Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A really basic set called "horns", but it just happens to feature Nash, Kobe and Dwight all on the same side of the floor. Nash setting a screen for Kobe to streak towards Dwight for a handoff, with Dwight rolling clean to the basket because the opposing defense has to play Pau on the other elbow and MWP being a semi-threat from the weak side corner, with Nash spotting up as well at the wing.

All I ask is for Brown to entrust the offense to Nash as much as possible and Kobe not to sabotage it.

Last edited:
Man, I don't know about this Laker team man, and this has nothing to do with their preseason performance.
On paper, this team doesn't mesh well at all. Their four best players don't mix well at all. Nash needs the ball to create, and probe to be most effective. He takes up a lot of the shot clock dribbling to be most effective, have no clue how he's going to do that with Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Dwight Howard on the floor. Also, unlike in phoenix his bigs don't stretch out beyond 15 feet, which is going to make it harder for Nash to probe.
Kobe over his career has been really bad at catching and shooting. Last year he did a lot of that and turned in one of his worst performances in his career from beyond the arc. I've watched Kobe for most of his career, and from my vantage point, he's really bad at being a catch and shoot player.With Nash manning the point, and handling the ball for most of the possession, how is Kobe going to be anymore than a catch and shoot guy? Nash expends a lot of the shot clock probing, which means when Kobe touches the ball in attack mode,he'll be sub 10 on the shot clock, percentage buster definitely. One of these two are going to have to give and with Kobe's comments in the past few years, it doesn't seem like it'll be him.
So what do you have? Kobe being a catch and shoot player? Or Nash being out there as a steve blake with a bigger name?
With all of this going on between Nash and Kobe how offensively are Dwight and Pau going to be effective aside of offensive rebounding?
I don't see them winning the western conference let alone the NBA championship. Could be wrong though.
Yup.

Man, I don't know about this Laker team man, and this has nothing to do with their preseason performance.
On paper, this team doesn't mesh well at all. Their four best players don't mix well at all. Nash needs the ball to create, and probe to be most effective. He takes up a lot of the shot clock dribbling to be most effective, have no clue how he's going to do that with Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Dwight Howard on the floor. Also, unlike in phoenix his bigs don't stretch out beyond 15 feet, which is going to make it harder for Nash to probe.
Kobe over his career has been really bad at catching and shooting. Last year he did a lot of that and turned in one of his worst performances in his career from beyond the arc. I've watched Kobe for most of his career, and from my vantage point, he's really bad at being a catch and shoot player.With Nash manning the point, and handling the ball for most of the possession, how is Kobe going to be anymore than a catch and shoot guy? Nash expends a lot of the shot clock probing, which means when Kobe touches the ball in attack mode,he'll be sub 10 on the shot clock, percentage buster definitely. One of these two are going to have to give and with Kobe's comments in the past few years, it doesn't seem like it'll be him.
So what do you have? Kobe being a catch and shoot player? Or Nash being out there as a steve blake with a bigger name?
With all of this going on between Nash and Kobe how offensively are Dwight and Pau going to be effective aside of offensive rebounding?
I don't see them winning the western conference let alone the NBA championship. Could be wrong though.

Nonsense..

Last edited:
No team that has won the chip has ever not won a preseason game in the same season

Last edited:

Here we go again you going off preseason smh how ppl try to give their final judgement on meaningless gms :lol:

Can't believe y'all still think Lakers will win the chip based off what you've seen so far.

Keep :smokin tho.

So much wrong with this post man...I'll try to be brief. the only one in the starting five that's going to mess things up is Artest and you didn't even mention him. Kobe shot horribly last year because he played thru a wrist injury that sidelined Carmelo and Loul Deng for weeks. and even still he was a great catch and shoot player inside the 3 point line. with that said he won't be strictly a catch and shoot player, he'll get the ball in iso at the elbows and down like Jordan did with Scottie facilitating. he's better off the ball because then it's not his job to set up teammates all he wants to do is score anyway. Nash fed Pau for 3 straight ~15 foot jumpers vs. the Clippers. I do agree that Nash dominates the ball from what I've seen in Phx he's gonna have to improve at playing off the ball now and then. but at the same time he's not going to dribble out the shot clock and then give it up for someone else to create, he's not Fisher/Blake...when he passes there will be an open shot. it almost seems like everyone on this team was preparing for this season last year because Nash took very few shots and the Lakers were throwing lobs like crazy. they'll be fine man

Dont see how the Lakers can beat the Thunder in a 7 game series. D12 alone will not stop all the penetration. Westbrook is gonna have his way with Nash. Howard does help, but in the end Lakers got a year older and Thunder got a year more experienced.

Here we go again you going off preseason smh how ppl try to give their final judgement on meaningless gms :lol:

:wow: Are you blind? The first line I said was that that had nothing to do with the preseason :lol:

To judge a team based off of their preseason performance is ******ed.

However, are you, and any other Laker fans on this board saying that Nash isn't at his best when he has the ball for most of the possession?

Are you guys saying that Kobe can be his ball dominant self with Steve Nash being Steve Nash?

At the same time Dwight and Pau being close to themselves too?

If this team works I guarantee you at least one of these players aren't going to be the player(s) we are used to seeing.

Last edited:
So much wrong with this post man...I'll try to be brief. the only one in the starting five that's going to mess things up is Artest and you didn't even mention him. Kobe shot horribly last year because he played thru a wrist injury that sidelined Carmelo and Loul Deng for weeks. and even still he was a great catch and shoot player inside the 3 point line. with that said he won't be strictly a catch and shoot player, he'll get the ball in iso at the elbows and down like Jordan did with Scottie facilitating. he's better off the ball because then it's not his job to set up teammates all he wants to do is score anyway. Nash fed Pau for 3 straight ~15 foot jumpers vs. the Clippers. I do agree that Nash dominates the ball from what I've seen in Phx he's gonna have to improve at playing off the ball now and then. but at the same time he's not going to dribble out the shot clock and then give it up for someone else to create, he's not Fisher/Blake...when he passes there will be an open shot. it almost seems like everyone on this team was preparing for this season last year because Nash took very few shots and the Lakers were throwing lobs like crazy. they'll be fine man

We shall see. You made my point though.

While Kobe is on the elbow isolating as you alluded to in your post, what is nash doing? What is Howard, MWP, and Gasol doing?

And I disagree that he is better off the ball, we haven't seen much of him off the ball in 17 years to begin with. To think, this late in his career that he would be a really good catch and shoot player and a good player off the ball isn't a stretch?

We as basketball followers can only follow what they've done previously because Tuesday isn't here yet. What I saw from Kobe last year, from Nash last year, does not go together. Any real basketball pundit will tell you that. However, they can go well together, but one of them will have to sacrifice something.

Mario Chalmers, Steve Blake, Randy Foye, Raymond Felton, all make 4 times the amount that Delonte made or more and he's better than all of them, you could probably get West for the league minimum if your GM doesn't make that call or at least look into it, he's not doing his job.

Mario Chalmers, Steve Blake, Randy Foye, Raymond Felton, all make 4 times the amount that Delonte made or more and he's better than all of them, you could probably get West for the league minimum if your GM doesn't make that call or at least look into it, he's not doing his job.

I agree that West would be a great fit for Miami, but they are looking to stay as clean as possible. No scandals from any of the dudes in Miami.

Shane Battier is basically the complete opposite of Delonte West. :lol:

They don't want to handle his issues man. Rick Carlisle could handle Ron Artest, but he can't handle Delonte West? That's saying something, IMO.

And people need to chill with the Lakers talk. Jesus. It's worse than Lakers fans or Clipper idiots telling me the Mavericks are done in the pre-season. :lol:

Poor runner attempt by Kobe
The Kings should already have their bags packed for Seattle.
Yup.
Hey, balls on chin. The Kings are staying in Sac till forever.
And people need to chill with the Lakers talk. Jesus. It's worse than Lakers fans or Clipper idiots telling me the Mavericks are done in the pre-season.
laugh.gif
Fine, the Kings are well on their way to becoming a playoff team

In what goddamn world is Lou Williams replaceable by Nick Young?

What's the benefit of being 6'7''? They have Jason Richardson who's a better shooter, Evan Turner who they have more faith in, and Wright who probably is the best shooter on the team.

Lou Williams at least could play point some, bring the ball up the court, and could get to the line.

Nick Young, well, chucks. Not sure what's so great about Nick Young...

Hell, I'd rather have Josh Howard. At least he has a solid jumpshot, decent defender, and a good slasher.

Speaking of, pretty shocked he hasn't earned a contract either. He's no All-Star or anything anymore, but he's still a quality wing player who has a jumper.

Dont remind me of Steve Blake please....

If what everyone (Reporters) is saying is true and Lakers are going with 14 players.. They'd be stupid not to go after Delonte as a PG, and carry 5 PGs (Morris would go to the DLeague) and roll with it until they can unload Blake and/or Duhon..

Sure he has mental and behavioral problems.. But he knows Mike Brown and what Mike Brown wants.. If you won't play defense or try to play it, you won't see time off the bench unless you are absolutely needed due to lack of depth... He's a decent scorer... He makes some bad decisions that lead to bad turnovers, but an ok passer//. But most important he is a defensive Pain in the ***.. And that's something the Lakers have very little of..

Only downside is he has an issue mid-season.. But the upside of what he brings that the Lakers don't have is huge

Last edited:
Why would they sign Duhon and try and trade him already? :lol:

If the Lakers wanted Delonte, they would have gotten him in the off-season. Same with any other team in the League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom