[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Yo!

Mez : don't 4get to pick that up for me bro.

anybody know where i can get a big poster of Shea Stadium?
nerd.gif
DF!

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Yo!

nerd.gif
DF!

Not sure, but if they sell them at Shea I'll pick you up 1 this weekend, I'm going to the game against the Rockies on Saturday.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jimmy Page

Yo!

nerd.gif
DF!

Not sure, but if they sell them at Shea I'll pick you up 1 this weekend, I'm going to the game against the Rockies on Saturday.
pimp.gif

Yea dude please do... good looks... pick it up and ill paypal u
happy.gif

Gary always seems to question the manager's moves.

"Why is Santana not pitching? He only threw 77 pitches. Blah, blah, blah. I gotta assume he must be hurt. Blah, blah, blah."

SDFU with your negativity!

Originally Posted by SHUGES

"Why is Santana not pitching? He only threw 77 pitches. Blah, blah, blah. I gotta assume he must be hurt. Blah, blah, blah."

Umm it IS a good question bro. You have to question the move bc if ur Santana and u haven't won in 6 straight starts, ur staying out there unless urnot feeling well. It's not negativity , it's curiosity.

Jimmy Page : I will PM u either Fri nite or Sat.

Heilman.....why is he even in the mlb? No reason why we can sweep this team, but keep putting heilman out there and we will only take 2/3

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Heilman.....why is he even in the mlb? No reason why we can sweep this team, but keep putting heilman out there and we will only take 2/3

Heilman has been money the last month n 1/2 . I trust him right now cuz he's on a roll.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Umm it IS a good question bro. You have to question the move bc if ur Santana and u haven't won in 6 straight starts, ur staying out there unless ur not feeling well. It's not negativity , it's curiosity.
I hear you. But I'm probably the only one here who figures there is no reason to push Johan after a 40 minute rain delay.

it has to be cause of the rain delay...feels like Gary is trying to create news, not report it.

Yeah, I'm surprised people are bashing Heilman when he's been our best reliever the past month and a half (except for the dinger he gave up at Philly).

Heilman is going through a great stretch. Hopefully he keeps it up like this for the rest of the year and shows that the first month or so was just a fluke.

2 IP, 4 K I believe, I still think dude has a chip on his shoulder for not being a starter for this squad.

EDIT: Same deal with Delgado, swinging a great bat lately, hopefully he can keep that up as well.

Alright maybe I'm not giving him enough credit (welcome to NY...lol) but he does bad against teams under .500, but is unhitable against the Yankees andPhilies.

Well, it is time to get Mr. Wright in this damn all star game. I know I said I didn't care much earlier yesterday, but cmon...let's get the Kid to theStadium for the break.

Nice W tonight, I hope Maine can keep it rolling tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Joe Smith for future closer when Wags retires.

I thought that in the offseason, but Smith is more of a control pitcher. Control pitchers = not good closers.

For you fantasy heads, pick up Delgado! He's a career .290 hitter in the 2nd half.

Props to Heilman and Delgado for real. I've been complaining about these two for jus about the whole season, but its good to see them finally step it up.

For some reason, I really don't like Wagner. Even though he is one of the best closers in the game, he has let me down too much this season.. We need toget a new closer. I know this is close to impossible, but imagine we get a guy like Joe Nathan as our closer?

And Maine vs Zito tomorrow? We better get the win.

And another reminder: Vote Wright NOW!!!

Should we trade Gato since his stock is as high as it can get right now, or do we pick up his option in the off-season if he continues to put up numbers?He's basically on pace to hit 30 HR and 90 RBI, which is pretty impressive considering the very slow start (and he's our #6 hitter). He is reallyshutting everyone up right now.

The more I think about Tex, the more I don't want him just because we need a more consistent hitter. This lineup is full of streaky hitters and Tex is justthat, plus I have a feeling the Yanks will over-pay for him.

Perhaps a power bat in the outfield in the off-season? A shame Church is not here because he was a real threat in the lineup (we should shut him down for theyear), and they were basically one more hitter away from being a real threat offensively.

We need an outfield bat in the worst way right now though....you can't expect Chavez, Easley, and Tatis to continue raking.

As for the starters.......Santana, Maine, and Pelfrey are great man (and young). Ollie stinks but he sure does step up for big games, hopefully he'sfigured himself out with his new pitching slot.. If Pedro can pitch 5 solid innings/2-3 ER every time (as he did in Philly) we can take that out of our #5. Ithink this rotation is poised to make a serious run in the 2nd half....but lets finish the 1st half off strong first.

Back
Top Bottom