Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indiana should sell/move the Pacers. Team has been in the playoffs annually, even had all stars, yet been dead last or bottom 3 in attendance the last half of the decade. New Orleans too. Obviously I love the Thunder, but they really should have just let us keep the Hornets but it was clear the NBA didn't want to take the team from them right after Katrina because it would have looked bad from a P.R standpoint.

Last edited:
For fans of terrible teams, 2014 draft looks insane, Wiiggns, Jabari, Aaron Gordon, Harrison Twins, Randle. International class looks tough as well Dante Exum, Dario Saric, Mario Henzonja, Diop. :x:smh:
Hopefully the raps are terrible again after this year.

Stern will spend the next 15 months getting a team to move to Seattle (or at least move to Seattle by the 2014-15 season), then rig the 2014 lottery to give Seattle the #1 pick. It's gonna happen.

On point

For fans of terrible teams, 2014 draft looks insane, Wiiggns, Jabari, Aaron Gordon, Harrison Twins, Randle. International class looks tough as well Dante Exum, Dario Saric, Mario Henzonja, Diop. :x:smh:

Stern will spend the next 15 months getting a team to move to Seattle (or at least move to Seattle by the 2014-15 season), then rig the 2014 lottery to give Seattle the #1 pick. It's gonna happen.

On point

Wiggins gonna start the revival in in Seattle :smokin:x

You know what the Bucks also don't seem to get how basketball works that has to be true of any person who willingly hitches his wagon to Monta-Jennings , I look forward to ripping the 8th seed away from them, whoopee. :rolleyes
I should just make a list of teams that clearly don't understand how one basketball teams beats another.
The Kings for picking up Aaron Brooks for no good reason.
The Cavs for drafting Dion Waiters and I'm sad to say my son Tristan.
The Wizards for taking on Ariza and Okafor.
The Sixers for amnestying Elton so they could sign...nick young.
I'm sure there are more.

Nick Young is a 6'7 replacement for Lou Williams.....how damn hard is that for people to understand? We had to replace his scoring. Dude is on a 1 year deal for us....I guarantee he has a career year and a lot of opinions will be changed on him. I'd rather have him over Lou Williams undersized self getting thrashed on defense or Jamal Crawford putting up bricks. He played his role well for the Clippers, they should have resigned him.

Exactly. We literally got back a taller Lou Williams :smokin

Imma miss Lou, dont get me wrong, but Nick Young is basically the exact same player...but taller and can put up points in bunches with the quickness. Plus a contract year? Yeah, he's gonna ball out

Seattle SuperGrizzlies :pimp: :pimp:

Omer Asik could be a 20/15 guy if his hands weren't the same size as Kwame Brown's. Just missing all kinds of dunks :smh:

Even if he's already stepped down/retired his minion/replacement will do it ...... he's been groomed by Stern.... wouldn't be shocked if he worked through Alex for a yr or so before fully stepping away
Omer Asik could be a 20/15 guy if his hands weren't the same size as Kwame Brown's. Just missing all kinds of dunks :smh:

Hands of stone he has....

Man, I don't know about this Laker team man, and this has nothing to do with their preseason performance.

On paper, this team doesn't mesh well at all. Their four best players don't mix well at all. Nash needs the ball to create, and probe to be most effective. He takes up a lot of the shot clock dribbling to be most effective, have no clue how he's going to do that with Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Dwight Howard on the floor. Also, unlike in phoenix his bigs don't stretch out beyond 15 feet, which is going to make it harder for Nash to probe.

Kobe over his career has been really bad at catching and shooting. Last year he did a lot of that and turned in one of his worst performances in his career from beyond the arc. I've watched Kobe for most of his career, and from my vantage point, he's really bad at being a catch and shoot player.With Nash manning the point, and handling the ball for most of the possession, how is Kobe going to be anymore than a catch and shoot guy? Nash expends a lot of the shot clock probing, which means when Kobe touches the ball in attack mode,he'll be sub 10 on the shot clock, percentage buster definitely. One of these two are going to have to give and with Kobe's comments in the past few years, it doesn't seem like it'll be him.

So what do you have? Kobe being a catch and shoot player? Or Nash being out there as a steve blake with a bigger name?

With all of this going on between Nash and Kobe how offensively are Dwight and Pau going to be effective aside of offensive rebounding?

I don't see them winning the western conference let alone the NBA championship. Could be wrong though.

Well Nash is one of the best shooters in NBA history. Him spotting up and shooting off Kobe's creation isn't exactly a bad thing. Plus they have Dwight as the bailout (because I don't think they will have him as a first option on plays more than 5x a game) where they just dumpoff pass in the paint or lob it. Frankly, Dwight should be fine just living off of that and dunk tipping in Kobe's abundant misses when he shoots contested shots over double teams

Man, I don't know about this Laker team man, and this has nothing to do with their preseason performance.

On paper, this team doesn't mesh well at all. Their four best players don't mix well at all. Nash needs the ball to create, and probe to be most effective. He takes up a lot of the shot clock dribbling to be most effective, have no clue how he's going to do that with Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Dwight Howard on the floor. Also, unlike in phoenix his bigs don't stretch out beyond 15 feet, which is going to make it harder for Nash to probe.

Kobe over his career has been really bad at catching and shooting. Last year he did a lot of that and turned in one of his worst performances in his career from beyond the arc. I've watched Kobe for most of his career, and from my vantage point, he's really bad at being a catch and shoot player.With Nash manning the point, and handling the ball for most of the possession, how is Kobe going to be anymore than a catch and shoot guy? Nash expends a lot of the shot clock probing, which means when Kobe touches the ball in attack mode,he'll be sub 10 on the shot clock, percentage buster definitely. One of these two are going to have to give and with Kobe's comments in the past few years, it doesn't seem like it'll be him.

So what do you have? Kobe being a catch and shoot player? Or Nash being out there as a steve blake with a bigger name?

With all of this going on between Nash and Kobe how offensively are Dwight and Pau going to be effective aside of offensive rebounding?

I don't see them winning the western conference let alone the NBA championship. Could be wrong though.

*phew*

Well Nash is one of the best shooters in NBA history. Him spotting up and shooting off Kobe's creation isn't exactly a bad thing. Plus they have Dwight as the bailout (because I don't think they will have him as a first option on plays more than 5x a game) where they just dumpoff pass in the paint or lob it. Frankly, Dwight should be fine just living off of that and dunk tipping in Kobe's abundant misses when he shoots contested shots over double teams

I agree, I think Nash is a phenomenal shooter. However, he's not a 2 time mvp being a spot up guy. Now if you are going to use Nash as a spot up guy then okay, I guess but he's too good of a player to be simply a spot up guy and we've seen how good he's been these last 5 years or so and that wasn't from being a spot up guy. So while him spotting up off of Kobe's creation isn't a bad thing, that's minimizing Steve's talent imo.

And them having Dwight as a bailout albeit a good bailout, doesn't make him anymore valuable than Bynum was offensively if all he's doing is catching lobs and dumpoff passes and scoring off of Oboards.

Lakers will be fine. Nash in a pick-and-roll/pop with Gasol will be tough, especially with Gasol's passing ability when the help defender rotates. Pick-and-roll with Dwight will be extremely effective, so long as Dwight is setting hard screens.

Nash's probing will still be effective because defenders tend to get lost when he moves across the baseline through the paint with the ball, Gasol is going to have tons of short corner jumpers and Dwight will get a bunch of lobs off of simple cuts while Nash is going from one side of the court to the other with the ball. And if the defense stays at home, Nash will have tons of his little turnaround jumpers or wild lay-ups.

Kobe will have plenty of possessions to get his, and Nash isn't the type of guy who will have a problem with that.

I don't think they'll have the growing pains the Heat went through in their first season together, as Nash knows how to get everybody involved and Kobe is going to stay aggressive. And it's nowhere the situation in NY of Carmelo/Amare not fitting well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom