Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sums up these last few pages perfectly.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
My goodness y'all need a chill pill, I specifically said they ain't been the same since they went tonthe finals doesn't mean I'm trashing em yes they had solid seasons in 04 and 05 but they wasn't in the finals compared to the Reggie millers jalen rose n mark Jackson squad that faced that lakers....I'm I getting my point across now

You mean they're not the same because a few of their best players retired? And they're not the same even though they had a better record in 2003-2004 when Mark Jackson and Jalen Rose were already retired?

Jamaal Tinsley
Reggie Miller
Ron Artest
Al Harrington
Jermaine O'Neal

:smokin

We're they better than the team that went to the finals vs the Lakers? NO...enough with the foolery y'all ain't been the same since

Obviously you didnt watch any of the games lol...but ok

I would assume that a team who won 61 games is ATLEAST as good as not better as a team who won 56 games.

:lol: you got it homie....

Obviously if we picked up the 2nd best center in the league, Jason Richardson, Nick Young and Dorrell Wright and our team is still going to be in the same spot in the East because we're going to miss him that much then I guess he's getting a little hype.

I swear he's gotta be the most overrated player in the league.He offers NOTHING other than a couple highlight dunks a game, few lucky ugly looking jumpers and his defense. And he's no Ron Artest in his prime defender either....the guy has gotten lit up plenty of times. He'll really take you out of some games with his shot selection a lot of times too. This is the one thing that people that haven't really watched Sixers games over the years don't understand. The guy seriously thought he was LeBronDala and KobeDala.

And then you dudes have the audacity to bring ELTON BRAND into the conversation and say that we're going to miss his interior defense. Hell no.....that guy was getting his *** busted by any young athletic power forward that he ever went against. Taj Gibson and Omer Asik ate him and Thad Young for lunch during the playoffs last year. He also sucked balls on offense besides when that little foul line jumper of his was actually going in every 5 games or so.

Nick Young is [in]famous for shooting his teams out of games too, without the redeeming positive qualities to his game so what's the difference?

Last edited:
Perry Jones gonna be a sleeper this season
I know you hate me......

but even if his talent is there and whatnot, barring injury, how is he ever going to get to display his sleeper status?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ain't no hate fam lol I think with him and harden coming off the bench KD is gonna need a breather and his upside and potential is great being in that situation

We're excited but Brooks pretty much already said he's not going to get minutes. I think he has to, especially so if Perk continues to suck ***. I'd like to see him in the 2nd unit with Maynor and Harden. He makes good plays, he just has to be less hesitant, he looks for someone else to pass it to first and if he can't then he turns and faces his man up and scores or gets a good play/shot. I don't get why the Bulls played their starters and rotation guys all game against our 2nd unit and training camp bodies though.

And if Harden keeps playing this way, he won't even get the MLE

Last edited:
Actually if they plan on playing Perry at the 3 and 4 then he could see the floor. Coming in for Ibaka and Durant (even though he'll be playing around 38-40 minutes) he could optimistically see like 20 minutes a game.

We're excited but Brooks pretty much already said he's not going to get minutes. I think he has to, especially so if Perk continues to suck ***. I'd like to see him in the 2nd unit with Maynor and Harden. He makes good plays, he just has to be less hesitant, he looks for someone else to pass it to first and if he can't then he turns and faces his man up and scores or gets a good play/shot. I don't get why the Bulls played their starters and rotation guys all game against our 2nd unit and training camp bodies though.

And if Harden keeps playing this way, he won't even get the MLE

True I think perk playing hurt something wrong with him idk...perry does get hesitant at times I liked what I've seen all preseason from him, brooks needs slow a bit on Maynor them acls ain't nothing to play with

Nick Young is [in]famous for shooting his teams out of games too, without the redeeming positive qualities to his game so what's the difference?

Nick Young is replacing Lou Will (who also shot us out of many games). Evan Turner/Dorrell Wright/Jason Richardson are replacing Iguodala. Turner is a pretty good defender himself, J-Rich has really been dedicating himself to the defensive end of the floor all training camp and preseason and looks to be in the best shape I've seen him in since his Warriors days and Dorrell Wright is an atleast solid defender with really good size to guard the top wing players in the league. You guys act like we're replacing Scottie Pippen with damn Steve Nash on the defensive end....we have some competent guys and a very good defensive system to get the job done.

The difference is nick is not our number one option. He basically is the replacement for lou Williams, not andre. A lot of these arguments are looking at one small point instead of looking at the whole picture.
The sixers went from having Spencer Haws as starting center to Buynum. That is a phenomenal upgrade! Their second biggest weakness was their shooting; no the sixers brought in three dependable shooters in write, Richardson And Young, not to mention improving our interior offense with Buynum. For what we gave up, I think the sixers got a great deal and what they gained will more than makeup for what they lost.
Now Thad will be starting more games which btw is a huge improvement from Elton Brand's corpse.
Like someone previously mentioned, the biggest factor that will contribute to the Sixer's success will be Jrue Holiday. I wanted to include Evan Turner but I am slowly giving up on that kid...I hope I'm wrong though

:lol:
My original point was to remind quik similar things were said last season about the Clippers-Lakers, but the Lakers still managed to finish with the better record.
You won't get an argument from me about both teams losing in the second round (though the Lakers were more competitive in their series in comparison to the Clippers).

But the Clippers lost a starter to injury; the Lakers didn't. It took the Clipps a long time to recover from Billups going down. If that injury didn't happen, things may have been different.

:lol:
My original point was to remind quik similar things were said last season about the Clippers-Lakers, but the Lakers still managed to finish with the better record.
You won't get an argument from me about both teams losing in the second round (though the Lakers were more competitive in their series in comparison to the Clippers).

But the Clippers lost a starter to injury; the Lakers didn't. It took the Clipps a long time to recover from Billups going down. If that injury didn't happen, things may have been different.

no it wouldnt, Billups wasnt gonna change much if anything at all.

no it wouldnt, Billups wasnt gonna change much if anything at all.

I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but I consider anything you say about the Clippers void since you clearly hate the team. And you're also wrong about what Billups meant to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom