ESPN.com

Last edited:
You should have saw my face when I watched them play BK and the Nets announcers spent like 3-4 minutes stating that Nick Young is as good or better than Lou Williams..
The entire time my face :x

I'm saying. Nick Young has done nothing but get hot at a couple moments and string together some nice shots. He doesn't provide much of a tempo change by bringing him off the bench. Lou Williams is dynamic enough to give a team some fits. Wasn't he the leading scorer of his team last year too? That offense they played out in Philly was abysmal, but still.

You want to talk about good players in Philly, talk about Jrue Holiday, Thaddeus, or Bynum.

Not Nick fricking Young.

He's Chris Duhon.. You sure they wanted him as opposed to taking him because they wanted Dwight Howard? They received him in a trade to get Dwight Howard.
Also Mitch has informed every team that Blake and Duhon are on the market.
And that's plausible... But we're talking about if he hits the open market JA. Which the Mavs seem likely to allow... They went after other people in the off season, but if the opportunity presents itself again... Maybe they jump the second time.
From July 24th

He was part of the deal? Damn, had no idea. :lol:

Also didn't know that West was linked to the Lakers. Either that, or I just forgot.

We shall see. You made my point though.
While Kobe is on the elbow isolating as you alluded to in your post, what is nash doing? What is Howard, MWP, and Gasol doing?
And I disagree that he is better off the ball, we haven't seen much of him off the ball in 17 years to begin with. To think, this late in his career that he would be a really good catch and shoot player and a good player off the ball isn't a stretch?
We as basketball followers can only follow what they've done previously because Tuesday isn't here yet. What I saw from Kobe last year, from Nash last year, does not go together. Any real basketball pundit will tell you that. However, they can go well together, but one of them will have to sacrifice something.

my man...I was about to post a bunch of youtube vids of Kobe playing off the ball but it's pretty clear we just don't watch games the same way. I'll just leave it at that

IQ is one of the most important features a player can have. I wouldnt want Delonte West anywhere near my team. Dude is talented as ****, but just not a player I would want on my team. Unless my coach is Great Popovich. And no he's not better than Chalmers or Felton.

Nick Young better than Lou Williams? LMFAO. Nick Young will never be the Sixers leading scorer. EVER. He'll shoot you out of more games than you think.

Last edited:
What made Lou great for us was his ability to draw fouls. He has to be one of the best in the league at that, and that'll be missed. But Jrue is getting full control over the point guard position now and the minutes that they don't have him in they like Turner bringing up the ball. They wanted to get bigger and stronger at all areas and having Lou out there at SG and Thad at PF always had us severely undersized on the defensive end. But this whole Nick Young slander is out of hand. You act like Lou didn't shoot us out of tons of games himself. This guy said we should have signed Josh Howard instead of him as our scoring punch off the bench. Josh Howard. We brought that dude in for a camp invite this year and Damian Wilkins beat him out for a roster spot. I guarandamntee Nick Young ends up being one of the leading candidates for 6th man of the year this year. He's on a 1 year deal...he'll show out.

Buc Em, did you read that article on Nick Young that was done recently? I suggest that you do because it was spot on. Nick Young is not going to be a leading candidate for 6th man in this league. It's just not going to happen. Let's see how much you tune switches up after about 15-20 games.

Nick Young is a one trick pony. You'll see soon enough, Buc. No versatility to his game and is ONLY effective when he's hot.

Also...I feel bad for Delonte West. Seems like he's not getting a fair shake of things in Dallas. I just basing this off of what I've been reading. My opinion could change, but that's where I stand as of now.

In addtion, someone mentioned him being a good fit in Miami? I don't think that will ever happen due to Lebron being there.

What made Lou great for us was his ability to draw fouls. He has to be one of the best in the league at that, and that'll be missed. But Jrue is getting full control over the point guard position now and the minutes that they don't have him in they like Turner bringing up the ball. They wanted to get bigger and stronger at all areas and having Lou out there at SG and Thad at PF always had us severely undersized on the defensive end. But this whole Nick Young slander is out of hand. You act like Lou didn't shoot us out of tons of games himself. This guy said we should have signed Josh Howard instead of him as our scoring punch off the bench. Josh Howard. We brought that dude in for a camp invite this year and Damian Wilkins beat him out for a roster spot. I guarandamntee Nick Young ends up being one of the leading candidates for 6th man of the year this year. He's on a 1 year deal...he'll show out.

Whats out of hand is comparing him to Lou.

Nick Young bares no resemblance to Lou Williams, Lou is really really good, Nick sucks. He doesn't get to the line and most of his time taking contested mid range shots, he also can't guard anyone, he also can't rebound and NEVER passes.

the sixers hate in this forum is real just relax and wait till the season starts

Last edited:
I'll put up $1000 that Nick Young does not win Sixth Man of the year. I would put up that much he doesn't even win 10th man of the Year.

Dude was a straight gunner and averaged 17 points a game on a terrible team. Flip Saunders could have averaged 15 ppg.

He seemed to continue playing pretty well once he was traded to a playoff team with two All-Stars. Pretty sure in the first game of that Memphis series he was making clutch shot after clutch shot to bring the Clippers back in that ridiculous comeback.

Glad I know now that Nick Young is the devil though.

He seemed to continue playing pretty well once he was traded to a playoff team with two All-Stars. Pretty sure in the first game of that Memphis series he was making clutch shot after clutch shot to bring the Clippers back in that ridiculous comeback.

Fools gold. Nick Young cared more about his pregame/postgame attire and that taco meat on his chest than winning those games.

If a small sample size of making a few lightning in a bottle threes is promising for you, so be it.

He is like a poor poor poor man's Latrell Sprewell without the heart....defensive intensity....effort.

Nick Young managed to shoot under 40% (.394%) during his stint as a Clipper, including shooting over 50% in only four games. How does one accomplish that feat playing next to Chris Paul and Blake Griffin? His rebound and assist rate is laughable as well.

Last edited:
Nick Young managed to shoot under 40% (.394%) during his stint as a Clipper, including shooting over 50% in only four games. How does one accomplish that feat playing next to Chris Paul and Blake Griffin? His rebound and assist rate is laughable as well.

Nick Young could shoot under 40% playing with Bron, Rondo, CP3, Deron and Nash.

Not trying to pour gasoline on the fire for this dude, but I was glad to see him leave the Wizards. Highlight of the season last year.....right next to Blatche getting the axe too.

I'm not saying Young won't pan out for the Sixers, but I can tell you most Clippers fans were disappointed in how he played overall once he got to LA. Aside from his role in the Memphis comeback, he was very inconsistent and didn't shoot particularly well. His defense was better than I expected, but on offense he really doesn't do much other than shoot. I don't know of any Clipper fans who were really upset that the team didn't re-sign him. Maybe our expectations for him were too high because we we're hoping for someone who could really replace what we lost when Billups went down last season and Young just didn't do that.

But if what is expected of him is to provide some scoring off the bench, he can definitely do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom