Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OJ is a low-risk, high-reward option. I understand the criticism that he's receiving from Bhz, you, and everyone else. He hasn't lived up to what he was supposed to be. He has some talent, but it hasn't shown off during the regular season. That's fine. But with this team, there are no Zach Randolph's, Rudy Gay's, Mike Conley's, or Tony Allen's to clash with. This is technically his team until Dirk gets back. It's an opportunity. If it doesn't work out? He can walk next year. He isn't getting paid very much, and we can split ties with him after this season. The thing with OJ right now is that he's never had this freedom. Carlisle's letting him take an excessive amount of shots, and he just hasn't found the balance of a good shot, and a poor shot.

Got me, the flopping and overall douchieness has skewed my position on him (and the Clips).

But my point was that he still wont be the best player on a contender (they won 30 games his rookie year). You think he's going to the playoffs, let alone to the 2nd rd, without CP last year?

That's not a knock, I just think he's limited and wont have that much of an impact in the playoffs where there aren't as many fast breaks/easy buckets and he has to rely more on skill than athleticism.

I hope he gets there, but he isnt yet. This Laker/Clip budding rivalry is fun now and I love it but they're still lil bro until he takes that next step.

I hear what you're saying and pretty much agree Griffin isn't ready to carry a team deep into the playoffs on his own, but I can't think of a lot of 2nd or 3rd year players who have. As a Clippers fan, I'm hoping he can be a heavy contributor on a contending team early in his career and then the leader of a contending team when he's at the peak of his career. Kind of like how Kobe went from Shaq's wingman to the face of the Lakers over the course of his career. Not that I'm expecting multiple titles out of the Clippers. Just one would be fine.

Deonte West is awesome at basketball, think about how much people over pay role players in this league and he can be had for what? The league minimum?
Delonte has never not played well, he plays great defense on 1's and 2's, makes three's, can handle the point, what am I missing?
I don't care how crazy he is EVERY contender should be trying to pick him up.

His head. He isn't all there. He's had outbursts with the Mavericks on-court, and I can only imagine he's clashed with someone on the practice floor.

I mean it says something when he keeps going to these teams, and not working out because of his issues. I don't blame him at all, but it is what it is. I wish him the best, but he's not someone you can rely on for a full season.

He had a poor pre-season, and maybe it affectedh is mood, and maybe Mavs management weren't satisfied.

Regardless, they have a ton of back-court players. Between Collison, Mayo, both Joneses, and Beaubois, I guess they'd just rather develop them, than try to deal with Delonte.

He'd be a great fit for the Heat, if he can stay sane.

OBoy Jones III http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8550354/delonte-west-dallas-mavericks-suspended

When reached by ESPNDallas.com on Thursday morning, West said he was being blamed for an argument between teammates after the Mavs' 88-76 exhibition loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night in Wichita, Kan. He said he got a text Thursday morning telling him not to come to the American Airlines Center for practice.

"There was an argument between two teammates in the locker room last night that didn't involve me," said West, who had two points, one assist and three turnovers in 21 minutes against the Thunder. "Somehow I'm being blamed for it. I had nothing to do with it. I don't know what's going on."

I just saw a headline on ESPN for an article stating "Howard wanted trade to Nets"
SHOCKER!!!!! Really? We had no idea Dwight wanted to go to Brooklyn.
This is like the super feminine flamboyant friend everyone has who finally comes out of the closet. No s***.
People around him or Kobe needs to make him unavailable to the media. Dude is thirsty.

I don't blame NBA fans for feeling this way

But from my viewpoint it looked like Dwight was just speaking his mind candidly and truthfully (albeit with that corny "blessing in disguise" "God intended it" spin at the end)

ESPN just decides to take a comment like that and make it a headline

The next time someone wants to switch teams, I guarantee we'll go through this again. ESPN and other media outlets have made it an art of overblowing small quotes and random sources.

Dwight was definitely at fault for the BS circus (SVG Pepsi/let me sign away my ETO incidents)... but I think we got sick of Dwight moreso cause all the sites reporting every detail to death, too

Last edited:
You know what the Bucks also don't seem to get how basketball works that has to be true of any person who willingly hitches his wagon to Monta-Jennings , I look forward to ripping the 8th seed away from them, whoopee. :rolleyes
I should just make a list of teams that clearly don't understand how one basketball teams beats another.
The Kings for picking up Aaron Brooks for no good reason.
The Cavs for drafting Dion Waiters and I'm sad to say my son Tristan.
The Wizards for taking on Ariza and Okafor.
The Sixers for amnestying Elton so they could sign...nick young.
I'm sure there are more.

Nick Young is a 6'7 replacement for Lou Williams.....how damn hard is that for people to understand? We had to replace his scoring. Dude is on a 1 year deal for us....I guarantee he has a career year and a lot of opinions will be changed on him. I'd rather have him over Lou Williams undersized self getting thrashed on defense or Jamal Crawford putting up bricks. He played his role well for the Clippers, they should have resigned him.

Last edited:
Eddy Curry signing with the Mavericks. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
This is a signing that will really help us tremendously with our front-court depth, and I can't wait to see how he works with Dirk when he's healthy. I think Curry can still be a double-double guy if he's right.
Nah, I'm joking.. :lol:
No idea why they signed him. :x

ugh.

For fans of terrible teams, 2014 draft looks insane, Wiiggns, Jabari, Aaron Gordon, Harrison Twins, Randle. International class looks tough as well Dante Exum, Dario Saric, Mario Henzonja, Diop. :x:smh:

Hopefully the raps are terrible again after this year.

Last edited:
Deonte West is awesome at basketball, think about how much people over pay role players in this league and he can be had for what? The league minimum?
Delonte has never not played well, he plays great defense on 1's and 2's, makes three's, can handle the point, what am I missing?
I don't care how crazy he is EVERY contender should be trying to pick him up.
And a surprisingly good post up player for his size.

I've loved his game since St. Joe's.

For fans of terrible teams, 2014 draft looks insane, Wigigns, Jabari, Aaron Gordon, Harrison Twins, Randle. International class looks tough as well Dante Exum, Dario Saric, Mario Henzonja, Diop. :x:smh:

Are any one of these guys 6'11-7'2 & 290 with really good post moves?

You can see the steam coming from Shaqs head every time Dwight Howard is mentioned :lol: SOOOOO much salt in his veins.

Are any one of these guys 6'11-7'2 & 290 with really good post moves?
You can see the steam coming from Shaqs head every time Dwight Howard is mentioned :lol: SOOOOO much salt in his veins.

You mean dinosaurs? Because no dinosaurs don't exist anymore.

But seriously Jalil Okafor but he's 2015.

I was going to edit my initial post with "...at the expense of his team" but that'll do.

To be fair none of those guys were gonna sign with Detroit but overall those were bad signings.

That doesn't mean you can hand out contracts like that out to those guys. Dallas struck out on Deron, but didn't sign OJ and Collison to five year deals. It's not smart business to lock up guys like CV and Ben Gordon to that kind of money.

OKB, Diop, and relation to Gana Diop?

For fans of terrible teams, 2014 draft looks insane, Wiiggns, Jabari, Aaron Gordon, Harrison Twins, Randle. International class looks tough as well Dante Exum, Dario Saric, Mario Henzonja, Diop. :x:smh:

Stern will spend the next 15 months getting a team to move to Seattle (or at least move to Seattle by the 2014-15 season), then rig the 2014 lottery to give Seattle the #1 pick. It's gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom