[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Player voting is stupid. If they don't like you, you can forget about making the team if you're voted by the fans.

From MLBtraderumors:

The Braves still haven't made the buy/sell decision. If they buy, Xavier Nady is the top target. If they sell, Mark Teixeira is the best chip. ApparentlyScott Boras is talking about $23MM per year for Tex this winter.

laugh.gif
grin.gif
$23Mil for Tex is outrageous!! get the heck outta here Bora$$$$$$$.. take thatishh elsewhere for a streaky hitter
roll.gif

hey wat bout picking up Sexson for platoon wit Gado? he's still a threat and could benefit in out lineup n see more pitches
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

hey wat bout picking up Sexson for platoon wit Gado? he's still a threat and could benefit in out lineup n see more pitches

no... he doesnt hit for average... hit like 200 last year and this year.... i dont want that guy anywhere near our team i wouldo rather have prince fieldereven though he doesnt have a great average he can be another 35 hr 100 rbi guy and a replacement delgado

^^^You're right about Tex not being worth that much, but someone will give it to him. I hope it's not us although we will be in the market for a 1b andhe is solid around the bag and can definitely hit.

Not on the side of signing Sexson.

If getting Holliday means trading Pelf, I'm torn. Dude is an MVP threat but there is something about the homegrown players with the Mets that I am alwaystorn about letting them go. Plus Pelf has been our best pitcher in the last month and I believe he has turned a major corner(no pun intended).

EDIT: If we could get one OF, it would be Nady. He was one of my faves when he played for us and we never really wanted to give up on him(the Sanchez accidenttriggered that trade unfortunately)

Originally Posted by nightruans

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

If Holliday has a good series vs the Mets, i wouldn't be surprised if hes a Met after the AS break.

Reyes
Reyes
Wright
Beltran
Holliday
Delgado
Castro
Endy/Pagan

eek.gif

eek.gif

pimp.gif

DO IT OMAR!!!

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

^ whose that in ur avy?
i stare at it for a good 5 minutes everytime u post.. dunno why

shes hot as hell thats why.

lol nah her name is hyori...shes an asian singer

I really hope we can get an OF by the break, i would be happy with OBV Holiiday the most but i would be fine with nady or jose guillen.

Against teams who currently have a record that exceeds .500, the Mets are 22-15 while the Phillies are 15-24.

Its series such as the Padres and Braves that have kept the team out of 1st place, hopefully they turned the corner.

It has also been announced that David Wright has replaced Soriano for the all-star game.

6 game win streaks are what's up.

I was at yesterday's game, definitely was a lot of energy & excitement in the air again, it was nice for a Thursday afternoon.

I'd like to see another outfielder picked up, but only at certain costs. I DON'T wanna lose Pelfrey, it seems like he's beginning to scratch thesurface with his abilities. I wouldn't mind seeing Ollie go, if someone's willing to take him as a loan. Though he's been good lately, he's soinconsistent. I also just don't wanna see us doing something that could keep depleting the farm system, we already don't have a lot of prospects as itis.

I wonder if today will be an audition for a guy like Perez (or anyone else) and Holliday.

Nice.

I'll get drunk tomm, gotta sleep early tonight so I can pick up my McFly's in the morning.
laugh.gif

Im just scared to give up prospects in anaty all star deal because we aren't exactly thriving in the minors right now with talent.

Only caught a little bit of Perez and the Heilman bases loaded jam, but nice W tonight opposing Cook.

Also glad to see Wright made the All-Star team replacing an injured Soriano. Definitely deserved it...

Back
Top Bottom