Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're missing the point man, how can you not get that?

Tim Duncan is NOT a forward, hasn't been for years. 2 years ago, didn't he get on the all star team, AS A FORWARD, which meant what? He kept another forward, one that should have been on the team, off it.

I don't remember which player, but I remember there being a ton of arguing in the NBA thread about it.

If Dunc was listed as a center, as he should have been, maybe he gets in, maybe he doesn't, whatever, but that other forward would have.

Now, the best X number of front court players get in, all because it don't matter what position they list Duncan at, unless Pop starts listing him as the SG, which is entirely possible.

Ask yourself why the Spurs FOR YEARS call Dunc a forward, when he's been a center for almost a decade.
I dont think I'm missing the point at all, but I will say that I totally get the point that you guys are making, I just dont totally agree with it.

Tim Duncan got on the team as a forward, but who did he keep off exactly? Regardless of whether he got on as a forward or a center, someones going to be left off. Does it matter what position it is thats left off? People cant be getting hung up over something so trivial. If that really is the case then I'll accept it but thats just childish and silly. A center would have gotten left off as opposed to a forward as a result of Tim Duncan making the team, with this new system the same thing will happen, and then what? What will be the reason? Besides X player wasnt good enough to make the team which is the true reason behind this, but is just being masked by excuses.

Limited spots lead to exclusion

Ask yourself why the Spurs FOR YEARS call Dunc a forward, when he's been a center for almost a decade.
and you think it was all because of all star votes?

im pretty sure it has more to do with him getting called the best PF of all time in TD early prime and him wanting to be that

its not necessarily about keeping someone else off. you cant just swap players based on categorized votes. if timmy was placed in the center spot instead of forward, he would have had to compete with bynum for votes

2011 saw Duncan make the team, but not Kevin Love.

Think about that.

Love was 20 and 15 that season, and would have been left off for Duncan.

Now, luckily, Yao was hurt, so he was pulled out, and Love got in. So things were ok, but what about Lamarcus Aldridge who was 21 and 9 that year? He was left off.

Duncan, 13 and 9.

If Dunc is listed as a center and gets in over bum/scrub centers, no one has a problem, right? The Center position is and has been weak for a while. Forward in the West has been LOADED for a while now. Durant, Dirk, Melo (now gone) Love, LMA, Blake, I mean, one or two of these dudes could have or were left off, for Duncan who is NOT a forward, and you're cool with that? :lol:

I just defended a Blazer making the all star team, I need to go shower and wash this stench off me. :smh: :lol:

Behind strong performances from the team's talented youngsters, as well as several veteran newcomers, the Sixers finished the preseason with an impressive 6-1 record – their best in over a decade. We take a look at some of the most striking statistics from the last week and a half of exhibition matches.
• At 6-1, the Sixers currently boast the best preseason record in the NBA. Their one loss came in overtime against the Brooklyn Nets on October 13.
• Philly also posted the best point differential of any team in the league this preseason, outscoring opponents by an average of 11.0 points per game.
• Big man Lavoy Allen has the second-most rebounds in the NBA this preseason, with 56 (8.0 per game). Center Enes Kanter of the Utah Jazz leads all players, with 63 (9.0 per game).
• The Sixers’ two Youngs, guard Nick and forward Thaddeus, finished ninth and 11th in scoring this preseason, respectively. Nick Young averaged 15.0 points per game on 47.9% shooting, while Thaddeus Young averaged 14.8 points per game on 58.6% shooting.
• As a team, the Sixers scored the third-most points of any team this preseason (102.7 points per game), behind the Houston Rockets (104.4) and the Oklahoma City Thunder (104.2).
• Doug Collins’ squad posted more 100-plus point performances than any team in the league, doing so five times.
• The Sixers have three players in the top-15 in three-pointers made – Dorell Wright (tied for eighth-most, with 12) and Jason Richardson and Nick Young (both tied for 13th-most, with 11). They are the only teammate trio to do so.
• Philly finished with the second-highest assist total (25.1 per game) and the best assists differential (+5.43) in the NBA during the preseason.
• Point guard Jrue Holiday is in a five-way tie for fourth-most assists per game, behind Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul, and Russell Westbrook. The fourth-year guard has averaged 6.5 per contest this preseason.
• Holiday also has the second-best assist/turnover ratio (3.25) of any player in the top ten in assists per game this preseason.
The Sixers open their 2012-13 preseason Wednesday, October 31, at home against the Nuggets, and while, of course, preseason games do not count in the standings, they'll do so with a great deal of momentum, thanks to their hot jump on this year's campaign.

I kno it was only pre-season but comon now give them there props fellas its the first time they all played together and its only gonna get better, i think.

its preseason tho... :x

Preseason wins and losses may be completely meaningless, but if you actually watch the games it's a good way to judge how much players have improved their games, what kind of shape they're in and how much they've grown as players. Watching the Sixers you can easily see how much better Jrue, Thad, Lavoy Allen, Hawes are and how they along with J-Rich are in great, great shape and are ready for the season. Nick Young, although I did have the same chemistry concerns that you guys have, looks like a more mature player than when I last saw him. It's just preseason and the team hasn't faced any tough times together yet, but maybe Doug Collins is the type of coach he's been missing during his career.

