[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

I agree with Mez saying they have played better, but the inconsistency is still there in the W-L column so it's very hard to see.

The team just can't seem to get out of their own damn way which makes it very frustrating to watch.

God knows what Pedro will do tomorrow night. But I don't believe the Phils starter is anyone phenomenal so the runs SHOULD be there.

Any update on Church's status?

someone hook me up with a mets sig
pimp.gif

Pedro's gotta find his control sooner or later eh?

Tomm the Phillies have Adam Cy-Young Eaton against the Mets, he's OWNED us.

Ryan will be in the lineup tomm, and MAYBBEEE Alou. Hope they can find a way to take tom's game, they've been outplaying the Phils and they deserve it.

pixel.gif
The New York Daily News reports that Ryan Church will get additional tests on his head in New York on Monday, and that "his season seems in question."

Church was pulled from Saturday's game with migraines, and said Sunday that he's been experiencing the headaches since he was in the ninth grade. It was said the headaches were unrelated to the two concussions he's suffered this year, but he left the ballpark without talking to reporters on Sunday and the Daily News has learned he was headed to New York to see doctors. Jul. 7 - 10:19 am et

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

pixel.gif
The New York Daily News reports that Ryan Church will get additional tests on his head in New York on Monday, and that "his season seems in question."

Church was pulled from Saturday's game with migraines, and said Sunday that he's been experiencing the headaches since he was in the ninth grade. It was said the headaches were unrelated to the two concussions he's suffered this year, but he left the ballpark without talking to reporters on Sunday and the Daily News has learned he was headed to New York to see doctors. Jul. 7 - 10:19 am et

God I really hope it isn't too serious for the sake of Ryan's career and our season. If he goes down, and we don't replace him our season isover.

Why do you guys act as if Church is your savior sure he is your best hitter, but you have lots of good players that can and need to step up like Beltran hecarried the Astros to the playoffs with his bat.

David Wright is also capable of carrying the team.

If Church is out for the year Mets season is NOT over.

Mets please beat those annoying Phillthies.

Mets can afford to have Alou out, but NOT both Alou and Church...he has been the real strong positive out there every time he's on the field.

Not to mention having Chavez, Beltran, and Church in the outfield gives us one of the better outfield defense's in baseball, they are damn good at whatthey do.

I just hope Church is alright because then it may be time to move some AA guys to the Major Leagues ie Fernando.

July 7, 2008
Mets reward Tatis with start in left

Fernando Tatis is being rewarded for his homer with a start. Here's the series finale lineup against the Phillies:

Reyes, ss
Chavez, rf
Wright, 3b
Beltran, cf
Easley, 2b
Delgado, 1b
Tatis, lf
Schneider, c
Martinez, rhp

Mets spokesman Jay Horwitz confirms today's Daily News report that Ryan Church is in New York being examined. He is not on the disabled list.

Like I said before the series, 3 outta 4 against these philthies, then 4 outta 6 against the Giants n Rockies headin into the all star break
pimp.gif

Feel bad for Church who, besides Pelfrey, is our lone bright spot this year(at least, in my eyes)

Reyes is also playing well, but not the complete package cuz his defense has been shaky for some reason.

Anyway, let's get this series tonight and get to 2 1/2 back.

I thought Church was done for the season - yes, the season - a while ago. I remember watching a game where he hit a homer and son just looked totally out of itas he was rounding the bases. !##+ like this doesn't just go away.

I mean, I'm not trying to be pessimistic. But just realistic.

Well, let's just hope for the best.

But if its serious, they need to shut down Church till September, shoot, maybe an entire season.

As for this game....Santana must be rolling in his grave right now.

Good hitting. Reyes draws a walk, Chavrolet, and Wright all get on base with two outs. 3 RBI for David (yay fantasy). Nice slide, Tatis.

GOOD !@*#.

Santana must be rolling in his grave right now.

He's probably scratching his head while looking out on the field. He's never seen that before.

Nice to see David get a clutch hit, I was considering calling him out if he struck out, but he did the solid job of a captain there with that double. This isgoing to be Pedro's night tonight, he's due for a good start.

Reyes is batting .300. How he was FIFTH in voting is a travesty and a true testament to how ******ed the all-star voting is.

Utley is a monster. That was a sick play, but Reyes' wheels are even sicker.

<3 DOBBS.

Reyes is officially batting over .300.

I still can't comprehend how the players chose Tejada over Reyes, I wonder how soon the player voting began because Tejada has been hitting like .200 sincelate May.

Finally solve Eaton and Pedro looks to be dealing with a lot of pressure off with the runs scored.

Keep it up for the rest of the game and we send this team a statement in my eyes.

Mez, I think a lot of players don't like Reyes or appreciate his manneurisms in the dug out. Kinda like how a lot of players love Varitek and chose himover Pierzinsky.

Back
Top Bottom