Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone tell Dwight to shut up. Seriously....why is this dude doing some TMZ gossip every other day. Shut the F up and play ball. Diva Howard.

:smh: The irony in your post. TMZ gossip? As in twisting one's words, or OVERREACTING to a statement?

Dwight was simply asked about the situation he was in last year

Howard, who was ultimately dealt to the Los Angeles Lakers, said, "I did want to go to Brooklyn. That's a place where I told the Magic that I really wanted to go," to Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco on ESPN NewYork 98.7 FM. "[But] I was traded to the Lakers, and I think it was a blessing in disguise.

" … I think there's a reason why everything happened the way it happened. So far it's been an unbelievable experience for me. … It's like a dream come true."

Marburys got a statue tho
imagefromurl

>>>>*

LOL

:smh: The irony in your post. TMZ gossip? As in twisting one's words, or OVERREACTING to a statement?
Dwight was simply asked about the situation he was in last year

Do you seriously think he HAS to do all of these radio interviews and pub that he CHOOSES to do? He sole mission is always to put a spin on things and make himself look good. Like his *** was the victim last year. Do you not remember that awful saga of Dwight and his trade demands. No sympathy for that man. Diva. No irony.

Just because someone ask you a question....keep it moving. "I'm a Laker. Here to play basketball." Next.

^ I can understand doing that, but nobody ever respects when someone dodges a question, either. At this point there's nothing Dwight could do to make himself look good after the way he handled himself in Orlando, so I won't fault him for choosing to briefly talk about what he wanted instead of saying nothing.

"What's up?..What's up?" :lol:

I dont know if Blake will ever be the best player on a contender...he isnt very skilled as a low post player but his athletism and motor on offense makes up for it. He isnt going to win games for you by himself, he's not there yet. He scored that much cuz he had a player named Chris Paul spoon feeding him.

And he's a douche.

He averaged 23,11, and 4 without CP3 his rookie year. :rolleyes

^ I can understand doing that, but nobody ever respects when someone dodges a question, either. At this point there's nothing Dwight could do to make himself look good after the way he handled himself in Orlando, so I won't fault him for choosing to briefly talk about what he wanted instead of saying nothing.

That's true, good point. I guess I would just prefer for him to be like "Ok, I understand why people don't like me and are sick of hearing me speak, I will just go play ball and show them all." But alas, I am not Dwight Howard.

I really want to root for the dude and see him be great, just seems like he is trying too hard to get everyone to like him. Just be you Dwight and go hoop.

Do you seriously think he HAS to do all of these radio interviews and pub that he CHOOSES to do? He sole mission is always to put a spin on things and make himself look good. Like his *** was the victim last year. Do you not remember that awful saga of Dwight and his trade demands. No sympathy for that man. Diva. No irony.
Just because someone ask you a question....keep it moving. "I'm a Laker. Here to play basketball." Next.

Seems to me as if you have your mind dead set on how you feel towards Dwight, so no need in going back and forth.

But I will say this, he answers that question now, and it's out there for people to see.....no big deal. But let's says he dodge's the question repeatedly, you and I both know all that's gonna do is cause these different media outlets to insist he's hiding something, insist he really isn't happy in LA.

Last edited:
He averaged 23,11, and 4 without CP3 his rookie year. :rolleyes

Exactly. I was just about come in and post the same thing. And since Baron was hurt most of that year, then got traded, it was a combination of a rookie Bledsoe, Randy Foye and Mo Williams running the point for the Clippers, none of whom were exactly known as great passers at the time. Griffin had to create a lot of his own scoring opportunities that season and did pretty well.

Its funny how his rookie year, pretty much everyone accross the board was saying he was much better than expected. Then a year later, Clippers get CP3, the flopping thing takes on a life of its own and all of sudden Griffin really sucks or is way overrated. Yet, he's been the same player the whole time. I get that the flopping irritates people (and I don't expect to see it much this year) and that Griffin definitely has a lot of aspects of his game he can improve, but there are still are a lot of things he does very well and he is accurately rated as one of the best PFs in the game.

Last edited:
Seems to me as if you have your mind dead set on how you feel towards Dwight, so no need in going back and forth.
But I will say this, he answers that question now, and it's out there for people to see.....no big deal. But let's says he dodge's the question repeatedly, you and I both know all that's gonna do is cause these different media outlets to insist he's hiding something, insist he really isn't happy in LA.

I like Dwight Howard the basketball player. Dwight Howard the person or the persona he portrays on TNT/ESPN etc., not so much. He's still young though so maybe it's a process.

I just heard too much pub from him and he hasn't even played 1 regular season game yet in LA.