It's preseason and you haven't played a game with Bynum correct? You know what's going to change the dynamic right.

Behind strong performances from the team's talented youngsters, as well as several veteran newcomers, the Sixers finished the preseason with an impressive 6-1 record – their best in over a decade. We take a look at some of the most striking statistics from the last week and a half of exhibition matches.
• At 6-1, the Sixers currently boast the best preseason record in the NBA. Their one loss came in overtime against the Brooklyn Nets on October 13.
• Philly also posted the best point differential of any team in the league this preseason, outscoring opponents by an average of 11.0 points per game.
• Big man Lavoy Allen has the second-most rebounds in the NBA this preseason, with 56 (8.0 per game). Center Enes Kanter of the Utah Jazz leads all players, with 63 (9.0 per game).
• The Sixers’ two Youngs, guard Nick and forward Thaddeus, finished ninth and 11th in scoring this preseason, respectively. Nick Young averaged 15.0 points per game on 47.9% shooting, while Thaddeus Young averaged 14.8 points per game on 58.6% shooting.
• As a team, the Sixers scored the third-most points of any team this preseason (102.7 points per game), behind the Houston Rockets (104.4) and the Oklahoma City Thunder (104.2).
• Doug Collins’ squad posted more 100-plus point performances than any team in the league, doing so five times.
• The Sixers have three players in the top-15 in three-pointers made – Dorell Wright (tied for eighth-most, with 12) and Jason Richardson and Nick Young (both tied for 13th-most, with 11). They are the only teammate trio to do so.
• Philly finished with the second-highest assist total (25.1 per game) and the best assists differential (+5.43) in the NBA during the preseason.
• Point guard Jrue Holiday is in a five-way tie for fourth-most assists per game, behind Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul, and Russell Westbrook. The fourth-year guard has averaged 6.5 per contest this preseason.
• Holiday also has the second-best assist/turnover ratio (3.25) of any player in the top ten in assists per game this preseason.
The Sixers open their 2012-13 preseason Wednesday, October 31, at home against the Nuggets, and while, of course, preseason games do not count in the standings, they'll do so with a great deal of momentum, thanks to their hot jump on this year's campaign.

I kno it was only pre-season but comon now give them there props fellas its the first time they all played together and its only gonna get better, i think.

its preseason tho...
sick.gif
OK and i clearly stated that fam, but this is a brand new team with 9 new guys yall dont ever give credit when its due. Sure the stats dont count but its still something to look at on how they perform as a team.

Maybe that's why he hasn't gotten a haircut? Can't walk to the barber ?

I'm a philly fan but cmon dude haha. Lakers still havent won a game right? So does that mean they will be a trash squad this upcoming season? Nope.

I remember seeing the Lions had the best preseason record in the NFL during the 2000's..

The Lakers got the best season they could have asked for from Bynum, and sold high. Clear as day.

People are about to be FURIOUS with us.

Oden 2.0? How when he has already accomplished triple of what Oden has? His knee will be fine.

Word cause having like 3 surgeries before 25 is a good indicator that a dude will be fine. Once he injures it again his career will be kaput.

Lakers sold a lemon for a ferrari :smh: :lol:

I thought Denver was voted as the 3rd team in line to win the West?

And the NBA should've eliminating fan voting as well.

I'm a philly fan but cmon dude haha. Lakers still havent won a game right? So does that mean they will be a trash squad this upcoming season? Nope.

I remember seeing the Lions had the best preseason record in the NFL during the 2000's..

exactly :lol:

preseason means absolutely nothing and i mean NOTHING come the regular season.

Preseason wins and losses may be completely meaningless, but if you actually watch the games it's a good way to judge how much players have improved their games, what kind of shape they're in and how much they've grown as players. Watching the Sixers you can easily see how much better Jrue, Thad, Lavoy Allen, Hawes are and how they along with J-Rich are in great, great shape and are ready for the season. Nick Young, although I did have the same chemistry concerns that you guys have, looks like a more mature player than when I last saw him. It's just preseason and the team hasn't faced any tough times together yet, but maybe Doug Collins is the type of coach he's been missing during his career.

shut up. your team was going mad hard when no other team was even putting effort in these preseason games :lol:

Last edited:

shut up. your team was going mad hard when no other team was even putting effort in these preseason games
laugh.gif
So now the sixers were the only team puttin in the effort in the pre-season, yall crack me up on this forum. Pre-season might not mean nothing satistically but it proves to the coach how they can work as a team. if it wasnt for pre-season what do you think teams can just go right out into the regular season and start playing ? Nobody is perfect

So now the sixers were the only team puttin in the effort in the pre-season, yall crack me up on this forum. Pre-season might not mean nothing satistically but it proves to the coach how they can work as a team. if it wasnt for pre-season what do you think teams can just go right out into the regular season and start playing ? Nobody is perfect

its also a chance to see if the players that were invited to training camp will make the roster, players that wont contribute much against starters or veteran players like the sixers were playing. yes even wilkins is a vet even tho hes the last man on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom