[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

a) Keith: You carry my baseball card in your wallet? What are you sick?!?!

b) *SNY shows cheesesteaks being cooked

Keith: Where's PETA when you need em?

Someone's on a roll tonight.
laugh.gif

As for this game......that was a pathetic effort by the Mets offense during the 4th inning not scoring a run with a leadoff single, I give up on this team!

This game is over regardless, they tacked on garbage runs against Armas who is the long man (and the ump pretty gave them a bs homerun, worst call I'veseen all season in any game).

Got to love the ball park (Utley, as good as he is, has 16HR's in this bandbox).

Lincecum and Santana tomm should be a great game.

laugh.gif
@ even being in this situation.

Guess the Mets should have SHOWN up the Phillies and stolen bases when they were up 10-1 and had men on repeatedly, especially in this bandbox.

Wagner is .... There aren't any words that describe how I feel when he's brought in to save a game.

Gotta love drama, no lead is safe in that ballpark.
laugh.gif

The Phillies got 3 runs off Armas (our reliever during blowouts), a GIFT homerun by the umps to Howard, etc.

Bottom line is, Mets are now 2.5 games back, won 3 out of 4 this series (could have easily been a sweep), and have won 7 out of 10 vs the Phils this season.

Most importantly, the lineup is clicking despite the injuries, big test tomm vs. Lincecum.

Above .500 baby!

This team is too good on paper to be squeaking out wins like this.

This is the most demoralized I've felt after a win. We won, sure, but this game should have been a statement and it proved to the Phillies that we arebeatable. It doesn't matter what personnel we have out there, we almost gave up an 8-run lead tonight. The only positive that comes from this is we're2.5 games back, but we could've taken more than 3 games in the standings (I'm talking morally)

Ask Phillie's fans if they felt "good" about this loss, a win is a win and a loss is a loss.

They could care less, its not like the Mets were managing this game holding a 1 run lead, there was mop up duty and the Phillies didn't give away at bats,!%%+ happens.

Game is over, Wags gets save # 20, Mets above .500 again, 2.5 games of the DIVISION with the Giants/Rockies/Reds coming up before the break.

Giants/Rockies/Reds coming up before the break.
we need to whoop on these guys and take over [vitale] FIRST Baby!![/vitale]......
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Here we go METS, We are HEATING UP!!!!!

Bochy moved Lincecum up to tomorrow, so it will be Sanchez vs. Santana on Wednesday. Too bad though because Lincecum vs. Johan would have been great.

Pelfrey and Lincecum tomorrow would be awesome to go to, too bad I got work until 6 and wouldn't make it in time.

ONLY the Mets could do this tonight, I went out to get somewhat hammered after it was 8-1 and I come home to see the final was 10-9. If I had been watching it,I would have been heated even though we won.

2.5 back, let's beat up on SF and Colorado before the break,

David Wright is trailing Corey Hart for the Final All Star spot.

Hart is basically campaigning for the spot, even going on ESPN to do so, so go to mlb.com and vote David in.

Back
Top Bottom