I saw him in my college weightroom years ago before he was in the NBA and thought damn "Damn this dude is big as hell on the bench throwing around this weight.....Oh damn, that's Dwight Howard makes sense." He seemed humble/regular dude back then.

Eddy Curry signing with the Mavericks. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

This is a signing that will really help us tremendously with our front-court depth, and I can't wait to see how he works with Dirk when he's healthy. I think Curry can still be a double-double guy if he's right.

Nah, I'm joking.. :lol:

No idea why they signed him. :x

Delonte falls all the damn time. He's just a pet-project of Carlisle's. He's looking for another Jermaine O'Neal or Ron Artest he can find. :lol: . I expect him to fall out of the guard rotation by years end, hopefully.

Well, that didn't take very long.. :rofl:

,@ESefko reports that Mavs plan to waive Delonte West and put a waiver claim in for Eddy Curry. Trades are still an option.

This says a few things.

A) The Mavericks are confident with Dominique Jones/Roddy Beaubois/OJ Mayo backing up Darren Collison.
B) Chris Kaman may not be as healthy as the Mavericks would like.

Regardless, with Brand, Bernard James, and Brandan Wright, I don't want to see much of Eddy Curry. I'd much rather give guys like Wright and James some gametime than watch Eddy Curry.

That said, one former Chicago Bulls Center brought us a Championship, how about this one?! :pimp:

A6Dw8FdCEAMgmxU.jpg

:rofl: |I

Last edited:
Deonte West is awesome at basketball, think about how much people over pay role players in this league and he can be had for what? The league minimum?

Delonte has never not played well, he plays great defense on 1's and 2's, makes three's, can handle the point, what am I missing?

I don't care how crazy he is EVERY contender should be trying to pick him up.

Milwaukee and Charlotte played this morning.

Ellis and BJ combined for 4/25, and only went to to the line 3 times combined. Had 6 turnovers between them.

And they won by 10. :lol: :lol:

Deonte West is awesome at basketball, think about how much people over pay role players in this league and he can be had for what? The league minimum?
Delonte has never not played well, he plays great defense on 1's and 2's, makes three's, can handle the point, what am I missing?
I don't care how crazy he is EVERY contender should be trying to pick him up.

His head. He isn't all there. He's had outbursts with the Mavericks on-court, and I can only imagine he's clashed with someone on the practice floor.

I mean it says something when he keeps going to these teams, and not working out because of his issues. I don't blame him at all, but it is what it is. I wish him the best, but he's not someone you can rely on for a full season.

He had a poor pre-season, and maybe it affectedh is mood, and maybe Mavs management weren't satisfied.

Regardless, they have a ton of back-court players. Between Collison, Mayo, both Joneses, and Beaubois, I guess they'd just rather develop them, than try to deal with Delonte.

He'd be a great fit for the Heat, if he can stay sane.

Milwaukee and Charlotte played this morning.
Ellis and BJ combined for 4/25, and only went to to the line 3 times combined. Had 6 turnovers between them.
And they won by 10. :lol: :lol:

You know what the Bucks also don't seem to get how basketball works that has to be true of any person who willingly hitches his wagon to Monta-Jennings , I look forward to ripping the 8th seed away from them, whoopee. :rolleyes

I should just make a list of teams that clearly don't understand how one basketball teams beats another.

The Kings for picking up Aaron Brooks for no good reason.
The Cavs for drafting Dion Waiters and I'm sad to say my son Tristan.
The Wizards for taking on Ariza and Okafor.
The Sixers for amnestying Elton so they could sign...nick young.

I'm sure there are more.

Pistons paying Charlie V and Ben Gordon absurd contracts the summer before LeBron and everyone else became a FA. :lol:

"What's up?..What's up?"
laugh.gif

I dont know if Blake will ever be the best player on a contender...he isnt very skilled as a low post player but his athletism and motor on offense makes up for it. He isnt going to win games for you by himself, he's not there yet. He scored that much cuz he had a player named Chris Paul spoon feeding him.

And he's a douche.
He averaged 23,11, and 4 without CP3 his rookie year.
eyes.gif

Got me, the flopping and overall douchieness has skewed my position on him (and the Clips).

But my point was that he still wont be the best player on a contender (they won 30 games his rookie year). You think he's going to the playoffs, let alone to the 2nd rd, without CP last year?

That's not a knock, I just think he's limited and wont have that much of an impact in the playoffs where there aren't as many fast breaks/easy buckets and he has to rely more on skill than athleticism.

I hope he gets there, but he isnt yet. This Laker/Clip budding rivalry is fun now and I love it but they're still lil bro until he takes that next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom